How much will the price increase affect the Heresy?

m0nolith

I doubt we'll see a book after Malevolence, but just maybe we'll see a tie in black book called Seige... I wouldn't put it past them to just drop it at this point.

The UK benefitted from the recent changes and it’s not bad in the EU, so 30k should remain strong in Britain and Sweden. Strong enough for the Dark Angels to get their book in 2020. They’ve been waiting a long time so I hope they get it.

It’s only the rest of us that are done with Forge World.

2020 it's too early IMHO

FW have to release Malevolence plus two Index/Imperial armour books so i think that 2021 is more likely

There will be small groups and individuals that are actually spurred on to jump into building Heresy armies... becuase any moral argument keeping them from buying recasts has basically been removed. Now they can afford to build Heresy because there is no moral obligation holding up that price wall.

Heresy might actually catch on here faster becuase of that. And I am in the US.

Again, see my thread in Amicus, I think this all may be intended to actually shrink FW demand. Buy Heresy isn't going to die. But it's certainly not helped by this. It's going to be a tumultuous time for the immediate future.

There will be small groups and individuals that are actually spurred on to jump into building Heresy armies... becuase any moral argument keeping them from buying recasts has basically been removed. Now they can afford to build Heresy because there is no moral obligation holding up that price wall.

Heresy might actually catch on here faster becuase of that. And I am in the US.

Again, see my thread in Amicus, I think this all may be intended to actually shrink FW demand. Buy Heresy isn't going to die. But it's certainly not helped by this. It's going to be a tumultuous time for the immediate future.

Totally agree

HH will not due but will shrink and more people will buy from recasters

The price hike combined with the elimination of the BaC and BoP boxes will basically terminate the flow of any new players who would like to start playing HH games. Because now it'll cost an arm and a leg to have a good 2-3k army.

The price hike combined with the elimination of the BaC and BoP boxes will basically terminate the flow of any new players who would like to start playing HH games. Because now it'll cost an arm and a leg to have a good 2-3k army.

They still sell the plastic boxes with Tartaros, Cataphractii and such but I know what you mean.

Although it costed me 90€ to get ten resin marines with Bolter without any additional bitz when I started so my pity for new players is kind of low. ;)

They still sell the plastic boxes with Tartaros, Cataphractii and such but I know what you mean.

Although it costed me 90€ to get ten resin marines with Bolter without any additional bitz when I started so my pity for new players is kind of low. ;)

This is why HH will shrink

What I told Bluebelly1863 a few weeks ago was that I would not purchase any more 30k units that could not do double duty in 40k as well. No more Xiphon Interceptors and the like. I will keep adding things that work in both systems (Land Raiders, Dreadnoughts), but no more exclusives. Even the eventual Sanguinius model will proxy for Roboute Guilliman in 40k games.

What I told Bluebelly1863 a few weeks ago was that I would not purchase any more 30k units that could not do double duty in 40k as well. No more Xiphon Interceptors and the like. I will keep adding things that work in both systems (Land Raiders, Dreadnoughts), but no more exclusives. Even the eventual Sanguinius model will proxy for Roboute Guilliman in 40k games.

But Xiphon has rules for 8 edition in IA book. Or you mean only units from GW codexes? 

But Xiphon has rules for 8 edition in IA book. Or you mean only units from GW codexes?

The latter. It's just the sad reality. 40k is healthy as ever in my area, with Kill Team leagues and monthly Apocalypse battles. But 30k is a curiosity and without Prospero and Calth, an impossibility now.

Man, Son of Carnelian, my 8E armies are all heavily invested in the FW indexes as so much of the cool (non gribbly demon junk) is in those pages.  So far no one has seriously complained*, given how much worse mechanically those FW indexes are than the GW Indecii and codecii.  The FW knights are some of the most 'friendly' versions out there.

All I do know is that my Blood Angels will never touch a Storm Raven, but I have 2 Storm Eagles and 2 Xiphons which function 'okay', and my Chaos Sons of Horus spurn a lot of the selections that Chaos get in their core codex (15K points, not one predator, Heldrake, Lord of Skulls, Spawn, possesed, mutilator, forgefiend, Maulerfiend, Helbrute, Prince, or Defiler... I'm pretty happy with that).  The number one 'comment' I hear is "Who uses twenty chaos spaces marines?!  Who uses twenty in one SQUAD?!" They usually die but the expression of concern with 3-4 squads of 20 strong astartes choosing to advance  is glorious in a 40K game.  

