Angelis Beacon and Teleportarium

jpwyrm

Had a game last night and lost, though it was a close call. It went back and forth all game long, with some great moments for both sides - exactly the kind of games I like.

Anyway, I had three units in Teleportarium and planned on holding them on until turn two so I could Strike where I wanted. I lost first turn so I had to weather two turns of shooting before the reserve came down and this cost me my deployment zone in the end. While we talk about the highlights of the game, I thought about the Beacon Angelis : it says you can bring unit from anywhere on the battlefield OR in Teleportarium within 6" of the Character.

My question is : can this circumvent the deepstrike limitations for turn 1? Mainly, could I rush a jump pack character into the enemy lines and bring one squad from Teleportarium reserves in with him?

It's still considered reserves. Don't forget the order these rules were written so while it made read like a valid option, the 'beta' rules would disallow reinforcement in T1 outside of your deployment. At least that's how I've been playing it. 

You can, however, advance a JP character up the board 12+d6" and then beacon in a squad that is on the board already.  Did it once vs Tau, with an intergressor squad.  He spent the whole game trying to focus them down.

Archived