Full picture: All FW price increases collated in one file

K0rtmer

12.5% would seem high, although not too much of a departure from the 9% I often see in various locations
Annoyingly it can vary literally within the same metro area... :ermm:

Thanks for compiling this!

I'm still confused as to why they would do such a thing, my rudimentary understanding of economics is anyone exporting wants a weak exchange rate so their external customers buy more! Its also unlikely to increase significantly afterwards (so I can't see an argument for hedging). Also will they continue their annual 10% hike in addition to this??? 

EDIT:

Also the US pricing tax is added at check out, listing price does not include tax, did you factor that?

12.5% would seem high, although not too much of a departure from the 9% I often see in various locations

Annoyingly it can vary literally within the same metro area... :ermm:

Thanks for compiling this!

I'm still confused as to why they would do such a thing, my rudimentary understanding of economics is anyone exporting wants a weak exchange rate so their external customers buy more! Its also unlikely to increase significantly afterwards (so I can't see an argument for hedging). Also will they continue their annual 10% hike in addition to this???

EDIT:

Also the US pricing tax is added at check out, listing price does not include tax, did you factor that?

What you think would make more sense than 12.5? 10? And yep the model includes the blended tax added to the list price but it still makes it worse because only EU seems to have a blended comparable Tax :/

In the US, sales tax can vary from 0% to about 10%. I'm not sure of any places higher than 10%, but they might exist. I would guess seven or eight percent is average, but with fifty states plus DC each setting their own sales tax plus some cities adding on additional sales tax above those, I don't care to calculate it.

And, as noted, the price listed in USD is before sales tax is added, so the price is that listed plus an additional 0-10% depending on state/city. (Edit:) This means the VAT should be 0%, since no US prices include a tax.

Archived