++ Knightfall 2018 ++

TheOneTrueZon

black_templars_by_perun_tworek-d5lwqs4.j

artwork by Perun-Tworek

Templar Brethren, it is time once again for KNIGHTFALL, 2018 edition.

This year any model that can be used to Assault is eligible for entry. If there is a beating heart to our armies, its the need to take the fight to our enemies. If it likes to charge and has a melee attack, it can be submitted as a vow. I'm talking about our deep striking, all-in charging, don't care what the shooty meta is, assault units. That paints a pretty wide swath of options, as I would like for as many of us to continue building up our armies. Just about anything is valid within this scope, aside from some pretty obvious examples.

Good examples: Emperors Champion, Crusader & Jump Assault units, Vanguard Veterans, Reivers, LRCs, Imperial Knights
Bad examples: Flyers, drop pods, sniper scouts

As with ETL rules, submissions must be in the early stages of work. Eligible entries may be either straight from sprue, fresh out of the paint stripper, base coasted and/or has a minimal amount of base colors (1 or 2 max, white and red preferably please :yes:) . Photos of your vow must be submitted within 24 hours of the vow itself (within reason), and completion pics submitted to confirm your victory BEFORE the deadline. The event will be closed to new submissions one week (NOV 23rd) before it ends. Other event rules:

• No new vows until completion of the current vow.
  • All submissions should have the point cost of the models pledged listed somewhere within the vow (if you want to compete for the highest points banner - it's gonna be sweet -, if not that's cool too). 
  • Unlimited points or size, but choose wisely, the failure badge this year will not be something you'll want to keep for very long.
  • Vows must have a valid datasheet for submission, ie no Primaris ECs or homebrew units, no matter how cool.
  • POINT BOOST - Play a game that includes a unit completed during Knightfall and post a quick battle report, the units that were in the game will be worth 1.5x the listed datasheet points.
  • Black Templar preferred, but battle brothers from Imperial Fists and Crimson Fists are also valid, other successor chapters of Dorn can be submitted with permission.

Vows can be made any time between now and the cut-off date.
Friday November 30 at midnight Pacific time zone (UTS-8) the event will be closed and the final tally shall be made.

Here is your vow, should you choose to accept this challenge, no matter the odds:

I, (state your name), hereby vow the following force of (model/models) to the Eternal Crusade before the end of November!  I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order.  Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

sWesyUT.png

By mandate of the Inquisition, due to severe warp translation issues in this sector, the vow as stated above has been altered post facto.

Any vow made until this point shall remain unaltered.

All efforts should be made to fulfill the original order of said vow by the aforementioned completion date, forthwith.

However, the Inquisition will not issue punitive action upon those who cannot fulfill the terms of the original agreement.

As such, failure to comply with the new deadline shall be met with excruciating prejudice ad infinitum, ad nauseum.

- Inquisitor Villore of Ordo Chronos

sWesyUT.png

Here's the breakdown of special awards:

• Highest # of vows: Endless Zeal (participant who makes the most amount of completed vows, regardless of points or unit count)
  • Highest # of points: Crusade Castellan (participant who completed the highest amount of points, regardless of unit size or quantity)
  • Best in Show: Crusade Champion (chosen by TheOneTrueZon)
  • Peoples Choice: Marshal Elect (chosen by forum via polling)

Banners:

Vow Pledged:

ijLM8FY.jpg

Vow Completed:

O787td6.jpg

Participants:

Brother Adelard - Vow 1: 1x Contemptor Dreadnought (COMPLETE) | Vow 2: Grimaldus (COMPLETE)

Dark_Jober - Vow 1: 3x Aggressors (COMPLETE)

TheOneTrueZon - Vow 1: 1x Jump Assault Squad (197 - COMPLETE)

CaptnRussia - Vow 1: Land Raider & Neophyte Squad (446 - COMPLETE & FOUGHT) | Vow 2: Sons of Dorn Battleforce (BT 563 / IF 74 / CF 253 - COMPLETE & FOUGHT) TOTAL: 1919 (1279 before point boost)

Argania - Vow 1: High Marshal Helbrecht, 6 man Reiver Squad, a 5 man assault terminator squad, an Emperor's Champion and a Marshal (716)

falcongek - Vow 1: 1x apothecary, 1x company champion and a crusader squad (271 - COMPLETE)

templargdt - Vow 1: High Marshall Helbrecht, a Chaplain Dreadnought, and 10 Reivers (582 - COMPLETE)

Apocalypton - Vow 1: 1x Ironclad Dreadnought (170 - COMPLETE) | Vow 2: 5x Vanguard Veterans (155 - COMPLETE) | 1x Marshal (129 - COMPLETE) | 1x Tartaros Terminator Squad (220 - COMPLETE) TOTAL: 674

