609th Octavian Regiment- Charlie Company. Slow grow project.

MrZakalwe

When we planned the game last week we'd had a chat about how competitive we wanted to be yesterday and decided on 'bring your A game' so I'm not going to begrudge him switching to the army he knows better. I didn't tailor my list so I would have been no more prepared against Tau than I was against Eldar.

On the magnet front you almost certainly don't need as many as I've used- you can really shake the case without those tanks budging a millimetre so yeah you could probably use half that amount and have a good bond.

Still liking your progress, MrZakalwe. Do you do anything special for shading and highlighting, adding the damage and such?

Not really- the shading is agrax applied to the recesses with a little dragged down from some bolts, the rust is drayad bark sponged on lightly, and the rust is some pigment mixed with water and splodged around. It's all just a poor reflection of ProminusIV 's stuff really (same techniques but worse quality, worse colour choices and worse conversions - I'm not saying my stuff is bad but his are amazing). .

Agreed with duz, even if it was to bring your best game (not army) declaring you're bringing one army and switching to another is poor form. Fortunately the dice gods punished him for his sins and granted you a solid victory :wink:

That's fair but it's the first time something like this has happened so I'm not attributing it to malice. The good part was that I've been wanting more games against Alaitoc to practice fighting my hardest counter (and I like a tough match I lose far more than an easy match I win).

• 4 weeks later...

Closing in on the end of this part of the project- have 50 infantry fully painted, 10 part way through, and 10 shotgun vets to paint.

As far as tanks go it's just these two left for now and they are masked and waiting for the rain to stop so I can add the second camo colour.

http://i.imgur.com/pA5jylb.jpg

Of course the next stage of the project involves 60+ beastmen guard so it's only a reprieve but it will be nice to be able to run 2k fully painted.

Edited by MrZakalwe