Heralds Return - All Things Slaaneshi

Hello Everyone,

I'm starting a blog to document my most recent attempt at starting up an Emperor's Children/Slaanesh Daemons/Slaanesh Mortals force. For now I have the first two Noise Marines of a ten man squad, as well as 3 others that are currently PiP and 5 more that are currently waiting to be primed. On top of this I have 20 Daemonettes, 5 seekers, 2 Heralds, A Seeker Chariot and a Greater Daemon of Slaanesh as well as 20 Tempestus Scions that are converted up as Chaos Cultists/Traitor Guard that I pledge to paint before I buy anything else!

Onto the photos:
44382516851_23ded45a2d_z.jpg
Squad Champion - Just waiting for some BftBG technical paint to bloody up the sword.

44382515191_a08581f199_z.jpg
Banner Bearer for the unit - Staff needs touching up

43475599655_91a6a9d05a_z.jpg

Blastmaster Marine and two Sonic Blaster wielders

Those are some sweet Noise Marines, the green works really well as a spot colour against the purple. Are the models based off Kromlech's Bedlam range?

Cheers, they've definitely been a labour of love :biggrin.:

They're a real bash of all the sets I've picked up since about 2006. There are definitely Kromlech bits in there, as well as Spellcrow Pleasure Legion, GW Raptors and Noise Marine Upgrade kits as well as little bits from random places. The champ for example has a head from the fantasy chaos chariot, shoulder pad is Kromlech, backpack is from the upgrade set and his sword is from the sanguinary guard set.

Same goes for my Kakophoni, they've been a full-on project with parts from Kromlech, Raptors, Dark Vengeance and Emperor knows where else. :rolleyes: 

Kromlech's stuff has a great aesthetic and your Champion is definitely my favourite of the bunch, the head is a great piece.

Your off to a really great start here! I really like your colour scheme, and the snowy bases compliments the models really well. I really like how you've gone about building your Noise Marines from a whole range of different bits, I think that's the best way to do Noise Marines!

You said in your first post that your planning to add Blood for the Blood God to your champions sword. I don't think he needs it, he's looks great as he is. If you do add it on though, it might be a good idea to keep it subtle. Just a suggestion though.

Same goes for my Kakophoni, they've been a full-on project with parts from Kromlech, Raptors, Dark Vengeance and Emperor knows where else. :rolleyes:

Kromlech's stuff has a great aesthetic and your Champion is definitely my favourite of the bunch, the head is a great piece.

I was just looking through your blog on here and you've got some really great stuff - I'm happy to have impressed a fellow legionnaire!

Yeah I'm a big fan of their Bedlam Fraternity range, I've just seen that they have released legs and torsos so might have to pick some of them up as the force expands.

Your off to a really great start here! I really like your colour scheme, and the snowy bases compliments the models really well. I really like how you've gone about building your Noise Marines from a whole range of different bits, I think that's the best way to do Noise Marines!

You said in your first post that your planning to add Blood for the Blood God to your champions sword. I don't think he needs it, he's looks great as he is. If you do add it on though, it might be a good idea to keep it subtle. Just a suggestion though.

Thanks! I'm honestly quite humbled to have such positive feedback from others with more established Emperor's Children blogs. I really like the snow bases I think they add a nice contrast to the models and they help unify my army across Marines, Demons and Traitor Guard. I'm planning to use the snow to highlight the unnatural nature of the Demons as well. The 'Mortal' units will be wading through the snow whilst the demons will be walking across it.

I'm a big fan of subtlety in my models, so I was planning on using only a small amount of blood on the edge of the blade and across the snow to give the impression that he has dispatched an enemy with minimal effort and is now signalling to his next target. 

Big Update! 

I've been working away on a few kill teams for myself and my girlfriend and it was my Birthday on Wednesday so I've been away for a while, only to be off on holiday for the next 2 weeks but progress is being made.

I've constructed a few more marines, including another champion. I'm currently planning to run the marines in multiple small unit's of 6 with kitted out champions, sonic blasters and icon bearers/blastmasters that can be swapped in and out as needed. Is this still a viable tactic in this edition? I've collected lots since I last played but haven't actually played since 3.5...

