++ Knightfall 2018 ++

TheOneTrueZon

I, Othniel's Blade, hereby vow the following force of 1 Marshal bearing a Jump Pack, Thunder Hammer, and Storm Shield (129 points) to the Eternal Crusade before the end of November! I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order. Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

20181101 210347 (1)

I, Marshall Margulix, hereby vow the following force of 5 Crusaders (with botlers, plasma and lascannon) to the Eternal Crusade before the end of November!  I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order.  Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance!

SbrMq-Vphaw.jpg

Vow Complete, expect for the crosses on the shoulder pads.  I've ordered crosses from Shapeways and will spray paint and attach them.

I have to say I'm really disappointed about the transfer issue I've had, and I appreciate the offered tips.  I have attempted multiple techniques and tools for the transfers and all of the transfers have fallen apart as soon as I applied them.  Considering some of them are 10 years old at this point, I guess it's too much to hope for that they remain usable. 

That said, I'm incredibly pleased with how the Chaplain Dreadnought has turned out, I think it's one of the best pieces I've ever done.  The transfers still worked fine on the flat surface of his armor, which is simultaneously very nice and infuriating. 

Oddly, one of my favorite parts of this project has been trying the the citadel basing paints.  Using them and dry brushing on top, along with some yard rocks, I think looks really great.  If I had time I would redo the basing of my Blood Ravens with it.  If citadel ever comes out with a 'grassy field' texture paint I'll buy a pile of it and just paint it on top of my aleady based models.

Anyway, I've wanted to do a Black Templars army for many years, and this was a great way to get started.  If I had more time I would do a second vow, but realistically there is no way I'd finish on time and I would hate to have to bear the mark of failure.  I hope the forum does something like this again soon.  

God Bless you guys, good luck on the rest of the vows.  I look forward to watching the completion of the event.

EDIT: Apparently I can no longer post photos from photobucket?  Help?
EDIT 2: I can't make it work perfectly, but here are some images.

[img]https://beta.photobucket.com/u/templargdt/p/a66275b0-7b80-4646-956e-4e96503ce4ce]a66275b0-7b80-4646-956e-4e96503ce4ce-ori[/img]

83f86973-22db-4a4a-a51f-198b11507191-ori
"/>

The last couple weeks are upon us Brethren! Lots of great vows and work, but there is still much to be done. 

I just have to get a decent picture of my vow as my macro lens has been out of action. I will suffer no potato pics upon myself.

In that case....

Next vow:

I, Marshal Vespasian, hereby vow the following force of 4 melee crusaders and a sword brother with two Power swords and a Flame thrower to the Eternal Crusade before the end of November! I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order. Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

gallery_57472_14833_913604.jpg

Vow 4: I, Apocalypton, hereby vow the following force of a 5 Tartaros Terminators (3 Combi+PF, 1 Reaper Autocannon+PF, Sgt w/ Plasma Blaster+PS) to the Eternal Crusade before the Night of the Witch! I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order. Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

gallery_104643_14320_193183.jpg

I've been umming and arring about the time available, but I thought I would have one more vow:

I, Brother Adelard, Champion of Knightfall II, hereby vow the following force of Reclusiarch Merek Grimaldus to the Eternal Crusade before the (postponed) Night of the Witch! I enter with the mark of the Initiate, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order. Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance!

IMG 20181017 170012

(Note: I'm not expecting wonders from this model, I bought him off ebay and noticed after the first undercoat that he has at some point been seriously mistreated. The head is a little mushed(?) and there was some damage done to his belt buckle which I can't repair. However, it would be a shame to not let him have his chance to see some action. (Also, it's been a few centuries since Helsreach by now, so the guy's entitled to looking a bit beaten up!)

Vow complete! My as-yet-unnamed Marshal is ready to lead his crusade - he did already assist in the defense of an old Chapter Keep from a T'au incursion, where he held off a Riptide and accompanying shield drones singlehandedly before the game ended prematurely. (12-11 loss for the Templars; but another turn would have brought the EC into the rear of the Riptide to wreak havoc.) Unfortunately, the cowardly T'au used Shield Drones to bubble-wrap the Marshal and cushion his blows, but the last Assault Phase brought a crushing death to all but one Drone who luckily rolled a 6 for his invul.

I tried to imitate some painted battle damage, as well as show the Knightly theme of the Chapter through a freehanded tabard and shield cover. The tabard bears the Chapter's cross as well as the Legion Emblem. His personal heraldry is borne on his Shield, submitted under his duty to Sigismund and his brethren.

I hope he appears as imposing as I hoped to make him.

20181121 192004~2

20181121 192038~2

Other angles and WIP shots

20181121 191925~2

20181121 191932 1

20181121 191919 1

received 2150062758581737

received 2081285938852112

received 342813616476983

received 583738655379018

Greetings Brothers,

I have been very busy crusading have made little progress on my vow, I have only managed to base coat my dreadnought.

However, I will be setting aside some time this weekend to really focus on getting some hobby done, hopefully in a fit of ZEAL I will complete my vow. 

and yet I'm stuck on those mag pouches... Gah

If you are referring to the fact that they are upside down, yes, I am aware of that. I honestly fiddled with them while  building because it just didn't click with me how they should go...until they were basecoated. For some reason, I did not see the buckle, just the strap. Then suddenly the fact that they were wrong hit me like a 2x4 across the forehead.

At that point, I just reconciled myself to the fact that I was too far into the exercise to yank them off, so this crusade would start using the newly discovered STC design featuring "fast loading" mag containers Mk. II.

Yeah, I wasn't happy when I figured it out. Not one bit.

Archived