++ Knightfall 2018 ++

TheOneTrueZon

I, Brother Christopher, hereby vow the following force of 3 Sword Brethren (one with bolter, one with thunder hammer and storm shield, one with power sword and plasma pistol) to the Eternal Crusade before the end of November! I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order. Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

z76zPFs.jpg

For over a month now, I'm postponing my participation in this event. This cannot last longer! Three Marines isn't much in the great scheme, but with my poor motivation and how busy life is at the moment, this is going to be a challenge nonetheless.

I hope that this token contribution will not be taken as an insult by any of you. However, I feel that I have to participate in some measure in this event and in the life of our great Black Templar community... and this is all I can realistically hope to finish before the end of the week.

Three Marines in two days. This is proper speed painting, at least by my standards.At this rate, I could have the entire crusade painted by spring next year. These three guys took a good chunk of my sick leave to finish, but here they are:

TdEecal.jpg

More photos:

aTfqH6v.jpg

jCNrPu9.jpg

9pHtxMA.jpg

U6xFU5T.jpg

I3Fkk0r.jpg

FTXvBUv.jpg

eRphJ7X.jpg

DvD6i86.jpg

Vow 2 complete after the single most obnoxious month in existence! I had to paint 20 Templars in one week, madness! I also didn't have time to originally post my battle report for my first vowed models that I played in an Apocalypse game on the 26th and 27th of October so I'll put that below but anyway here is my completed second vow and a battle report to accompany it.

Vow 2 completion picture

RMIkDyD.jpg

Disclaimer about both of these reports, I have literally no time right now due to a ton of real life stuff going on so my sincerest apologies that these battlereports are not very well done.

Vow 1 battlereport and accompanying picture of my vowed force in game, the neophytes are around that white building in another squad

HvuStIu.jpg

Apocalypse Game 10/26/18-10/27/18

Imperial and Tau battle forces muster to counter a growing Xenos and Chaos threat in a far flung stretch of the Ghoul Stars. The planet that was beset by both chaotic forces and the massed assault of a hive fleet splinter of tyranids was defended by Black Templars, Grey Knights, Adeptus Custodes, a Knight Household consisting of 2 armiger warglaives, a Crusader Pattern Knight, and a Knight Porphryion. Much to the chagrin of the Templars we were required to ally with the foul Tau xenos to help repel this abhorrent invasion! A crusade has already been declared against the Tau post invasion and vengeance will be exacted, swiftly and painfully.

The great host of abominable traitors and abhorrent tyranids is nothing of particular note save for the presence of a Daemonic Reiver Battle Titan that bestrides the invading force. The varied host of xenos, demons and traitors are quick to take advantage of such a colossal weapon and begin the game with first turn.

The Black Templars, led by their Marshal Heinrich, deploy with their heavy armor and assault forces comprising Land Raider of the Godhammer and Crusade pattern, Crusader Squads and accompanying neophytes, Terminator Sword Brethren, Vanguard Sword Brethren, Predator Annihilator, Grimaldus Hero of Helsreach, and High Marshal Helbrecht. The Imperial Fists providing covering fire to stem the abhorrent tide of mutatnts and Tyranids that sought to silence the might of the Imperium. A small host of 5th company devastators equipped with heavy bolters hunker down near the Templars to devastate the immense tidal wave of Tyranids dominating the left half of the engagement zone.

First Turn

Attackers: After 6 hours (not joking) of moving into position nothing happens aside from predictably losing our Knight Poryphrion to the enemy God-Machine. Tau advance forces were decimated by Genestealers and 5 Grey Knight brothers were lost to foul xeno treachery in that engagement.

Defenders: Black Templars begin a desperate redeployment of all available forces to smite the hated foes of the Imperium in their blasphemous defiance of mankind’s manifest destiny in this galaxy. The Land Raiders allow their occupants to leave and begin a rapid press towards the foes forces for the Black Templars will show these disgusting abominations the meaning of suffer not the unclean to live. A strike force of Marshal, Chaplain, Vanguard and Terminator Sword brethren wait in their battle-barge to strike at the heretical Ahriman who has appeared to lead the rag tag chaos hordes. Vengeance shall be ours and this planet will be cleansed of heretical and xenos taint. May the Emperor continue to favor his loyal followers.

Second Turn:

Attackers: WHERE IN DORN’S NAME DID THEY GET THAT MANY EMPEROR CURSED GENESTEALERS. So movement phase two saw the deployment of all reserves from the Tyranids which meant anything they hadn’t had time to deploy was brought on. I’m fairly certain at least 7 hive tyrants (not to mention various other flying xeons) and 1 metric ton of genestealers were brought on the left side of the board and my firepower was nowhere near there! A ton of shooting is conducted and charges declared and we actually aren’t doing all that badly despite the Reiver deleting 3 more units from our side. So far Templars are at 0 losses.

