++ Knightfall 2018 ++

TheOneTrueZon

I have two guys who will be single units.

I, Closet Skeleton, hereby vow the following force of one Castellan (lieutenant) and one (Fighting) Company Champion to the Eternal Crusade before the Night of the Witch! I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order. Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

gallery_85153_14919_1014222.png

The Castellan is 63 points with master crafted boltgun and chainsword and the Champion is 54.

Looking great brother the yellow weapons really contrast well with our dark armor.

How did you paint that?

Thanks, no problem, here it goes:

Undercoat Chaos Black

Averland Sunset x 2 base coats (50/50 with water - roughly)

Nuln Oil x 1 all over once dry

Cassandora Yellow x 1 all over once dry

Yriel Yellow x 1 applied to all but recesses/shaded areas. (50/50)

Yriel yellow x 1 again this time applied on just the top half of the previous coat of Yriel Yellow (50/50)

Dorn Yellow edge highlight (50/50)

I, Apocalypton, hereby vow the following force of a 5 Vanguard Veterans with Lightning Claws, Jump Packs and Melta Bombs to the Eternal Crusade before the Night of the Witch! I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order. Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

gallery_104643_14896_19026.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
As the B&C has been down for a couple of weeks, we will be extending the deadline for Knightfall until the end of November. That we may fulfill our vows and bring even more forces to bear upon the many perils that plague the Imperium.

Here we go. I'll split this for the sake of clarity, since I want to be appreciative of TheOneTrueZon allowing us to count models we would have submitted during the downtime. 

The High Marshal is complete- edited original post to state points. Got to try a few new techniques out on him, and had a blast with the detailing all over this model. I *actually* tried some edge and point highlights, and even got to see him lead a battle against the T'au menace after completion. Unfortunately, the cowardly Xenos ran away, so his only kills were through his Combi-melta.

hMNaMtP

hs6eUcX

XTQhLTn

And my followup vow, to be shared afterwards: a Primaris Castellan attached to this crusade for reintegration into the modern Templars after selection for the Legion and millenia in stasis. 74 pts.

BQISO6Y

Second vow completed during downtime as well. 
Primaris Castelllan with power sword, 74 points.

He bears the relics of fallen sword brethren upon his shoulders, guiding his zeal, and his crusade badge upon his leg plate.

JMStDcB

eBABBXk

9anAnxl

He was a joy to paint, honestly. Having those mm of extra space due to the larger scale helped me incredibly, and I even continued with edge highlighting on his armour. 

He is my first transfer attempt (shoulder) and I may save those for any future Primaris exclusively. I can't lie, I was especially pleased that his pistol holster was actually empty to reflect him holding it. Most of the older bits unavoidably had a handle sticking out- it's the little things.

I, Mordian Glory, hereby vow the following force of an Ironclad Dreadnought to the Eternal Crusade before the Night of the Witch!  I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order.  Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

Points: 170 Ironclad with 2 Hunter-killers, Ironclad Assault Launchers, Melta gun, Hurricane Bolter and Dreadnought Chainfist

5ArayWQ.jpg

++VOWS UPDATED TO THIS POINT++

sWesyUT.png

- PLEASE READ ORIGINAL THREAD FOR DEADLINE UPDATE -

Great work over the break my Brethren! Let's keep it up, great to see lots of second vows. I hope to have mine completed this weekend and my second vow started before the end of the month. 

I, Othniel's Blade, hereby vow the following force of 1x Emperor's Champion (75 pts) to the Eternal Crusade before the end of November!  I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order.  Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

EC

I, Marshal Vespasian, hereby vow the following force of 2x Rhino APCs to the Eternal Crusade before the end of November! I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order. Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

med_gallery_57472_14833_105074.jpg

Vow Complete!

The Emperor's Champion strides forth in faith and wrath, insulted by the abominations daring to stand against the Imperium.

received 560637847726305

received 280845765867461

received 256157218292845

received 242881033054610

received 268801140434554

His original blade cracked off during the build, but a friend of mine lent me a few extras he had around, which conveniently enough lined up just right. I tried to paint the Black Sword in a total  inverse to normal power swords, by first giving a dulled grey/leadbelcher mix, then freehanding the engravings in white, then washing 3-4 times in nuln, followed by edge 'lowlights' of black. Freehanding 'Imperator Rex' was tricky enough, and I didn't trust myself to fit 'Dei Castigator', so this Crusade's black sword carries 'Peregrinus' as befits their heritage. The raised guard beyond the hilt I painted to match Helbrecht's, and tied the Crusade's green into a wrapped spiral with the leather on the hilt. 
The winged shoulder was tough to decide on, as I didn't want it to be a blatant solid and throw off the mini, so I did a sort of 'hidden' quartering behind the wings.

Archived