++ Knightfall 2018 ++

TheOneTrueZon

Vow Complete!

vuk17Cj.jpg

I, allegedlynerdy, vow the following force of one Chaplain with Power Pistol 79 points, to the Eternal Crusade by the end of November. I enter with the mark of the neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true Brethren of the Black Templar Order. Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

FsrqiNG.jpg

Vow complete

I was away for a bit after having changed jobs and spending well over a month getting everything settled and I am blown away by the resurgence in the last month of vows made and vows completed. I thought the site being down would have deterred or driven away those that had been on the fence and I couldn't be happier to be wrong. That being said I have waited entirely too long to finish up my vow so here are my neophytes and the Land Raider I promised well over a month and a half ago.

Thank you brothers for your inspiration and dedication as it helped me to stay diligent in my own efforts!

https://imgur.com/a/kKdDouH

Now that we have extended the deadline I feel like adding a larger vow than what I had originally planned!

I, CaptnRussia, hereby vow the following force of:

Black Templars: 563 pts

• Primaris Captain armed with power sword and master-crafted auto bolt rifle - 95 pts
  • Lieutenant armed with jump pack, chainsword(glaive in his right hand), and master-crafted bolt gun - 81 pts
  • Crusader Squad armed with 6 bolter Initiates and one Sword Brother with chainsword and bolt pistol - 91 pts
  • Assault Squad armed with 2 plasma pistols and chainsword Initiates, 7 bolt pistol and chainsword Initiates, and a Sword Brother with plasma pistol and power fist - 193 pts
  • Assault Squad armed with 5 bolt pistol and chainsword Initiates and a Sword Brother with plasma pistol and chainsword - 103 pts
Imperial Fists: 74 pts
  • Primaris Lieutenant armed with master-crafted auto bolt rifle - 74 pts
Crimson Fists: 251 pts
  • Captain armed with master-crafted boltgun and power fist - 89 pts
  • Captain armed with storm bolter and power fist - 87 pts
  • Primaris Lieutenant armed with master-crafted stalker bolt rifle - 75 pts
to the Eternal Crusade before the end of November! I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order. Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

I included the Imperial Fists and Crimson Fists as part of my vow in the hopes that while less forward in their aggression I might be able to contribute some models I have created in the spirit of a Last Wall themed army. If I need to pair the vow down to only the Templars simply let me know Brother Zon! Also if anyone has good sources or ideas for adding patrol sized detachments of Imperial Fist successors of your own creation or cannon let me know, you can never have enough sons of Dorn!

pics for vowed models

https://imgur.com/a/BFVKojb

edit: Does anyone know why the site would be saying that I can't create spoiler tags for images?

edit 2: fixed one CF Captain not being vowed with his actual wargear, points have been changed accordingly.

We are crusading hard here people. We've got some amazing work getting cranked out here, keep up the good work and high spirits as we charge into the holiday season!

I'm putting the last bit of detail on my vow and am contemplating what I will do in November. So many options. 

Vow complete! The Rhinos Odium and Pilum stand ready to deliver swift justice in the form of power armoured crusaders to the enemies of mankind:

m5WlNM8.jpg

vPyfb8g.jpg

And for my next vow:

I, Marshal Vespasian, vow the following force of one Marshal with Thunderhammer, Stormshield and Jump Pack and three Bikes with 2 Meltaguns and one Combimelta, to the Eternal Crusade by the end of November. I enter with the mark of the neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true Brethren of the Black Templar Order. Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

BoiQ6HX.jpg

I, Marshall Margulix, hereby vow the following force of 5 Neophytes (with ccw) to the Eternal Crusade before the end of November!  I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order.  Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance!

qnxk18vxtdE.jpg

I, Marshall Heber, hereby vow the following force of 5 Primaris Reivers with Combat Blade, Heavy Bolt Pistol and Grav Chutes (100pts) to the Eternal Crusade before the end of November! I enter with the mark of Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order. Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

http://i64.tinypic.com/acwxma.jpg

Please ignore the two rhinos in the background

Vow 4

I, Cognative, hereby vow the following force of One Captain in Terminator Armor with Storm Shield and Thunder Hammer worth 141 points to the Eternal Crusade before the end of November! I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order. Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

met0ezy.jpg

Hey guys, need some help.  My vow is complete except the Crosses on the model's shoulder armor.  I've tried using the transfers I have and I can't get them to lay flat on the curved shoulder pads.  I really do not want to try and free hand twenty crosses.  Any advice?  Thanks.

On a side note, I tried using the basing paints with some basing materials, and then drybrushing for the bases.  I'm really happy with the results.  The texture paints are pretty great if you haven't tried them (my other army I based using GF9 basing materials.)

Hey guys, need some help. My vow is complete except the Crosses on the model's shoulder armor. I've tried using the transfers I have and I can't get them to lay flat on the curved shoulder pads. I really do not want to try and free hand twenty crosses. Any advice? Thanks.

On a side note, I tried using the basing paints with some basing materials, and then drybrushing for the bases. I'm really happy with the results. The texture paints are pretty great if you haven't tried them (my other army I based using GF9 basing materials.)

Look into a product called Micro Set and Micro Sol. They basically melt the transfer sheets to make them more plyable to lay flat on curved surfaces.

Hey guys, need some help. My vow is complete except the Crosses on the model's shoulder armor. I've tried using the transfers I have and I can't get them to lay flat on the curved shoulder pads. I really do not want to try and free hand twenty crosses. Any advice? Thanks.

On a side note, I tried using the basing paints with some basing materials, and then drybrushing for the bases. I'm really happy with the results. The texture paints are pretty great if you haven't tried them (my other army I based using GF9 basing materials.)

Look into a product called Micro Set and Micro Sol. They basically melt the transfer sheets to make them more plyable to lay flat on curved surfaces.

OK, I'll take a look.  Thanks!

OK, I'll take a look. Thanks!

They definitely help, takes me a few applications of micro sol to get them to soften enough to conform to the curve of the shoulder pad. Giving the area a coat of gloss varnish before applying the decal and after it has set will help prevent silvering and give the painted on look

I, Marshall Margulix, hereby vow the following force of 5 Neophytes (with shotguns) to the Eternal Crusade before the end of November!  I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order.  Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance!

KaBN4mYkthk.jpg

Vow complete!

http://i67.tinypic.com/710a6u.jpg

Generally pleased with how they turned out, happy with the glowing eyes on the two helmeted guys. Unfortunately the fella at the back right had a mishap, lesson learned, if you think something is too far away too catch overspray from the airbrush, it isn't.

Ok, second vow!

I, Marshall Heber, hereby vow the following force of The Emperor's Champion (75pts) to the Eternal Crusade before the end of November! I enter with the mark of Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order. Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

http://i64.tinypic.com/11t9y01.jpg

A full day to myself which is rarer than mythical horned pony faeces, though apparently mine and my wifes definitions of "a productive day" differ greatly.

The sword, I'm not convinced. Turned out better than I expected but not quite what I saw in my head somehow

Vow complete:

Bikes:

Wr2fC03.jpg

Marshal:

xLSqDoA.jpg

Next up will be my first set of Primaris. Pictures and vow to follow.

I, Marshal Vespasian, vow the following force of one Squad of Primaris Intercessors, to the Eternal Crusade by the end of November. I enter with the mark of the neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true Brethren of the Black Templar Order. Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

JnA2XUD.jpg

Archived