Deff dread loadouts

Code 187

I finally stopped procrastinating and got started on my deff dread. I'm in a bit of a quandary with what loadout to take on it. I'm thinking 3 CCW and either skorcha or kustom mega blaster for a ranged option but I'm not sure if that's decent or not.

What does everyone else take on their dreads?

I finally stopped procrastinating and got started on my deff dread. I'm in a bit of a quandary with what loadout to take on it. I'm thinking 3 CCW and either skorcha or kustom mega blaster for a ranged option but I'm not sure if that's decent or not.

What does everyone else take on their dreads?

Skorcha has worked best for me. Auto hits in overwatch, and I am normally only shooting with the Dreads when within Assault range anyway otherwise its an all out advance up the table. 

Personally, I stay away from KMB and Rokkits because you'll be wanting to advance the dread every turn until it can charge, and 1 shot weapons hitting on 6s aren't worth the points. Big Shootas are fine if you want to reduce the cost of the dread, but in my opinion, the real questions is how many arms do you want to give up for skorchas? I'm currently thinking "none", as anti-tank is something we always need more of, and the arms provide that if you can get into combat. But I can definitely see taking one or two skorchas.

I have 3 fixed with 2 Big Shootas 2 Klaws and 1 metal with 4 Klaws and another metal with 3 Klaws and a Schorcha. 
My first three can swap their big shootas out for KMB's, which have managed to kill enemy characters in Overwatch*at least once. I had "Space gunz" on the brain for a while but prefer my big shootas if I'm honest.

Almost nothing more rewarding that turning a space marine git to noting more than a pile of burnt popcorn !

I also like to run at least 2 of them at any given time, they walk around together and gang up on stuff. Proppa.

Archived