Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Jervis Johnson vs Andy Chambers

Kill Team White Dwarf Nostalgia

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Kaiju Soze

Kaiju Soze

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20 posts
  • Faction: Chaos Renegades, Space Wolves

So Jervis is going to lose, right?  Did he ever win a battle report?

Jackalwolf

Jackalwolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,654 posts

Ha first time I went to Warhammer fest I met him and went a bit star struck. Asked if I could have a photo...so I just took a photo of him by himself...walked away feeling like a right lemon.

Isn't it amazing how they can make you feel like you're 12 again trying to ask a girl out.
  • Matt_149, Semper Fortis and D3L like this

Matt_149

Matt_149

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 319 posts

Ha first time I went to Warhammer fest I met him and went a bit star struck. Asked if I could have a photo...so I just took a photo of him by himself...walked away feeling like a right lemon.

Isn't it amazing how they can make you feel like you're 12 again trying to ask a girl out.

Yeah its bizarre I have a job where I deal with people who have done horrendous things and yet speaking to him, the design team, even going into a gw store it's like I'm a teenager again. Weird!
  • Jackalwolf likes this

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,768 posts
Go Jervis!

I met Jervis at Warhammerfest 2017. Great guy.

Edited by Wispy, 08 September 2018 - 05:50 PM.

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,410 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels and Black Legion

The conversation I had with Jes Goodwin at Games Day 2014 is among the most cherished moments of my life. The great secret of GW and BL, I have found, is that they love this universe as much as we do and are just as excited by its possibilities as we are.

On topic: do we think they will bring their own Kill Teams or use studio miniatures? I hope they have their own!

• Honda and MaulerUK like this

JJD

JJD

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,009 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels
Well I guess I’m buying WD for the first time in quite a while.

Battybattybats

Battybattybats

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,409 posts
I wonder.....
Andy wrote the original Battlefleet Gothic and rumours say a new one is next after Titanicus.....
  • Master Commander Ajax, MaulerUK and Corsovitt like this

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 957 posts

I wonder.....
Andy wrote the original Battlefleet Gothic and rumours say a new one is next after Titanicus.....

He's written Dropfleet commander recently which could be said to be a spiritual successor to bfg. IIRC I read an interview with Andy recently where he said that he hadn't really kept up with recent 40k background so although I'm hopeful that he will come back into the fold I'm happy with the battle report for now
  • Master Commander Ajax likes this

Brother Adelard

Brother Adelard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,398 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

So Jervis is going to lose, right? Did he ever win a battle report?

I think he won around WD 244 or 245 with space wolves and the new land raider
  • Venerable Jazzman likes this

O787td6.jpggallery_38474_6916_6036.jpg

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,655 posts
Won wd175 with orks Vs Jake Thornton using marines ;)
  • Venerable Jazzman and Warhead01 like this

Elzender

Elzender

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 885 posts
I think I read on FB that Andy Chambers has not played a single game of kill team yet, whereas Jervis has been involved in its design. Guess that will make Jervis loss all the more hilarious if it happens :D.
  • Warhead01 and Black Blow Fly like this

My blog (in Spanish): http://suenosdeuncon...logspot.com.es/

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpggallery_48988_10069_73849.png

A D-B

A D-B

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,486 posts

Love seeing Jervis still out there mixing it up. Fantastic guy and an unmatchable creative output.

I got a selfie with him last time I was over for an HH meeting, but I'm not posting as I look even chubbier than usual.

• Venerable Jazzman, Warhead01, Felix Antipodes and 7 others like this
Note: Everything I say is my own personal opinion as hobbyist, a novelist, and the world's slowest painter. It's not intended to reflect back on Games Workshop in any professional context.

Blog - Facebook - Twitter

reckoning

reckoning

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,349 posts

Love seeing Jervis still out there mixing it up. Fantastic guy and an unmatchable creative output.

I got a selfie with him last time I was over for an HH meeting, but I'm not posting as I look even chubbier than usual.

Pics or it didn't happen
To Recover The Past Banner

karden00, on 28 Apr 2014 - 21:55, said:
Eh... dark angels couldn't hold the line. Surprise surprise....

Jackalwolf

Jackalwolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,654 posts

Come on, we all know you are the sexiest dweller of Ireland Mr Dembski-Bowden.

