Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

++ Knightfall 2018 ++

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

Cognative

Cognative

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 199 posts
  • Faction: Black Templar
I, Cognative, hereby vow the following force of One Chapter Champion with Thunder Hammer and Champions Blade to the Eternal Crusade before the end of November! I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order. Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

Spoiler

• Othniel's Blade, TheOneTrueZon, CaptnRussia and 3 others like this

gallery_38474_6916_12161.jpg

TheOneTrueZon

TheOneTrueZon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 784 posts
  • Faction: Silent Sword Crusade

Oh yes, now THAT is a very well executed mashup. Well done!

• Cognative likes this

"My blood is the same colour as yours. And what I do, I do to protect Earth, same as you. You don't like how I do it, that's your prerogative. But there are things going on out there that you know nothing about. Threats to the human race that no one never hears about, because we stopped them. There are dangers all around us. And whether you like us or not, we may be all that stands between you and the abyss."
- Bester, Babylon 5

http://www.bolterand...-sword-crusade/

http://www.bolterand...age-of-silvana/

http://www.bolterand...primal-marines/

ETL_VI_Banner_ETL_VI_Magister_Faction_As ETL_VI_Badge_Artisan.jpg ijLM8FY.jpg

falcongek

falcongek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars, Steel legion

nice champion!

ETL VI Banner ETL VI Magister Faction Astartes

Brother Adelard

Brother Adelard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 658 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
A more recent WIP, I've still a lot to do, but less ahead than behind.

IMG 20181011 214853

• CaptnRussia and Apocalypton like this

O787td6.jpggallery_38474_6916_6036.jpg

Cognative

Cognative

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 199 posts
Vow Complete!

Spoiler

I'm not sold on the falchion as the Champions Blade, I may redo it as a knife on the small of his back. And I just noticed I have to come up with a name for him to put on his Pauldron scroll.

Microset is amazing for decals, and micron pens make free hands so much easier
  • Othniel's Blade, TheOneTrueZon, CaptnRussia and 1 other like this

Margulix

Margulix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 136 posts

I, Marshall Margulix, hereby vow the following force of 2 Vanguard Sword Bretheren Squads (with jump packs, relic blades and thunder hammers) to the Eternal Crusade before the end of November!  I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order.  Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance

eW-jjIEFDq8.jpg

These guys were waiting for their paint to be done for a long time. 

• Firepower, CaptnRussia and Apocalypton like this

+++ No Pity. No Mercy. No Remorse. +++

ijLM8FY.jpg
gallery_62972_14467_11427.jpg
gallery_62972_14467_1801.jpggallery_62972_14467_2662.jpggallery_62972_14467_2662.jpggallery_62972_14467_2662.jpggallery_62972_14467_2662.jpggallery_62972_14467_2662.jpggallery_62972_14467_2662.jpggallery_62972_14467_4611.jpg

Apocalypton

Apocalypton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 31 posts

Vow 2 Complete!

gallery_104643_14896_59191.jpg

gallery_104643_14896_638.jpg

• Margulix, Honda, Kisada and 6 others like this

ijLM8FY.jpgETL_VI_Banner_ETL_VI_Magister_Faction_As

Marshal Vespasian

Marshal Vespasian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 182 posts
Stunning squad.
I love the robed squad leader.
  • Apocalypton likes this

But viciousness and glory were no longer enough. Killing enemies in battle was no longer enough. I wanted to fight the Eternal Crusade. I wanted to win the war.

- Reclusiarch Grimaldus

ijLM8FY.jpg

Brother Adelard

Brother Adelard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 658 posts
They are brilliant.

Although, I always worry about assault marines with tabards. I saw the Incredibles.

NO CAPES!

Edited by Brother Adelard, 16 October 2018 - 08:19 PM.

• Honda, templargdt and Apocalypton like this

Brother Adelard

Brother Adelard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 658 posts

Success Brothers! Vow completed!

We welcome Venerable Ancient Silvestre to the crusade, entombed in his revered relic contemptor pattern plate!

Silvestre

Edited by Brother Adelard, 17 October 2018 - 06:45 PM.

• Margulix, Honda, Kisada and 5 others like this

Cognative

Cognative

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 199 posts
Vow 2

I, Cognative, hereby vow the following force of One Cataphractii Captain with Relic Blade and Storm Shield to the Eternal Crusade before the end of November! I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order. Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

Spoiler

• TheOneTrueZon and CaptnRussia like this

TheOneTrueZon

TheOneTrueZon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 784 posts
  • Faction: Silent Sword Crusade

Love seeing all the Elites. Our armies need good leadership!

