Primaris: starting to assemble the miniatures

BolterZorro

I don't see any dedicated close combat unit except the dread in the primaris range....

Because there's none. The Dreadnought is not a dedicated melee unit either.

The closest you come to a dedicated melee unit for Primaris currently is with Reivers but those are only capable to act as bully unit against Guardsmen and such.

There are also Aggressors with their powerfists but calling them a dedicated melee unit is almost insulting considering their high ranged damage output and their only okay-ish damage output in melee due only two attacks hitting on 4+ per model.

Thx. After some reading, I'm closer to what I'll do: I'll go the Raven Guard route.

Alpha strike hellblasters or agressors or both followed by a repulsor full of agresors. The rest of troops take / lock the center of the table. 

Maybe later I'll take a second repulsor and /or some reiver (to lock even more some positions) 

About the repulsor: I have some issue about the cost. 

1. whith all optimised weapons, what should be its cost?

2. according to its stats, do I HAVE to equip it or may I only equip it of what I need? (making it cheaper )?

I think the absolute cheapest you can make the repulsor is 274/276/278....something like that.  And it can go up to about 320. I always "block in" 300 pts for it whenever I'm considering using it and making quick army list in my head.

283p for the cheapest loadout and up to 348p for the most expensive loadout. The loadout used by most clocks in at 344p with Twin lascannon, Las-talon and Onslaught gatling cannon (plus all the small stuff).

I have often ran two with the loadout sfPanzer described. I've had them transport various units depending on the enemy, including aggressors with a gravis captain vs knights where said unit jumped out and finished a knight off in melee. Often it's probably best to put intercessors in one to get them closer to up field objectives. A lot of people seem toblike putting hellblasters in then but I've always felt that's a waste of their long range and also too many eggs in one basket for a primaris army

yeah regular ones are best, although I have to say, I've had some decent success using heavy ones as well, their longer range and higher strength are quite valuable in a primaris army. Downside is that it's risky to overcharge them if you move (although if you don't overcharge them when moving, theyre still almost as good as overcharged regular ones). Ideally place them somewhere high in your deployment zone, and pew pew things with them whilst other stuff gets in the opponents face and forces him to determine target priority.

But yeah, regular ones are better generally as they are less of a risk to overcharge and move so long as there is a captain (or dread with wisdom of the ancients) nearby.

• 4 weeks later...

Regular Plasma Incinerators.

True :)

Like Blindhamster though ... with the new FAQ and Chapter Approved following shortly I’m hoping for changes which make the Primaris Heavy and Assault weapons more, strike that, equally appealing as the standard bolt rifle and plasma incenerators.

IMO making the cost equal to the standard versions would definitely go far in making the heavy versions worth taking.

Remember you can always true scale convert existing marine units but it depends how much of a stickler for fluff you are. I did the centurion height conversion but then I assumed they could modify the suits for primaris. Still an expensive way (points wise) to get grav cannon

Archived