Loyalist wise, sooooo much nice machinery.  -sighs- 

Ahem, while 30K might wane in the interim months, the use of '30K' vehicles in 40K has become more commonplace. 

*I just get ribbed for buying stuff like Land Raider Proteus (used as Land Raiders) and Storm Eagles over Ravens because of the stupid monetary cost, rather than any gaming complaint. So far I've only heard good things about using jetbikes as attack bikes. I've been using my not-sanguinius model as the Sanguinor and will probably do the same when Sangy himself descends from upon high to grace us. 

Because I paid WAY too much for ten little toy soldiers?

No because veterans of the 30k are a self appointed elite (noticed this not Just in this forum but in other places too) that are "Happy" if HH is a game with a High entering price and so on

HH started ad a High price niche of 40k and with BaC and BoP opened to a wider audience

But with new FW criminale price, LCTB, disappearing of starter boxes and fluff nazis always judging new Blood to the 30K as people that could ruin their perfect world (here in B&C i saw a Crazy thread about GW plastic Custodes jetbikes as ugly plastica Toys that must not Enterprises 30k while it's better ti have the flying dildos that GW make even if GW ones are vloser to the artwork and fluff that HH fluff nazis are so proud of) i can predict that HH will shrink more and more

It looks to me the same situation Square base nazis that made 9th Age when GW closed the dying WHFB and started AoS happy to stay in their shrinking niche

my2cents

No because veterans of the 30k are a self appointed elite (noticed this not Just in this forum but in other places too) that are "Happy" if HH is a game with a High entering price and so on

HH started ad a High price niche of 40k and with BaC and BoP opened to a wider audience

But with new FW criminale price, LCTB, disappearing of starter boxes and fluff nazis always judging new Blood to the 30K as people that could ruin their perfect world (here in B&C i saw a Crazy thread about GW plastic Custodes jetbikes as ugly plastica Toys that must not Enterprises 30k while it's better ti have the flying dildos that GW make even if GW ones are vloser to the artwork and fluff that HH fluff nazis are so proud of) i can predict that HH will shrink more and more

It looks to me the same situation Square base nazis that made 9th Age when GW closed the dying WHFB and started AoS happy to stay in their shrinking niche

my2cents

Tell us how you really feel. :rollseyes:

Just want to throw it out there. I’ve been playing 30k since before the black books (world eaters using the BA codex all those years ago) and I’ve never considered the game to be ‘tainted’ by new blood after the release of calth and the ease with which people could now buy into the game, so I fail to see how all veterans of the game are ‘elitists’ as you put it. It helped the game grow, which is only a good thing. I am very much unhappy that it has returned to an even higher entry price, it now means that when my children are old enough to want to get into the game, they won’t be able too because the price to get started is to damn high (insert meme here)

Just want to throw it out there. I’ve been playing 30k since before the black books (world eaters using the BA codex all those years ago) and I’ve never considered the game to be ‘tainted’ by new blood after the release of calth and the ease with which people could now buy into the game, so I fail to see how all veterans of the game are ‘elitists’ as you put it. It helped the game grow, which is only a good thing. I am very much unhappy that it has returned to an even higher entry price, it now means that when my children are old enough to want to get into the game, they won’t be able too because the price to get started is to damn high (insert meme here)

Agreed. Sheol is so entirely wrong it’s baffling.

We can all agree nobody is happy about the price increase. Some will stop playing because of this, others will continue, either by paying more or proxying/buying recasts. I don't even understand why people are arguing amongst themselves about this. It's very straightforward. We can only do three things: stop playing HH, continue playing HH and/or petition FW (lol to that). 

Although it costed me 90€ to get ten resin marines with Bolter without any additional bitz when I started so my pity for new players is kind of low. :wink:

my2cents

I'm not a self-appointed anything, really. I have brought people into the (40k-, WHFB-, Necromunda- etc. etc. and)  30k hobby since aeons.