Keep up the outstanding work everyone, really glad we're getting some great vows in to inspire anyone else who wishes to join in the coming month. Remember Brethren, you have until November to vow and complete something. 

I'M LOOKING AT YOU HONDA AND THAT AWESOME KILL TEAM. 

• Honda, Cognative, Othniel's Blade and 3 others like this

"My blood is the same colour as yours. And what I do, I do to protect Earth, same as you. You don't like how I do it, that's your prerogative. But there are things going on out there that you know nothing about. Threats to the human race that no one never hears about, because we stopped them. There are dangers all around us. And whether you like us or not, we may be all that stands between you and the abyss."
- Bester, Babylon 5

http://www.bolterand...-sword-crusade/

http://www.bolterand...age-of-silvana/

http://www.bolterand...primal-marines/

ETL_VI_Banner_ETL_VI_Magister_Faction_As ETL_VI_Badge_Artisan.jpg ijLM8FY.jpg

Cognative

Cognative

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 199 posts

Love seeing all the Elites. Our armies need good leadership!

For me it's more because most of my infantry is too far along to be entered. But that's okay, I've got a lot of Characters who need the love!

Cognative

Cognative

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 199 posts
Vow 2 Complete - Cataphractii Captain with Relic Blade and Storm Shield - 162 Points

Spoiler

So as I was painting this bad boy I remembered how much I hate exposed heads on Marines. Snipping the normal head out was easy, but boy did the replacement helm not fit. I had to do tons of trimming (it's only about a third of a helm at this point) to get it to fit and it looks.... Okay.

Trying to find my vehicle transfers to put a large cross on his back cape.

And Zon, my last guy was a Chapter Champion, not Emps Champ, worth 81 points. Sorry for not listing the point before!
  • TheOneTrueZon and CaptnRussia like this

Hawklynn

Hawklynn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 269 posts

Cognative,

Your whites are amazing.

Black Templars: 1-1-1 

"So stuff like the Power Axe on the Sword Brother being overcosted and inefficient just isn't relevant to me!
What matters is that it's an angry Space Knight wielding a Big censored.gif Axe!" - HighMarshalAmp

"They killed Fritz!"

ETL_Medal_06.gif ETL_VI_Banner_02_Oathbraker_.jpg

Cognative

Cognative

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 199 posts

Cognative,

Your whites are amazing.

I have a terrible secret. I use the Citadel Airbrush White Scar, and seriously anything with raised edges you can just glob it in. This is done in one coat. It will fill out to all the edges, then you just kind of gloop more on until you can't see through it and it'll spread out evenly on its own.
  • Othniel's Blade and Hawklynn like this

Cognative

Cognative

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 199 posts
Vow 3

I, Cognative, hereby vow the following force of One Captain with Power Sword and Storm Bolter worth 80 points to the Eternal Crusade before the end of November! I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order. Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

Spoiler

Old school metal Captain with a few plastic upgrades. Will drill storm Bolter barrels before painting.
  • Honda, TheOneTrueZon and CaptnRussia like this

Margulix

Margulix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 136 posts

And my vow is completed.

7R6QN8hWrnc.jpg

hxgUXohUAK8.jpg

The 2 Black Templar Space Boarding Squads, made of Sword Bretheren. You better be careful if these guys board your ship, xenos and heretics.

Pts Value -  (190pts) x2

This event is so inspiring, i thought of a few models i want to paint for it too. Too bad my black tide is still in process and i'm waiting parts for neophyte units.

Edited by Margulix, 18 October 2018 - 06:13 AM.

• Honda, Firepower, templargdt and 5 others like this

ijLM8FY.jpg
gallery_62972_14467_1801.jpggallery_62972_14467_2662.jpggallery_62972_14467_2662.jpggallery_62972_14467_2662.jpggallery_62972_14467_2662.jpggallery_62972_14467_2662.jpggallery_62972_14467_2662.jpggallery_62972_14467_4611.jpg

Kisada

Kisada

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 904 posts

Darn ... I've been on a bit of an Imperial Fist hobby push ... should have checked the BnC for events before starting ... only thing I had already started that would have qualified was a contemptor but still lol ..

I'm gonna look at my back log and see what I can throw in and get done by the deadline

Edit: awww man! I saw that rhinos are also included ... almost done with 2 lol

That's what I deserve for being away for so long

Edited by Kisada, 18 October 2018 - 07:18 AM.

• Honda and CaptnRussia like this
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
QUOTE (Nobu @ Feb 1 2012, 01:38 AM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=2982745]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]
We'll crusade them so hard they'll die to death.

[img=http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_VI_Banner_02_Oathbraker_.jpg][img=http://image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_6916/gallery_38474_6916_6036.jpg][img=http://image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_12908/gallery_45765_12908_58195.png][img=http://i.imgur.com/CdLHFYf.jpg][img=http://image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_11559/gallery_45765_11559_3638.png]

Othniel's Blade

Othniel's Blade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 334 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars; Ravenwing

And my vow is completed.

The 2 Black Templar Space Boarding Squads, made of Sword Bretheren. You better be careful if these guys board your ship, xenos and heretics.

Pts Value -  (190pts) x2

*snipped*

Cussity cuss cuss those are gorgeous. jawdrop.gif

• Margulix likes this
bRbhJY6.gifgallery_38474_6916_3702.jpg
ijLM8FY.jpg

Othniel's Blade

Othniel's Blade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 334 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars; Ravenwing

@Margulix do you have a picture of their weapon arms/pauldron? The detail looks cool but I can't quite make it out.

I'll be vowing a fourth character either tonight or tomorrow, just need to decide on a head and shield arm. Unfortunately most of my other units/troops already have 2 or more colours blocked out, but painting these one-offs has been a huge inspiration and etude of sorts in technique.

Edited by Othniel's Blade, 18 October 2018 - 02:43 PM.

• Cognative likes this
bRbhJY6.gifgallery_38474_6916_3702.jpg
ijLM8FY.jpg

Apocalypton

Apocalypton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 31 posts

I, Apocalypton, hereby vow the following force of a Marshal with Jump Pack, Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield to the Eternal Crusade before the Night of the Witch!  I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order. Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

(A little trimming required on the shield as well!)

gallery_104643_14896_56905.jpg

• Honda, Cognative, Othniel's Blade and 2 others like this

ijLM8FY.jpgETL_VI_Banner_ETL_VI_Magister_Faction_As

Honda

Honda

++ HOSTICUS PLAUSTRUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,353 posts
I'M LOOKING AT YOU HONDA AND THAT AWESOME KILL TEAM.

NONE MAY WITHSTAND THE POWER OF RED.

Ok, I guess I'm doing this.

I Honda, a knight of Dorn commit to painting my Kill Team of Giants that I may unleash their holy wrath upon the weak, the faithless and the alien before the end of November.. My team shall consist of two initiates with a chainsword and bolt pistol (Tanna and Yael), a sword brethren with a power sword and bolt pistol (Atticus Varda), and two initiates with bolters (Bracha and Issur).

Until the end.. 

• Margulix, Firepower, templargdt and 4 others like this

gallery_15184_7227_34669.jpg

"All those rumors about us being intolerant and stubborn really just evolved from our history. We're actually just a fun bunch of guys who enjoy burning witches" - Anon

Margulix

Margulix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 136 posts

Another vow!

I, Marshall Margulix, hereby vow the following force of 1 Castellan (with jump pack and thunder hammer) to the Eternal Crusade before the end of November!  I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order.  Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance

MSwmEnfxdx8.jpg

I'll recolor his legs too, they are now from an old model.

@Othniel's Blade i'll make them on weekends)

Edited by Margulix, 19 October 2018 - 08:40 AM.

• Honda, Othniel's Blade, TheOneTrueZon and 1 other like this

ijLM8FY.jpg

allegedlynerdy

allegedlynerdy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 170 posts
I, allegedlynerdy, hereby vow the following force of 1x Emperor's Champion (75 pts) to the Eternal Crusade before the end of November! I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order. Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

73o3gUt.jpg

Edited by allegedlynerdy, 19 October 2018 - 02:46 PM.

• Honda, Othniel's Blade, TheOneTrueZon and 1 other like this
My Armies:Black Templars Arkanna Crusade-WIP 2000 pts 27.12.17

Arkannian Survivors-Astra Militarum Army-On the Shelf ~4000 pts 12.10.17 <p>

ijLM8FY.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users