Guessing the new Xmas Battleforces

USNCenturion

Tooth and Claw was such a fantastic discount for everything that you got, I am not sure I can see them doing the same that close together for Primaris again. The only non-Primaris you are missing after Tooth and Claw are Inceptors, Reivers, Hellblasters and a Repulsor. Alongside the stuff from Dark Imperium, you basically have an entire army of Primaris. Buy two First Strike boxes or a single Reiver combat squad and you own everything they have except a Repulsor.

i say we are 1~ year away from a similarly discounted box.

1x repulsor

1x 10man reiver

1x gravis captain

+ bonus otherstuff

• 1 month later...

So now that the first two of ten(!) have been leaked, gotta day I’m excited after seeing the Death Guard box. Fantastic choices even for an existing army as the units contained are all useful, whether on the tabletop or for conversions.

Has anybody done the math on these two boxes? It will most likely dictate the savings and kits included in the rest of the forces.

So now that the first two of ten(!) have been leaked, gotta day I’m excited after seeing the Death Guard box. Fantastic choices even for an existing army as the units contained are all useful, whether on the tabletop or for conversions.

Has anybody done the math on these two boxes? It will most likely dictate the savings and kits included in the rest of the forces.

The Deathguard box seems to contain:

Blightlord Terminators (£35)

Plague Marines (£30)

Bloat drone (£30)

Plagueburst crawler (£40)

Plague Surgeon (£15)

Total = £150

They haven’t said what they’ll be selling it for yet but if it’s like last year it’s a pretty reasonable saving. Of course, Deathguard benefit slightly more than some other forces because there isn’t a ‘Start Collecting’ Set for Deathguard and in battleforces where there has been a start collecting set the savings were partly already in that set so the overall saving wasn’t as big.

Just hope the other 4 are good.

Plague Marines (£30)

Bloat drone (£30)

Plague Surgeon (£15)

Total = £150

They haven’t said what they’ll be selling it for yet but if it’s like last year it’s a pretty reasonable saving. Of course, Deathguard benefit slightly more than some other forces because there isn’t a ‘Start Collecting’ Set for Deathguard and in battleforces where there has been a start collecting set the savings were partly already in that set so the overall saving wasn’t as big.

If it's for the same price as the last two years the saving is really small compared to past Battleforce boxes. I saved almost 100€ with my T'au Battleforce box two years ago.

Plague Marines (£30)

Bloat drone (£30)

Plague Surgeon (£15)

Total = £150

If it's for the same price as the last two years the saving is really small compared to past Battleforce boxes. I saved almost 100€ with my T'au Battleforce box two years ago.

It’s not too bad but yeah, they have been much better in the past. It will likely be worse for forces that have a start collecting box as the saving on top of the one you get in the collecting box has been quite small in the past couple.

I think the issue here with DG is their kits are all so much more expensive than other armies.

I’m hoping for another guard box that’s different enough from last years battleforce and the Cadian Defense Force to warrant a purchase. A hellhound and basilisk in there would do it.

I think the issue here with DG is their kits are all so much more expensive than other armies.

I’m hoping for another guard box that’s different enough from last years battleforce and the Cadian Defense Force to warrant a purchase. A hellhound and basilisk in there would do it.

Yeah, that’s been the problem with the guard ones for me too, just the same units as other sets really. I’d love one with more variety. Like you say, hellhounds and basilisk would be great or maybe a flyer.

Archived