Marshal Vespasian - Vow 1:  5x Neophytes (COMPLETE) |  Vow 2: 1x Chaplain (COMPLETE) | Vow 3: 2x Rhinos (COMPLETE) | Vow 4: 1x Marshal 3x Bikes (COMPLETE) | VOW 4: 1x Primaris Intercessor Squad (COMPLETE) | Vow 5: 1x Crusader Squard (COMPLETE)

Othniel's Blade - Vow 1: High Marshal Helbrecht (175 - COMPLETE & FOUGHT) | Vow 2: 1x Primaris Castellan (74 - COMPLETE) | Vow 3: Emperors Champion (75 - COMPLETE) | 1x Marshal (129 - COMPLETE & FOUGHT) TOTal: 518 (453 before point boost)

Closet Skeleton  - Vow 1: 1x Castellan and one 1x Company Champion (117 - COMPLETE & FOUGHT) 

Mordian Glory - Vow 1: 1x Ironclad Dreadnought (170 - COMPLETE)

Cognitive - Vow 1: Company Champion (81 - COMPLETE) | Vow 2: 1x Cataphractii Captain (162 - COMPLETE) | Vow 3: 1x Captain (80 - COMPLETE) | Vow 4: TDA Captian (141 - COMPLETE) TOTAL: 464

Marshall Margulix  - Vow 1: 2x Vanguard Sword Brethren Squads (380 - COMPLETE) | Vow 2: 1x Castellan (99 - COMPLETE) | Vow 3: 6x Neophytes (55 - COMPLETE) | Vow 4: 5x Neophytes with boomsticks (COMPLETE) | Vow 5: 1x Crusader Squad (COMPLETE) 

Honda - Vow 1: 1x Kill Team (Priests of Mars themed - COMPLETE)

allegedlynerdy - Vow 1: Emperors Champion (COMPLETE) | Vow 2: 1x Chaplain (COMPLETE)

Marshall Heber - Vow 1: 5x Primaris Reivers (100 - COMPLETE) | Vow 2: Emperors Champion (75 - COMPLETE) TOTAL: 175

Brother Cristopher - Vow 1: 3x Sword Brethren (COMPLETE)

PRAISE BE!

This is exactly what we need! An honourable aim and a true cause!

I, Brother Adelard, Champion of Knightfall II, hereby vow the following force of a Relic Contemptor Dreadnought to the Eternal Crusade before the Night of the Witch! I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order. Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance!

IMG 20180904 215857

Clarification also please brother: You mention that entries must come from the ranks of our brothers in either the primogenitor or successor chapters of Dorn, however, in the list of example 'Assault' units you cite Imperial Knights? May these noble allies also be pledged? (If any be so mad/zealous?)

Clarification also please brother: You mention that entries must come from the ranks of our brothers in either the primogenitor or successor chapters of Dorn, however, in the list of example 'Assault' units you cite Imperial Knights? May these noble allies also be pledged? (If any be so mad/zealous?)

Imperial Knights can be vowed as they can be associated with Crusades, if it has some proper heraldry showing that the Knightly House is aligned with a Templar army and you're good to go.

ALSO - Remember to list the point value of your vow. 

edit: spelling

I, Dark_Jober, hereby vow the following force of three Agressors to the Eternal Crusade before the Night of the Witch!  I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order.  Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

41067144_1781551115298809_85440528780110

I, TheOneTrueZon, hereby vow the following force of a Jump Assault Squad consisting of 7 Initiates with Bolt Pistols and Chainswords, two Flamers and a Sargent with two Plamsa Pistols (197pts) to the Eternal Crusade before the Night of the Witch!  I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order.  Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

dn5bSn3.jpg

(also pictured are two Vanguard Veterans who are receiving the sacrament of "Updating")

I, CaptnRussia, hereby vow the following force of one Land Raider and 8 neophytes(as a scout squad) to the Eternal Crusade before the Night of the Witch! I enter with the mark of Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order. Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

Well, I'm ready for round two on this event! Except this time is going to be huge, I'm making two vows at least and plan on using these brand new models in my next Apocalypse game on Oct 26-27. I love all of the different events we do for this because of the motivation it gives us all, the fun bit of fluff, and the models we all get to revel in when done. Now down to brass tacks.

Land Raider: 2x Twin Lascannon sponsons, Twin Heavy Bolter, Stormbolter - 358 pts

Neophyte Squad- 3x Combat Knife/Bolt Pistol, 4x Astartes Shotgun, 1x Bolter- 88 pts

Rl7JziE.jpg

One note on the land raider is I will be adding two spellcrow templar shields to the side of the access doors in front of the sponsons, let me know if I need to update the picture. Let's get this Crusade started brothers, for Dorn and the Emperor!

