Which primarch homeworld is the most fascinating to you...

b1soul

...and why?

I find Inwit, Caliban, Olympia, and Barbarus to be very unique and fascinating.

Each could probably be developed into pretty cool RPG settings. I'd prob pick Olympia is my fave.

Cthonia is also rather interesting...but it seems to be a somewhat generic, post-apocalyptic setting a la Mad Max Fury Road (but subterranean)

I love the WS, but Chogoris seems too similar to historical China, Tibet, Mongolia, Central Asia. I wish GW had incorporated more techno-medieval vibes into Chogoris...like Caliban.

As a Greek historian, the poleis on Olympia speak to my soul

Are you a greek which happens to be a historian as well or are you a historian who likes the greek history? ;)

I myself am a historian and also like the greek history and that for Olympia is my choice as well. :)

And Inwit. Sadly not much is known about that world.

Hmm, there's actually a really fine line between what homeworld I like the best (Prospero) and which one I find most fascinating.  I'd say, singular, the most fascinating for me might be Medusa. 

There's something about it that melds mad max with future tech pretty effectively and it has just a little more going for it than some of the others.  The idea of the enormous world spanning Telstarax space station is just plain cool when melded with the roving leviathan machines of the clans, and that puts it just a bit ahead of good old Cthonia. 

Inwit feels bizarre as they have an interstellar empire but the world itself seems barely capable of sustaining any flourishing life. Chemos seems interesting, too.  But that's less to do with Chemos itself and more what the change would be between Chemos pre and post Fulgrim (the evolution of one to the other sounds like it could be crazy interesting).  

Is it just me or are there a lot of legion homeworlds that start with C? 

Chemos, Colchis, Chogoris, Cthonia, and Caliban? 

Though I love Fenris, it's not that fascinating like other ones.

Which I do find interesting:

- Caliban (Knights, beasts, classic fantasy setting)

- Prospero (home of my fav traitor Legion, sorcerers, wisdom, ancient Egypt)

- Olympia (sec fav traitor Legion, ancient Greece mixed with advanced technology and its description in Perturabo was beautiful)

- Inwit (mostly because we know close to nothing about it)

Interesting as in I'd like to observe it with an armed guard and possible ability to get out of dodge quickly? Fenris.

I know I know, Im biased here. But the sheer animal life on Fenris and it's ocean sounds like Steve Irwin's wildest dream. Even Hagrid would have to reconsider adopting there.

Interesting as in I'd like to observe it with an armed guard and possible ability to get out of dodge quickly? Fenris.

I know I know, Im biased here. But the sheer animal life on Fenris and it's ocean sounds like Steve Irwin's wildest dream. Even Hagrid would have to reconsider adopting there.

Inferno and Wolfsbane make it sound like it was created and populated with mythical fuana in a Westworld like scenario. A zoo of super-predators from mythology for people to visit. Except the people got stuck or something. 

For me it’s Baal. I grew Up all over the USA and have traveled all over the world and despite everything I have seen deserts fascinate me the most. Something about the arid climate, baked hardpan and the fact that man survived there.. add in the Warhammer dystopian post apocalypse and I just love it.

Inferno and Wolfsbane make it sound like it was created and populated with mythical fuana in a Westworld like scenario. A zoo of super-predators from mythology for people to visit. Except the people got stuck or something.

That's why Magnus said: there are no Wolves on Fenris.

I was going to go with Jurassic Park, which of course is heavily influenced by Westworld.

Where the rides started to eat people.and the people started to eat them back.

Some are quite straight forward (Ultramar, Olympia, Cthonia) but others certainly have more depth.

I think Barbarus tops it for me, closely followed by Caliban.

If GW ever get in the market for "what if" stories, I'd love to see one where Primarchs were swapped worlds:

• Leman Russ the Techno-Barbarian King of Medusa
  • Angron the Noble Knight of Caliban
  • Konrad Kurze, statesman of the 500 worlds
  • Vulkan the unkillable Gladiator
  • Roubute the son of the Beasts of Barbarus

For a long time, I would have said Baal. But in researching Nostromo for The Last Night Lord, I found myself drawn deeper and deeper into its mad depths. It's this strange cross between Gotham City, Bioshock, the Industrial Revolution, and then you add 40k to the mix. It's nuts, and could only exist in this setting.

Mortal Engines meets Mad Max meets Wall E/the junkyard world from The Force Unleashed, populated by cyborg zombies and AI monsters.

Seriously, AD-B, Chris Wraight, someone, give us a scout's trials book or something, and set it in the catacombs.

Archived