Anyway, onto the model progress:

43829980224_56c6858d67_c.jpg
New Champion for 2nd Squad, I wanted to give him a more dynamic pose compared to the calmness of the other Champion.

29610007157_5362291001_c.jpg
Had to cut the back foot into a hoof due to it snapping off in my earlier attempts of modelling a few years ago.

43829979924_8617d10698_c.jpg
Rank and File Marine

43829980544_451d113371_c.jpg
Always been a fan of the heads that came in the Emperor's Children upgrade pack, I'm glad I have one of each still intact.

42739245790_25fe625f53_c.jpg
My girlfriend very kindly bought me a set of Kakophoni, a unit of Palantine Blades and the Emperor's Children Helmet set from Forgeworld. I'm planning to build the Kakophoni as they are in the box, but plan to sprinkle Palantine Blades bits throughout my force. The helmets in particular are amazing for Post-Heresy Marines.

44498637832_40f930b269_c.jpg
For my Heretic Astartes Killteam I'm running 3 cultists, which I might upgrade to a squad in 40k if I like how they turn out.

42739241710_51b401255b_c.jpg
These are a real bash of bits (like everything I do - Can't make it too easy for myself!) The torsos and heads are GW Hellstriders, The arms are from the Dark Elder Wracks kit and the legs are Frostgrave Barbarians cut in half. 

C & C's always greatly appreciated,

Heralds

44498637392_5e5d29e5c1_c.jpg

Nice dynamism in those first two poses. I'm planning on running squads of six as my army core, current plan is two squads of six kitted with five blasters and one blastmaster, backed by two Contemptors with dual Butchers. In the future I'll probably add a third squad of Noise Marines, but current models dictate that my third troop choice is a nice bunch of Daemonettes.

Those cultists are just brilliant, got me thinking about Hellstrider/Kairic Acolyte bashing...

Thanks for the feedback! I love the raptor legs for adding movement to Noise Marines, The current CSM models are much to static for a unit of pleasure seeking killing machines.

The problem I found with Acolyte legs is that they're designed for 32mm bases, so most don't even fit on the cultist's 25mm'. I'm in a similar position model wise, but looking at Armies on Parade I may set myself the nigh impossible task of finishing my small warband for the event; 7 Marines, 5 Daemonettes, A sorcerer and a Helbrute plus board shouldn't be too hard right?...

Speaking of my Sorcerer I managed to put him together last night instead of packing. I present (a very, very early version of) the current leader of my warband: Former Sergeant of the 32nd Company, Blessed Son of the Dark Prince, Scourge of Adenum IV and Lord of the Soulflayers; Krysithius Bericosian.

43679912865_520e02c93d_c.jpg

43870793044_b4233e116d_c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back!

After a great holiday and some much needed time off I am now focused on working these guys to a completed, painted army.

With two new additions to the force (a Plasma/Melta gunner and a CC marine) I was able to field my little kill team at the store today. Within the next few days I plan to finish up the 2nd squad and the HQ so that I can begin fielding the force as a proper 40k army

43035918740_a0ecabf2ae_c.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

It's been a while since I last posted here, I'm glad to see the B+C back up and running!

A lot of painting has happened over the last few weeks so this will be something of an Image dump, so apologies for that. Firstly, I entered my Emperor's Children into Armies on Parade and came away with a Bronze medal which I'm super happy with and more than I expected!

45493451251_f26be50149_c.jpg

45441997502_41c5978a4a_c.jpg

44579539715_5d642dd4d9_c.jpg

44579540065_7a6c4a97ab_c.jpg

31620414838_c0c8f7da8c_c.jpg

44579540495_8af41be950_c.jpg

44579539255_88cd2252fe_c.jpg

45441997262_79d17ed716_c.jpg

45493389411_57905f2a97_c.jpg

30553320397_b79c620b15_c.jpg

45493388691_7c88e2ebff_c.jpg

30553319817_a15921c26e_c.jpg