Defenders: Continuing the redeployment of my Land Raiders and available firepower to stem the tide of Tyranids pouring over the left half of the board sees me prepare to engage with a swarmlord and several dozen other Tyranid breed xenos. We continue to use our remaining heavy weaponry to smith the enemies blasphemous forces and we hear little of the engagements on the right half of the board. My Marshal Heinrich, Chaplain Molrich, Terminator Sword Brethren, and Vanguard Sword Brethren exploit a gap in the enemy’s rear guard to assault the exposed flank of Arch-Thousand Sons traitor Ahriman and prepared to wipe the traitorous swine from the face of the planet. We consolidate our Tau ally’s forces on the right half of the board to stave off the Tyranid assault and begin to stabilize after the initial assault.

Third Turn-Things go very poorly

Attackers: More of the same, we get shot by some heavy guns, have decent luck saving against the battery (though we lose our Banehammer), and continue to prepare for the counter assault. Little did we realize that the ruinous powers opposite our Tau allies on the right half of the board were being corrupted.

Defenders: SURPRISE, YOU SHOULD NEVER TRUST THE FOUL XENOS FOR THEY WILL BETRAY YOU THE MOMENT YOU TURN YOUR BACK. THE IMPERIUM WILL BE AVENGED OF THESE FOUL TRAITOR TAU. Except the guy that deployed by our guard because he fought hard and to the end, he’s cool. So we were betrayed and we half-heartedly played out this last half turn. My Emperor’s Champion did slay the Swarmlord and died gloriously and the unremittent torrent of bolter fire finally began to thin the Tyranids down. To be honest it was a rather disappointing development as I had truly wished to keep playing but we were running short on time anyway. Next time the Black Templars are going directly after the Tau, no questions asked and no challenge left unanswered.

Vow 2 Battlereport and accompanying pictures

hNcYJv2.jpg

k3lA7sX.jpg

Battle Report 2 11/29/18

Salamanders VS. Black Templar

So I took my force that I vowed for my second vow which consisted of a Black Templar: Primaris Captain, Jump Lieutenant, Crusader Squad, 3 Assault Squads(one wasn’t vowed but I wanted to deepstrike a lot of things) as well as an IF Primaris Lieutenants and CF Primaris Lieutenant and 2 Captains.

She brought Pellas Mir’san(converted captain with two swords), Vulkan He’stan, a tactical squad with flamers, a sternguard squad with flamers, a multi-melta dev squad and an ironclad dreadnought armed with fist and hammer

I setup first and got to go first so I advanced my Crusader squad to position and block for my characters, my two Primaris lieutenants moved up and laid some fire down range. My sister retaliated to my minor attacks by roasting both Primaris lieutenants via melta and got her flamers into range. Turn 2 I brought the reinforcements in killed more of her Devastator squad with gunfire and made a charge on them with the rest of my force holding back to prepare for the next turn’s assault. So I forgot flamers were assault and after not killing much of her devastator squad I was roasted alive and was now on the back foot with a lot of nasty stuff breathing down my neck. Thankfully my turn rolls around again and I get the rest of my guys stuck in to assaults and do some damage to Pellas, her sternguard and her devastators. I don’t last out through the next couple turns but drop her low to. All in all a pretty ok game considering the force I was working with.

Additionally thanks to everyone who has continually inspired me to keep making vows and keep trying to push myself harder in my painting efforts and modelling efforts. You guys are an absolute inspiration. Cognative, I did not fail us brother!

I'm running late but have not forgotten my latest vow! My Terminator Captain WILL be finished tonight, in the name of Sigismund the First, The Primarch-Progenitor Dorn, and He on Terra!

I shall hold you to that, brother!!

Great work Brother.

Love the pose of the marine with the hammer especially.

Plasma and sword is looking great as well

Thank you for the kind words. They are very appreciated since recently I'm struggling to find any motivation to work on my miniatures. Add the hustle and bustle of everyday life and I ended up with pledging only 3 models to this amazing community event.

Whoa.

With a final push of ZEAL my vow is done,  to a table top standard. With 30 mins to spare before the hour of the which (at least in CET)

I need to do the shoulder crosses, but my decals have gone awol.

Group shot:

SAM 4694

Initiates with sculpted tabards and purity seals

SAM 4703

SAM 4701

Neophytes with sculpted tabard and purity seals

SAM 4696

SAM 4700

Good luck with all who need to finish their entry and need that extra zeal.

Truly Sigismund and Dorn smile down upon us for the honor we have brought to  our chapter. Well done brothers, each and everyone!

And thank you TheOneTrueZon for daring me to participate.

May the Emperor continue to bless red text!

3 hours to go. I'm on Pacific Standard in the US so anyone who's on their last wing and a prayer, I have faith!

It was a pleasure to host Knightfall this year, and we had an amazing set of work to show for it.

I'll tally everything up once midnight strikes.

But more importantly, keep painting, playing, and sharing your work!

Archived