Lord Ranulf

Lord Ranulf

++ EQUESTER CANEO ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,781 posts

Chambers for the win! I miss his Space Wolf inspired muttonstash and mane from back in the day....

-Ran 

• Magos Takatus and Black Blow Fly like this

gallery_48988_15465_712.png ZIbfbQY.jpg L_T_4_2019_Medal.gif

Honda

Honda

++ HOSTICUS PLAUSTRUM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,549 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
Chambers for the win! I miss his Space Wolf inspired muttonstash and mane from back in the day....

Looking at his recent pics, I suspect he does as well. :)

Very jazzed about this match up, not because of the game, though that is cool, but that it is actually happening.

Posted Image

"All those rumors about us being intolerant and stubborn really just evolved from our history. We're actually just a fun bunch of guys who enjoy burning witches" - Anon

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,994 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos and Wolves
Afaik, Jervis never beat Andy in a batrep, Andy is just too awesome... Not ashamed to admit I totally fanboid when I met him in 96.
Jervis was pretty chill as well, Im glad they are getting together again even if it is for one game.
  • MaulerUK likes this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

''Help! Help! I'm being repressed!!!'' - Dennis the Peasant, England. 932 A.D.

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11,562 posts
  • Faction: TODESKOMPANIE
GW has never been the same without Andy. He really cares a lot.
  • Master Commander Ajax and MaulerUK like this
The world would be a better place if people stopped complaining about Primaris Space Marines.
=][=
my 40k blog:https://greenblowfly.../alan-seds.html - Terminus Est - Space Marines 247=][=
wc.jpg
Blood and Honor!
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Mary_Sue Mary Sue and Plot Armor are terms used by losers

Wraithwing

Wraithwing

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,519 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves\Novamarines
I’ve got a 3rd ed Space Wolves codex signed by Mr Chambers.

Wraithwing's Deathwolves - A Space Wolves WIP & Painting Blog (Archived Project)

Wraithwing's Novamarines - A Primaris WIP & Painting Blog

Wraithwing's Collected Works - Hall of Honour Thread

"We are coming. Look to the skies for your salvation." - Captain Kayvaan Shrike to Commissar Lent prior to the Blindhope planetstrike.

HvitrValdyr

HvitrValdyr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 249 posts
  • Faction: Vlka Fenryka

I really hope it's Wolves vs Orks. Smaller scale version of the 2nd edition Wolves 'dex battle report.

• Slave to Darkness likes this
gallery_48988_6285_4875.png
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"
-Benjamin Franklin

Truescale Wolves WIP
http://www.bolterand...e-space-wolves/

A D-B

A D-B

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,486 posts

Pics or it didn't happen

I got one with Jes Goodwin yesterday. 

• reckoning, Excessus and Son of Carnelian like this
Note: Everything I say is my own personal opinion as hobbyist, a novelist, and the world's slowest painter. It's not intended to reflect back on Games Workshop in any professional context.

Blog - Facebook - Twitter

General Strike

General Strike

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,479 posts

Pics or it didn't happen

I got one with Jes Goodwin yesterday.

You've created a fan boy rip in space time, a fan boy meeting a person they admire then talking about it with people who are his fans. I will use this tear in time to go back and put a Black Templars codex in the "2018thingstorelease.doc" in the gw mainframe.
  • Magos Takatus and Black Blow Fly like this

Master Commander Ajax

Master Commander Ajax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 584 posts
  • Faction: Black Castellans

I wish GW could temp Andy Chambers to come back permanently. 

• Black Blow Fly likes this

They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear.

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,979 posts

I wish GW could temp Andy Chambers to come back permanently.

I would give him the HH project ;)
  • Honda likes this
“Battles are won by courage, by standing firm in the face of overwhelming adversity, by advancing into certain death when every instinct is screaming at you to turn.”

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11,562 posts
  • Faction: TODESKOMPANIE
I’d put him in charge of 40k and have 30k ported over to eighth edition.
The world would be a better place if people stopped complaining about Primaris Space Marines.
=][=
my 40k blog:https://greenblowfly.../alan-seds.html - Terminus Est - Space Marines 247=][=
wc.jpg
Blood and Honor!
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Mary_Sue Mary Sue and Plot Armor are terms used by losers

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kill Team, White Dwarf, Nostalgia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users