Yes, I pay high prices for (good) premium sculpts, because I can afford it, but on the other hand I also convert a LOT and give people pointers how to be cost-effective in their army building.

I feel slightly offended by this  'view'  of yours, and so will a lot of people here. Because it's simply an acussation based on nothing.

Bull:cuss. People wanted to continue playing a game they loved and so they did.

There's nothing wrong with that, and, let's face it, the AoS set of rules is retarded, so people kept on playing WHFB.

And I know plenty of people that play older edition games of GW titles and other unrelated boardgames for exact the same reasons.

For the love of god, really, can we please get rid of this 'nazi-this' and 'nazi-that'  choice of words ?!

The very word should never be used lightly for obvious reasons.

And even if other corners of the internet do, we really could made an effort to be above that level of intellectual degradation.

Really, that post of yours made me sick (and I'm already down with a cold at the moment) .... oh wait, I probably qualify as a  'HH elitist fluff nazi'  in your world now ...  :down: 

Although it costed me 90€ to get ten resin marines with Bolter without any additional bitz when I started so my pity for new players is kind of low. :wink:

my2cents

I'm not a self-appointed anything, really. I have brought people into the (40k-, WHFB-, Necromunda- etc. etc. and) 30k hobby since aeons.

Yes, I pay high prices for (good) premium sculpts, because I can afford it, but on the other hand I also convert a LOT and give people pointers how to be cost-effective in their army building.

I feel slightly offended by this 'view' of yours, and so will a lot of people here. Because it's simply an acussation based on nothing.

There's nothing wrong with that, and, let's face it, the AoS set of rules is retarded, so people kept on playing WHFB.

And I know plenty of people that play older edition games of GW titles and other unrelated boardgames for exact the same reasons.

For the love of god, really, can we please get rid of this 'nazi-this' and 'nazi-that' choice of words ?!

And even if other corners of the internet do, we really could made an effort to be above that level of intellectual degradation.

Really, that post of yours made me sick (and I'm already down with a cold at the moment) .... oh wait, I probably qualify as a 'HH elitist fluff nazi' in your world now ... :down:

I can see your points

Maybe i am a bit harsh but i had a lot to argue with people too much strict about HH like it was a sacred religion opposte to "childish and stupid" 40k

I meant no offence with "fluffnazi" term just i find some people too "integralistic" in their positions

Maybe me too

The studio fluff being childish and immature is not the same thing as 40k being childish and immature. Black Legion, Emperor’s Legion, Carrion Throne, Helsreach, Badab I and II, Codex Battlezone: Cityfight are all beautiful and amazing. Gathering Storm was not. Forgebane has really cool fluff. Codex Space Wolves does not. There’s a spectrum.

I'm not a self-appointed anything, really. I have brought people into the (40k-, WHFB-, Necromunda- etc. etc. and) 30k hobby since aeons.

I feel slightly offended by this 'view' of yours, and so will a lot of people here. Because it's simply an acussation based on nothing.

For the love of god, really, can we please get rid of this 'nazi-this' and 'nazi-that' choice of words ?!

Really, that post of yours made me sick (and I'm already down with a cold at the moment) .... oh wait, I probably qualify as a 'HH elitist fluff nazi' in your world now ... :down:

By the Emperor, honoured frater, my retinas!

On-topic edit; It's a pity, but we can only hope there'll be movement towards another plastic set on the future, featuring either mkII or mkV armour, or a release as a HH battleforce/start collecting

Heresy died when bligh did, I haven't played a HH game for a year and won't for the foreseeable future. Titanicus looks good but if FW rips off people like that I think that instead of the rulebook I'll pick some armigers for cristmas. They have tricked me for far too long.

First BFG, then fantasy, now this. And all the specialist games will die eventually, just like all previous editions did. You got a playbase go ahead, you don't? Just pass

Heresy died when bligh did...

That is a key point, and 8th coming out right around the same time didn't help either. Many people migrated to HH as it:

1) used the same rules as 40k

2) had very limited and as such more balanced lists

3) was a new aspect of the game to be tried out

So when the key author passed and these three draws were negated by 8th, many people left. To me I'd guess most places have HH communities more akin to the pre-BaC clubs. That's pretty much what happen where I lived.

Archived