Other Races - Titan count as equivalents?

Hey guys,

Thought it might be useful to create a list for other races for those that want to do Titanicus but don't want the standard Titan look.

So this thread throws 30k setting out in place of 40k so no your race wasn't around then talk, and we are going for rough size equivalents. I know there are 3rd party rules floating around for the other races but I'm going with just proxies for this thread.

If you have an idea of a model for conversion use or even 3rd party links please share those too.

So categories are:

Imperator Titan:

Warlord Titan:

Eldar Phantom/Warlock Titan (Wraithknight)

Ork Mega Gargant (Gorkanaut)

Chaos Banelord/Plaguelord/Painlord/Warplord

Reaver Titan:

Ork Gargant

Tyranid Hydraphant

Warhound Titan:

Eldar Revenant Titan (Wraithknight)

Chaos Subjugator Scout/Questor Titan

Tau Ta'unar Supremacy Armour

Ork Stompa

Tyranid Dominatrix

As of yet named Necron Titan (Kitbash Triarch Stalker?)

Imperial Knights:

Eldar Wraitknight (Wraithguard/wraithblade)

Necron Monolith

Necron Obelisk

Ork Gorka or Morkanaut

Khorne Kytan Daemon Engine (Blood Warriors/AT Imperial Knights)

Khorne Lord Of Skulls

Slaanesh Hell-Strider Knight

Tau Stormsurge/Riptide Battlesuit

Tyranid Hierophant

-Noctem Cultor

I've always thought a giant Tomb Walker for Necrons would be killer. I remember some concept art and fan rules I came across online some time ago. But a giant, 4-6 legged spider of necrodemis spitting apocalyptic level gauss weaponry sounds too fun to pass on.

I've always thought a giant Tomb Walker for Necrons would be killer. I remember some concept art and fan rules I came across online some time ago. But a giant, 4-6 legged spider of necrodemis spitting apocalyptic level gauss weaponry sounds too fun to pass on.

It's a shame all we have the is the concept from community.

If you disagree with where I have classed titans let me know and give a size confirmation so we can place them all as close as possible.

Hope this helps inspire some players who wanted to play Titanicus but as Xenos or in the service of the Dark god's.

-Noctem Cultor

Warlord level sounds good haha. I cannot copy and paste on the browser/pc I am on at the moment but if you google 'tomb harverster' you will see what I am talking about. There was another piece of artwork where they had something similar and you could see little scribbles of warrior phalanx's to show the scale. I am still hunting for that picture.

And this is wishlisting but I do hope they add some Xenos in the near future to keep this game going strong. HH stuff is grade A beef but the system can do with added gravy.

* I dunno how to read haha. I thought it was Warlord and in one of those concept pictures it was certainly large enough. However, I wouldn't be surprised at all if there are warhound-level ones watching over the tombs.

Stompas are more Knight sized than Warhound. Historical releases I believe the Mek Boy Gargants were about Warhound sized.

Tyranid Hierophant Bio-titans were equivalent to a Warlord and the Hierodule the Reavers. However, like the Orks it isn't a perfect match.

Forge World have kinda changed that size mind so who knows going forward!

I feel the Wraithknight would be too big for a Phantom/Warlock. Its a significant step up in size relative to an Imperial Knight, which is itself bigger than the Warlord by a noticeable amount too.

Having said that I'm hoping the Wraithlord and Wraithguard/blades are a good starting point for Eldar Knights/Titans so I can have some models to use as I play around with homebrewing Xenos stuff.

Yeah Forgeworld messing with the bio-titans size and loadouts (as well as making quite flawed models of them, the 'phant being too spindly for it's own weight in 40k) is going to be an issue going forward.

On the other talon, the Dominatrix which was smaller than a Warhound in height would be good to see returned in some fashion.

In comics and novels the Titans vs Tyranids is now a classic match-up, so when they get to Xenos hopefully they will sort it out in a way good for Titanicus.

Also this is a good time to remind people of a piece of Titan lore regarding a pre-Behemoth Tyranid invasion. In the Forgotten Hivefleets section a few Tyranid codexes back it mentions a titan with damage from what looks like Tyranid bio-acid damage dating waaaay back from a battle with an unknown Xenos force where, if I recall correctly, the Emperor himself intervened in the battle.

So it's possible from lore to have Tyranid bio-titans in a Great Crusade, Heresy, Scouring, War of the Beast era setting.

Eldar Phantoms and Warlocks are actually just Reaver sized. The Warlock is the Warlord equivalent because it's psychic (and the Ordo Sinister has it's own Psy-Warlords to counter that). 

Archived