Haldor Icepelt Kitbashes / Conversions

Rikev

Finally cracked open Tooth and Claw, but Haldor needs a bit of conversion work for us Deathwatch players to make use of him. Show us how you've inducted this character into your armies!

I'll kick things off with my conversion last night to give him a Power Sword and Auto-Bolt Rifle. It fits together surprisingly well but you'll want to glue the rifle to the backpack too for extra support.

Sorry, I can't get Twitter to save the picture to post separately for some reason.

https://imgur.com/a/Q66WBbi

Ive just assembled mine as well. Ive not be quite as imaginative as you. I swapped the magazine on bolter and just left the axe on. Of coure, be got a DW shoulder pad as well. If someone want to maon about the axe rather than sword ill just counts as. I wont be taking him to a tournament. Pic up in bit.

• 1 month later...

My buddy did a kitbash of Haldor as he got Tooth and Claw ('cause he also plays Genestealr Cult). I'm waiting on Haldor to get a solo release.

xxSGDBF.jpg

He swapped the hands, and the bolt rifle for a Frostblade from the normal Space Wolves upgrade kit. He also threw some Ork skulls onto his backpack. (he got one of the skulls and the frostblade from me)

The story is that this Space Wolf is supposed to be a bit of a hunter, a Beowulf-like character.

Finally cracked open Tooth and Claw, but Haldor needs a bit of conversion work for us Deathwatch players to make use of him. Show us how you've inducted this character into your armies!

I'll kick things off with my conversion last night to give him a Power Sword and Auto-Bolt Rifle. It fits together surprisingly well but you'll want to glue the rifle to the backpack too for extra support.

Sorry, I can't get Twitter to save the picture to post separately for some reason.

https://twitter.com/Rikev/status/1035602025885696000

Maybe host the pic on imgur? Not allowed to see it from that link :(

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe host the pic on imgur? Not allowed to see it from that link :sad.:

Whoops, sorry! I locked my account and forgot I posted here. I've updated it to point at Imgur. Good catch, thanks.

Maybe host the pic on imgur? Not allowed to see it from that link :sad.:

Whoops, sorry! I locked my account and forgot I posted here. I've updated it to point at Imgur. Good catch, thanks.

No worries!

I really like that. I really really like it. I was trying to figure out the best way for me to tackle the kitbash here myself, agonizing over whether I want to keep that cool carbine with the runes and what to do with the axe. Axes are just so quintessentially SW that I wanted to find a way to keep it involved, even if its just as some bling (until it's eventually a legitimate item we can buy for Fortis KTs). I think I'm going to shamelessly steal your idea instead, lol

Looks like the power sword from the DW upgrade sprue, right? 

Yeah, but in hindsight I'd use a bigger blade as it looks a little small. I was going to use the carbine but decided on the Auto-Rifle for WYSIWYG.

I'm with you on the WYSIWYG. The slinged bolt rifle actually adds to the motion of the model, I feel - so it was a no brainer. Basically imitated your idea completely, though I lack some of the extra bits and bobs since my bitbox is pretty limited these days. Also went with the helmet.

All in all I think the sword looks fine in person, though I could see the blade from the Terminator Captain working out well here. I almost used the blade from Artemis, but decided I didn't want to overly bling the weaponry out - I felt he's still only a Sgt. after all.  I'm toying with the idea of swapping the pommel on the sword, or maybe just shortening the handle - that might make the proportions look a bit better, but I'm definitely not unhappy with it currently. 

Definitely one of my favourite looking Sgts at this point. Also going to collect Toblerone, Calcium, and Zachyboi (the BA, UM conquest, and DA ones) to see about doing something similar.

Yeah, but in hindsight I'd use a bigger blade as it looks a little small. I was going to use the carbine but decided on the Auto-Rifle for WYSIWYG.

I'm with you on the WYSIWYG. The slinged bolt rifle actually adds to the motion of the model, I feel - so it was a no brainer. Basically imitated your idea completely, though I lack some of the extra bits and bobs since my bitbox is pretty limited these days. Also went with the helmet.

All in all I think the sword looks fine in person, though I could see the blade from the Terminator Captain working out well here. I almost used the blade from Artemis, but decided I didn't want to overly bling the weaponry out - I felt he's still only a Sgt. after all.  I'm toying with the idea of swapping the pommel on the sword, or maybe just shortening the handle - that might make the proportions look a bit better, but I'm definitely not unhappy with it currently. 

Definitely one of my favourite looking Sgts at this point. Also going to collect Toblerone, Calcium, and Zachyboi (the BA, UM conquest, and DA ones) to see about doing something similar.

Can confirm that Toblerone and Zach look good as Deathwatch:

vwQX4FN.jpg

jHVe1qL.jpg

Biggest issue for me is Zachariah's left foot, as it's at an odd angle, and I didn't like what he was standing on for my bases (going techy, so his random rubble doesn't work :laugh.:)

Though, I'm normally keen on WYSIWYG, but I'm probably not going to care too much with a conversion of Haldor. Space Wolves and axes go together like extreme brutality and the Carcharodons :lol:

Archived