Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

new player, need advice :) 1000 points start

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

junior

junior

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2 posts
Hi everyone,

I am returning to the universe of 40k after about 10 years of absence. I choose thousand sons for the gorgeous models and psychic phase power.
I want to play semi-competitive and dislike the tzaangor infantry units looks.
I have the following list as a starting point, all of which are models I recently bought. I have the exalted sorcerors box, using 1 as exalted sorceror in this list and one as the sorceror in the second rubric squad. What do you think of this list?

I would like double lascannon on the defiler, but don't know where to get the points. Scarabs with veterans of the long war and prescience can put a good dent in T7 vehicles, don't have much anti tank besides that, defiler battle cannon and claws.
Exalted sorceror and defiler + one rubric squad for backline and objective control, the rest can go forward, also using DMC and scarab deep strike.

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Chaos - Thousand Sons) [56 PL, 998pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Relics of the Thousand Sons (1 Relic)

+ HQ +

Daemon Prince of Tzeentch [9 PL, 180pts]: Dark Matter Crystal, Death Hex, Malefic talon, Warptime, Wings

Exalted Sorcerer on Disc of Tzeentch [8 PL, 141pts]: 6. High Magister, Force stave, Helm of the Third Eye, Inferno Bolt Pistol, Prescience, Temporal Manipulation, Warlord

+ Troops +

Chaos Cultists [3 PL, 44pts]
. . 8x Chaos Cultist w/ Autogun
. . Chaos Cultist w/ special weapon: Heavy stubber
. . Cultist Champion: Autogun

Rubric Marines [7 PL, 112pts]: Icon of Flame
. . Aspiring Sorcerer: Force stave, Inferno Bolt Pistol, Weaver of Fates
. . 4x Rubric Marine w/ Inferno Boltgun: 4x Inferno boltgun

Rubric Marines [7 PL, 112pts]: Icon of Flame
. . Aspiring Sorcerer: Force stave, Glamour of Tzeentch, Inferno Bolt Pistol
. . 4x Rubric Marine w/ Inferno Boltgun: 4x Inferno boltgun

+ Elites +

Scarab Occult Terminators [11 PL, 238pts]: Hellfyre Missile Rack
. . Scarab Occult Sorcerer: Force stave, Inferno Combi-bolter, Weaver of Fates
. . 3x Terminator: 3x Inferno Combi-bolter, 3x Powersword
. . Terminator w/ Heavy Weapon: Power sword, Soulreaper cannon

+ Heavy Support +

Defiler [11 PL, 171pts]: Combi-bolter, Defiler scourge, Twin heavy bolter

Created with BattleScribe

#Edit: no more keywords under units
#Edit 2: removed points from wargear

Edited by junior, 03 September 2018 - 08:47 PM.

junior

junior

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2 posts
I might not have worded it fully and clear enough. I am looking for improvements on this list, and a way to expand it. What should be my next purchases? I am thinking of adding a start collecting Tzeentch daemons, making it into 5 screamers, herald on diac, exalted flamer, 3 flamers, 10 pink horrors. Then add a bpx of brimstones and blues to make a battalion,

Marshlands

Marshlands

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 180 posts
What about the enlighted? They are very, very good (spears or bows + shaman)

TS daemon princes are absolutely fantastic right now. I really like the ES models and thematically, but the daemon princes outclass them in virtually every way and are a bargain for only 39 extra points (because TS DPs get as many casts, with an extra spell lore, a 4++, more wounds and of course their combat proficiency

Ahriman on disc is virtually a must

With the daemons I'd suggest the EF is a bit rubbish. Otherwise pink horrors are very good, then Flamers then screamers. For all three though you'll do best with max units and buffs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users