Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Your Anthems for your Company, your wolves

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Rune Priest Jbickb

Rune Priest Jbickb

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,368 posts
I like the grim acceptance of fate portrayed in Tyr's Ragnarok for my great company's theme. Frankly for those unaware, Tyr's whole catalog has a great number of spacewolf appropriate songs for those looking to get a playlist of glorious wolf anthems for their games
Never Mistake:
My Silence for Ignorance
My Calmness for Acceptance
My Kindness for Weakness

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

++ FERRARII CONQUISITOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,378 posts

Still rocking Danhiem for pre tournament pump up. Mostly listening to 40k audiobooks while working on stuff though!

• Triszin and Iron Sapper like this

ranulf the revenant

ranulf the revenant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 767 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
I think the Lord of the Rings Rohan theme would work well, if it came to metal I would probably go with something like this:

https://youtu.be/U__QulYyo0E
  • Jonas Stromclaw, Bjorn Firewalker and Rune Priest Jbickb like this
Your friendly neighbourhood murder husky happy.png.

My humble Space Wolves plog

sml_gallery_48988_16308_6255.png

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,943 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves

I think the Lord of the Rings Rohan theme would work well, if it came to metal I would probably go with something like this:

Thunderwolves, ho!
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

GrFlur

GrFlur

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 293 posts

"Brothers everywhere
Raise you bolter into the air
We're warriors
Warriors of The Fang
Like thunder from the sky
Sworn to fight and die
We're warriors
Warriors of The Fang"

Every time I listen to this ... chills, goosbumps, pelos de punta, pell de gallina and my brothers and sisters  gettig together form around and getting ready to feast or to fight

Howl to the Moon, you won't regret it. 

24.jpgETL_2018_Medal_04_ETL_Magister.gifgallery_53969_15812_4038.gifgallery_48988_15465_8206.pnggallery_48988_15465_18311.png

Jonas Stromclaw

Jonas Stromclaw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,143 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves,

To Erebor by Wind Rose: https://www.youtube....h?v=7Us-tk2nP6A

Caroleans' Prayer by Sabaton: https://www.youtube....h?v=oPHKn1JYHcA

Second one is a bit more sedate, but the lyrics... 

"When the king and his men,

Their enemies sight, prepare for the fight,

Banners held high, ready to die

Hear how they praise the Lord!"

“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend” J R Tolkien

Kassill

Kassill

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,115 posts
  • Faction: Vlka Fenryka

Winter's Wolves by The Sword has to be my favorite for this, I always imagine it during a battle against Tsons on Fenris

Can't you see what you have wrought here?
A curse on you and all your kin

Bloody battles will be fought here
Await your doom at empire's end

May the rivers rush to drown you

May the earth swallow your host
May the winter's wolves surround you

And rip the life from your throats

• Bryan Blaire likes this
Lo, there do I see my fallen kinsmen, Threads cut by the foe I now seek. In bloody battle I will engage him, And carve my vengeance from his flesh. No ale shall pass my lips, At no feast will I indulge. No foe shall stay my wrath, Until my brothers are avenged. Ever shall I hunt my quarry, Across the Sea of Stars. Whilst I yet breathe, I will not falter, Until Morkai claims his due.--Bjorn's Oath of the Lone Wolf

Cpt.Danjou

Cpt.Danjou

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 146 posts

It has nothing to do with the wolves, I have Le Boudin,  https://www.youtube....h?v=QC6-AhOmnCk, as my anthem to any army I play. But I am weak for this one too https://www.youtube....h?v=D0WnZyxp_Wo. But we usually do not have any music while playing the game and when painting I try to listen to calm music.

Cpt. Danjou

gallery_26778_12913_834.png

Sgt.Sangha

Sgt.Sangha

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 230 posts

who let the dogs outs!

• Bjorn Firewalker likes this

Aothaine

Aothaine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,928 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands

https://www.youtube....jWktBBj&index=1

This is pretty much what I listen to when I'm planning for my Space Wolves. Plan to listen to this while painting and building as well.

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,897 posts
Defender by manowar lately
  • Bjorn Firewalker and GrFlur like this
banana

Boytoy

Boytoy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 236 posts
  • Faction: SW/DE/GSC/Chaos

danheim, wardruna, skald, lotr and hobbit soundtracks

and heilung!

gallery_48988_10069_2782.png

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,875 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos
I’m with mactire - Metallica’s Of Wolf and Man.
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

GrFlur

GrFlur

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 293 posts

Defender by manowar lately

"...ride like the wind,

fight proud, my son.

You're the defender 

the Gods has sent..."

24.jpgETL_2018_Medal_04_ETL_Magister.gifgallery_53969_15812_4038.gifgallery_48988_15465_8206.pnggallery_48988_15465_18311.png

ranulf the revenant

ranulf the revenant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 767 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
I mean, he was a :cussty character, but playing this before a Twolf-cavalry-charge would be quite fitting:

https://youtu.be/C933mn-pR6Y

(Wagner - Ride of the Valkyries)

OK, has been mentioned already, sorry!

Edited by ranulf the revenant, 12 December 2019 - 01:35 PM.

Your friendly neighbourhood murder husky happy.png.

My humble Space Wolves plog

sml_gallery_48988_16308_6255.png

Aothaine

Aothaine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,928 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands

I can't recommend Fimbul Records enough. Check them out on Youtube if you get the chance! Amazing music!

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

++ OCCISOR CANUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,946 posts
  • Faction: Allfathers Einherjar, DG
For a change of music genre, I am liking Dragonshore by Clamavi De Profundis
I changed the lyrics up a tad to match us more.

Spoiler

• PeteySödes, Bjorn Firewalker, Aothaine and 1 other like this
Posted ImagePosted Image
If you want your army paint scheme made in Impcat just send me a message.

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,694 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

https://www.youtube....gbwJty&index=14

Ahhh the soothing snow...

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

''Avenge me Brother, AVENGE ME!!!'' *pffft* - Unknown Black Templar, cleansing of the Furry homeworld

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,943 posts
Some great songs from fans of Berserk, Miura Kentaro's classic manga:

"Beast In Black", by Beast In Black.

"Sgori", by the Russian band STVORE.

Aren't they METAL?
  • RikuEru likes this
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

GrFlur

GrFlur

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 293 posts

Da hell... the chorus of the first video just got me thinking of a Wulfen carring the Stormbringer

XD

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,943 posts

Da hell... the chorus of the first video just got me thinking of a Wulfen carring the Stormbringer

XD

Worse: If the Dragonslayer were a sentient weapon, it would sneer at Stormbringer's manipulation of the latter's wielder, and call the Daemon weapon a "pansy."

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

++ FERRARII CONQUISITOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,378 posts

Some new soundtrack material for our new blood:

https://youtu.be/Va297erJjJ4

One Two Wolf

One Two Wolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 158 posts
I think this also doubles for a thread I saw speculating on what space marine voices should sound like. I got to see him live a couple weeks back. https://youtu.be/1UR3YjktJYI

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,943 posts
Anyone else think "You Can't Stop This Mother censored.gifer" (warning: obscene language), from the Deadpool 2 soundtrack, is PERFECT for accompanying Bjorn the Fell-Handed, Logan Grimnar, Arjac Rockfist, and/or Ragnar Blackmane as they charge into battle?

Hell, Deadpool himself can "count as" Lukas the Trickster, considering how much they both like to troll everyone around them.

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker, 04 April 2020 - 04:53 AM.

NightHowler

NightHowler

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,063 posts
  • Faction: The Hand at the Gate
I have to admit this is probably more appropriate for White Scars, but the song is called “Wolf Totem” so I think it should get a free pass. It’s by a band called the Hu. I just heard it for the first time today and really enjoyed it.

https://youtu.be/jM8dCGIm6yc
  • Bjorn Firewalker and GrFlur like this

"By the River fettered Fenrir will lie till draws nigh the doom of the Gods." - Frey, Lokasenna: 41

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users