I, Argania, hereby vow the following force of High Marshal Helbrecht, 6 man Reiver Squad with combat knives, a 5 man assault terminator squad with hammers and shields, an Emperor's Champion and a Marshal with powerfist and combi-grav to the Eternal Crusade before the Night of the Witch! I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order. Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

gallery_100666_14871_74103.jpg

Points Break down:

High Marshal Helbrecht- 170

The Emperor's Champion- 75

6x Reiver Squad- 108

5x Assault Terminators w TH/SS- 260

Marshal w/ combi-Grav and power fist- 103

Total- 716 points

I, falcongek, hereby vow the following force of 1 apothecary, 1 company champion and a crusader squad to the Eternal Crusade before the Night of the Witch!  I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order.  Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

Points breabdown:

apothecary; bolt p, chswrd, nartheticum, frak krak; 55pts

comp champ; mc pwr sword, bolt pistol, frag krak; 54pts

crusader squad;  162

sword brother; bolt pistol, pwr fist, frag krak; 25pts

8 initates, all bolt pist, chain swrd frag krak; 104pts

3 neophytes, all bolt pist comb blade frag krak 33pts

total points vowed; 271

Some minis have more paint than allowed but I spoke to theonetruezpn and he would allow it if O putin the extra mile.

I started with that by sculpting purity seals and tabbards/loincloths on a few. I green stuffed the last time in 2007 ore somewhere around that year.

It turned out ok.

Pic of vow;

WIN 20180906 21 04 50 Pro

I keep talking about finally doing my Templars army, this is a good reason to start.

I, templargdt, hereby vow the following force of High Marshall Helbrect, a Chaplain Dreadnought, and 10 Reivers to the Eternal Crusade before the Night of the Witch!  I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order.  Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

Points breabdown:

High Marshall Helbrect - 170

Chaplain Dreadnought (Twin Lascannon, Power Fist, Storm Bolter) - 212

10 Reivers (Knives, Pistols, Grav Chutes) - 200

total points vowed: 582

My picture for the Dreadnought is an assault cannon but I dug a lascannon out of my box after I took the photo.  If I need to add another photo please let me know.  Thanks.

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af100/templargdt/templars.jpg

I, Apocalypton, hereby vow the following force of an Ironclad Dreadnought to the Eternal Crusade before the Night of the Witch! I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order. Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

Points: 170 (Ironclad with 2 Hunter-killers, Ironclad Assault Launchers, Heavy Flamer, Hurricane Bolter and Dreadnought Chainfist)

gallery_104643_14320_690743.jpg

I, Marshal Vespasian, hereby vow the following force of 5 Neophytes asmnd upgrades to crusading brethren to the Eternal Crusade before the Night of the Witch! I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order. Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

https://imgur.com/a/oxaq7r6

All my units I can find are already up to 3 colours or so... but I did find this:

I, Othniel's Blade,  hereby vow the following force of High Marshal Helbrecht to the Eternal Crusade before the Night of the Witch!  I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order.  Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

Gotta touch up the primer that chipped off this METAL block of awesome, but a friend of mine picked the High Marshal up from a vintage store in TX for peanuts. I've been saving him for a suitable event such as this. 170 Pts.

Helbrecht

My phone quit working so no pictures, but I managed to finish building my Reivers, Helbrect, and Chaplain dreadnought.  Yes, I did cut myself working with the Resin dreadnought.  It's a pretty great model, I'm sad that Forgeworld discontinued it.  I think if you give it the Armor Indomitus relic (it's a character, so you can) and stick it in a dreadnought drop pod it will be pretty effective with some other drop in models.  Like, say, the Reivers.

Edit: got my phone working.  I wasn't thrilled with the whole Primaris project, but I like the Reivers with the grav chutes.  I wish bolt carbine, knife, and pistol was an option.  The idea of operating in a battlefield with no rifle is just... really dumb.  Nice models though.

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af100/templargdt/41869178_10156497841593950_5643868695194238976_o.jpg

Helbrecht is complete! I know I shared them on my crusade thread, but I see some other WIPs going up and wanted to update you all on my vow!

gallery_100666_14871_197208.jpggallery_100666_14871_156930.jpggallery_100666_14871_106026.jpggallery_100666_14871_262329.jpg

Reivers are almost done! Still WIP

gallery_100666_14871_245402.jpg

Still need to do the Emperor's Champion, 5 hammernators and a Marshal.

Nice work Arganias, I also have a Helbrecht to do at some point and a squad of Reivers!

I got this far last night with my first vow so still a WIP needing a few more highlights and basing etc.

Experimented with the yellow guns in a nod to the IF. It was a lot of yellow on one side so felt i had to balance it out with the hazard markings on the chain fist. I think it works ok so far.

gallery_104643_14896_27794.jpg

Archived