Are traitor Adeptus Titanicus Titans allowed :)? Or not "chaosy" enough?

Hmm.... short answer? Yes because Adeptus Titanicus is the best!

Long answer: you may want to wait until early January for an Adeptus Titanicus dedicated event! :o (because Adeptus Titanicus is the best). By then I bet all the known Titans will be released and if we are lucky possibly some more weapon options too... you can design your Maniples, schedule your purchases and be ready to bring death and destruction in an enormius scale!

Or do both, the day that I’ll stop someone from painting Titans (of any scale) has not dawned yet! :)

Okay, for the young-ins here (specifically me :lol:) Call of Chaos is exactly what? Is it something like E Tenebrae Lux or?

Yes and no. Yes in the sense that it is a painting event. No in the sense that is not competitive, points do not count and it is for Chaos aligned stuff only. Oh, and it is the longer running event in the B&C - this is its 11th incarnation!

Wonder if Traitor Adeptus Titanicus will count

See above Princeps Kilofix! Frankly, if we go by the book, these are HH stuff - not 40k Chaos. But when did the Warmaster do things “by the book”? :lol:

Do renegade astartes that aren’t in anyway affiliated with chaos count?

Edited for English, it’s my first language I swear!

I’ll use simple language as not to confuse you: yes. :p

The idea though is to motivate people to paint up Chaos units, which means your unit(s) should be able to pass as some entry from some official 40k Chaos source (Codex, or Forgeworld or other that I cannot think of right now). Just painting Imperial Marines kind of defeats the point... ;)

One question Semper, as I can't seem to remember: Do units have to have a codex equivalent? As in, I've got a lot of Dark Mechanicum models assembled that don't have a Codex equivalent, can I vow them? If I have to I can think of things to count them as if need be, but I'd really rather not BS my models into the event if I don't have to.

The Call of Chaos is supposed to be a celebration of Chaos. As such it is not strictly Codex. Hey it is not even strictly 40k! As you saw above Adeptus Titanicus will be accepted as well as Kill Team (those Gellerpox guys I’m sure will make an appearance) or other games such as Epic or BFG...

Now the Dark Mechanicum is in the grey area in that it is undoubtedly Chaos, it is also recognised as a Faction in the FW supplements but it doesnt go beyond Knights... I’ll make an ad hoc ruling and allow it but since the Call of Chaos is about legal units, you’ll need a count-as as to determine what the unit will look like (at least to determine the model count per unit). How do you plan to use them in your games? Or are they just for display?

How do you plan to use them in your games? Or are they just for display?

Some of it is counts-as Ad Mech for Kill Team which is obviously not Chaos. Most is for INQ28, though. I can come up with something but I'll also have Knights to vow (and Gellerpox Mutants I'll assume). 

Long answer: you may want to wait until early January for an Adeptus Titanicus dedicated event! :ohmy.: (because Adeptus Titanicus is the best). By then I bet all the known Titans will be released and if we are lucky possibly some more weapon options too... you can design your Maniples, schedule your purchases and be ready to bring death and destruction in an enormius scale!

Or do both, the day that I’ll stop someone from painting Titans (of any scale) has not dawned yet! :smile.:

Hehe awesome! Will do a mix of Legio Mortis and Gellerpox Mutants than! :)

Are traitor Adeptus Titanicus Titans allowed :smile.:? Or not "chaosy" enough?

Long answer: you may want to wait until early January for an Adeptus Titanicus dedicated event! :ohmy.: (because Adeptus Titanicus is the best). By then I bet all the known Titans will be released and if we are lucky possibly some more weapon options too... you can design your Maniples, schedule your purchases and be ready to bring death and destruction in an enormius scale!

Or do both, the day that I’ll stop someone from painting Titans (of any scale) has not dawned yet! :smile.:

Well this is glorious! :happy.: Now the dilemma of what to vow...!

My Nurgle bits quiver.

My Slaanesh bits are moist

with primer.

Oh we have such sights to show them!
Actually I don’t have much ready!

A Slaaneshi IW TDA lord, plasma raptors...and that’s it.

I can’t get my Noise Oblits converted in time.

Build more spawn!!!

I  might, I'll probably get as far as pledging then lose motivation. 

I'm sort of working on (haven't done anything for about 18 months) a nurgle fast attack army (raptors mainly with some bikes),when I started it wasn't codex legal as I completely ignored the force organisation requirements of the time, it was legally for 7th Ed but I haven't bothered moving to 8th Ed yet so not sure if still the case.  If I just pledge raptors and HQ's is that going to be ok? 

If not I may finish/do a Black Legion Kill Team I started when Talon of Horus came out (1 member completed so far although I don't think he is actually legal under GW KT rules so may need to redo him).

I would answer the call, but I am deep into my current Deathwatch project. Maybe if I need a break I’ll take part for a little bit.

How Chaosy do any conversions have to be. Back in 6th edition I did a Khorne demon Lizardman army that I build but never got far with painting, they then saw some more play with the demonkin codex. I have been planning to expand this to all four gods. AoS and actual demon lizards plus the larger scale greater demons have given me pause so they have been sitting in a box since. So if a mostly Lizardmen model with minimal chaosy look counts then I may have a few models if I need a break from the Deathwatch.