Reader's Choice 2018 Results are out

plastic_slug

Hey, my two least favorite choices won.

Unfortunate that one will soon be in an omnibus and the other already is. Grats to everyone who got their vote tho.

Absolutely this. Blows my freaking mind that Storm of Iron even was an option. It’s in the Iron Warriors omnibus for chrisakes.

Ugh. I’m starting to think people shouldn’t vote for anything ever.

I didn't even know that there was a vote going on...

What else was there to choose from?

Storm of Iron - Graham McNeill

SMB: Death of Antagonis - David Annandale

Valedor - Guy Haley

Dark Apostle - Anthony Reynolds

Gunheads - Steve Parker

Cadian Blood - Aaron Dembski-Bowden

I voted for Valedor.

Keep in mind that Valedor is due an omnibus release sometime 2019, alongside the Shield of Baal novellas, under the title The Great Devourer. Even though the cover on Amazon is not final, it names Guy Haley, Josh Reynolds, Braden Campbell, Joe Parrino, L J Goulding and Nick Kyme. The synopsis specifies Valedor, as well as four novellas and a bunch of shorts.

The novellas would be: Josh's Deathstorm, Braden's Tempestus, Joe's Devourer and, all things considered, Guy's The Last Days of Ector, which is basically a prelude to Valedor. The short stories should be the rest of Shield of Baal, since those match with the authors, outside of Andy Smillie's A Son's Burden.

Cadian Blood is in the Honour Imperialis omnibus, which I'd rather see getting a reprint than the novel on its own. Gunheads doesn't seem to have an omnibus appearance yet, though...

Dark Apostle is in the Word Bearers omnibus, Storm of Iron in the Iron warriors one, which is also getting a new print next year according to Amazon. The Word Bearers one is still on sale on Amazon.de, at least.

Death of Antagonis was omnibus'd alongside Death of Integrity under the title Defenders of Mankind, though that and the other two SMB omnibuses didn't catch on.

Frankly, all of these books were strange picks for the voting to begin with. Gunheads at least doesn't have a better-value reprint somewhere, but the rest?

Archived