How much will the price increase affect the Heresy?

m0nolith

I know personally I love the heresy style stuff, been waiting for BA to drop for what seems like ages.

Was planning on saving up enough to hit free shipping and order the cool stuff I can't replicate easily with 40k bits when Angelus (or whatever they renamed it too) came out.

I live stateside, and I was already waffling on it thanks to imo ridiculous prices already (just compare 40k prices to say Warlord), but realized I probably wouldn't be able to resist buying Sanguinius at least, and at that point may as well go for the free shipping on a bulk order.

Well, those plans are dead.

Not really because the new prices are so much further out of reach, but because a 30% ish increase in price overnight, the reason for which boils down to 'because they can', is too much.

I'm not going to give money to a company making a supremely niche product that actively thumbs their nose at me.

Plenty of other companies make models of equal quality for significantly less $.

And FW branch doesn't have overhead.

I ain't gonna swallow a "you're going to pay 30% more because you live somewhere outside of Northern Europe and your going to like it".

Before taking a Chimera I'd go for stuff like this:

https://puppetswar.eu/product.php?id_product=550

There are several companies who sell decent replacements. That's the big asset of playing militia. You can make your own army and use the huge range of available miniatures for humies.

And it is much cheaper.

You may notice that my example only cost you 28€.

The problem with that model is its two different aesthetics mashed together. The tracks are steampunk and the hull is sci-fi.

Let's all agree to a don't ask don't tell policy. If you want to talk recast specifics then take it to PMs. But I think we can all live without broadcasting or asking where people are getting there stuff.

Live and let live.

Not really because the new prices are so much further out of reach, but because a 30% ish increase in price overnight, the reason for which boils down to 'because they can', is too much.

I'm not going to give money to a company making a supremely niche product that actively thumbs their nose at me.

Question; are you still going to give GW money?

It's not that I don't see your point. I agree with you, it's just that you know where the decision came down from, right?

Question; are you still going to give GW money?

It's not that I don't see your point. I agree with you, it's just that you know where the decision came down from, right?

Not for awhile at least.

(Long post, so I spoilerd it)

{

My BA have pretty much everything I need, I might pick up like 1 more box of DC at some point so I could run 30 for a 3000 pt game, but that'd be easy to source 2nd hand and cheaper too.

I'm not super thrilled with the Primaris models, they're alright I guess, bit mono pose, no unit options, some sculpts I outright think look bad (interceptors, can't not see godzilla on roller skates)

And none of the other options excite me enough to look past their blandness.

And the fluff, always a big driver for me, is downright awful.

I don't like my giant grimdark setting getting turned into the saturday morning adventures of Guilliman and his friends.

*looks over his shoulder to see if Ishagu is around*

And the only army I'd even consider picking up are guard, which I would use other models for anyway, because I don't care for cadians and gw has basically discontinued the rest;

Or plastic sisters, but I've already put in I think $300 on anvils kickstarter "Daughters of the Burning", and will probably rather show continued support to them rather than GW, since by my count, GWs about a decade behind to have any goodwill towards a sisters revamp.

I've refused to buy codexes or rules on principle since GW jacked the price up on them, again, while at the same time had lower quality material and very poor editing overall, (hell, just look at the botched job of the new Wolves dex, I wouldn't pay $40 odd for a book that feels like it got slapped together by an intern over a weeked) while at the same time claiming to be a "model company, not a rules/game company".

Well, if you aren't a company that cares about your rules, why should I pay a premium on them then?

So all in all, only thing I had left to collect was some of the cool FW only stuff for my BA, legion specific contemptor, probably a couple of heresy tanks, Sanguinius, maybe the special characters if I liked them.

And then it's a suprise price hike, and in my opinion, that's them telling me to take said hike instead.}

GW does the exact same thing, but since their products are reasonable priced to some degree and they have been doing it so long, everyone has ignored it.

It’s somewhat more understandable for GW to use fixed regional pricing because they have high local costs in the form of GW stores and distribution networks outside of the UK. If they sold in pounds but paid rent and wages in local currencies, a low pound could really hurt. They still take it too far in OZ/NZ, and there’s no excuse for leaving the VAT amount in their overseas prices. But it would make sense for them to play it a little safe with their conversion rates.

FW didn’t have any costs outside the UK aside from direct shipping and the occasional US event. Now they’re starting to use GW’s distribution networks and the large warehouse in Memphis, but given their sales volume they should only be on the hook for a small fraction of those costs. They would be fine if they were getting paid in pounds.

And as you say, the price differences are significant. FW’s prices cross more psychological breaking points than GW’s.

The FW price hike was a kick in the stones. An already sort of overpriced product went up to insanely overpriced.

I priced out a Ravenwing jetbike army. 3k points, would run about 2400.00 American with the new prices.

2400.00 for basically 46 jet bikes. Now I get it, that is an entire army and almost a years worth of painting (At least). Now here is my issue. The Kromlech turbine jetbikes, which are beautiful models with a great 30k feel and match the heresy era rider model would cost you about 1100 for the same amount, with all the same weapon options. Resin as well.

THAT is my problem. Not the large investment, but the fact that there is no reason for that price hike other then "because we can" 

Archived