Whither Sarum?

bluntblade

So, Slaves of Darkness has shed light on Sarum which makes the Halcyon Wardens' arrangement with it, nor one with any Legion which didn't protect them from scrutiny and willingly overlook some really suspect behaviour, untenable. So, what shall we do with the heretek Forge World ear-ly in the morning?

Suggestions so far:

1. PURGE! This can be another line in the sand between us and canon.

2. Another Legion like the Drowned or Void Eagles establishes contact and is happy to simply take what Sarum offers.

3. Sarum is overrun before aid can reach it.

This was the suggestion I offered:

"Personally, I am inclined to destroy Sarum. Could make for a BotL-proper Exemplary Battle and give Alexandros some experience in fighting Mechanicum forces. Which would also tie in as to why he is asked to study Mortera and the Abyssii" after they are placed on 'probation'.

Beware spoilers

Perturabo is guided by Sarum's rulers to the planetoids' core.

There, the demon Sa'ram is willingly chained. It is him, that gives Sarum its power, etc.

In the end, the daemon either blessed or possessed (think it is the latter) an Iron Warrior, turning him into the first Obliterator.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that it hided there on prupose. If its chains are broken, it would return to its true master, which it does not want to happen.

So we'd need a vessel for it in order to flee.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived