Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Will you answer the Call?

Call of Chaos Call of Chaos XI

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

Azekai

Azekai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,108 posts
  • Faction: Warp Locusts, Traitor Guard

My heretics are ready and willing to receive paint and Nurgle hugs!

• Captain Semper likes this

Corruption is our armor. Infection is our weapon. Immortality is our reward.

gallery_48988_13169_3872.pngETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Chaos_LATD.jCall_of_Chaos_11_Banner_01e.jpggallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pnggallery_63428_7083_8312.png3DrnTQ5.png

Cryptix

Cryptix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,263 posts
  • Faction: Dusk Raiders, Lords of Stone

How nice of you to do this when I just bought a Betrayal at Calth teehee.gif

Well would you look at the time, it's zombie o'clock!
sml_gallery_55866_13614_5370.jpgL_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpggallery_60566_6038_377.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Banner_02_Failed.jpg

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 16,588 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

Are traitor Adeptus Titanicus Titans allowed :)? Or not "chaosy" enough?

Hmm.... short answer? Yes because Adeptus Titanicus is the best!

Long answer: you may want to wait until early January for an Adeptus Titanicus dedicated event! :o (because Adeptus Titanicus is the best). By then I bet all the known Titans will be released and if we are lucky possibly some more weapon options too... you can design your Maniples, schedule your purchases and be ready to bring death and destruction in an enormius scale!

Or do both, the day that I’ll stop someone from painting Titans (of any scale) has not dawned yet! :)

Okay, for the young-ins here (specifically me :lol:) Call of Chaos is exactly what? Is it something like E Tenebrae Lux or?

Yes and no. Yes in the sense that it is a painting event. No in the sense that is not competitive, points do not count and it is for Chaos aligned stuff only. Oh, and it is the longer running event in the B&C - this is its 11th incarnation!

Wonder if Traitor Adeptus Titanicus will count

See above Princeps Kilofix! Frankly, if we go by the book, these are HH stuff - not 40k Chaos. But when did the Warmaster do things “by the book”? :lol:

Do renegade astartes that aren’t in anyway affiliated with chaos count?
Edited for English, it’s my first language I swear!

I’ll use simple language as not to confuse you: yes. :P

The idea though is to motivate people to paint up Chaos units, which means your unit(s) should be able to pass as some entry from some official 40k Chaos source (Codex, or Forgeworld or other that I cannot think of right now). Just painting Imperial Marines kind of defeats the point... ;)

RikuEru

RikuEru

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,292 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
I'm almost tempted to vow a small unit of Marines in Mk3 as a counts-as something to portray my failure during ETL.
Space Wolves or Wolfbrothers that truly lost their way or are close to it...
  • Kinstryfe and Captain Semper like this

q6c0AMP.pngUZREYOk.pngrm0hCox.png4bqeAKq.pngSuMQ47R.png

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,672 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company

One question Semper, as I can't seem to remember: Do units have to have a codex equivalent? As in, I've got a lot of Dark Mechanicum models assembled that don't have a Codex equivalent, can I vow them? If I have to I can think of things to count them as if need be, but I'd really rather not BS my models into the event if I don't have to.

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 16,588 posts
The Call of Chaos is supposed to be a celebration of Chaos. As such it is not strictly Codex. Hey it is not even strictly 40k! As you saw above Adeptus Titanicus will be accepted as well as Kill Team (those Gellerpox guys I’m sure will make an appearance) or other games such as Epic or BFG...

Now the Dark Mechanicum is in the grey area in that it is undoubtedly Chaos, it is also recognised as a Faction in the FW supplements but it doesnt go beyond Knights... I’ll make an ad hoc ruling and allow it but since the Call of Chaos is about legal units, you’ll need a count-as as to determine what the unit will look like (at least to determine the model count per unit). How do you plan to use them in your games? Or are they just for display?
  • Honda likes this

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,738 posts
So any Heretic Astartes Legion counts?
Cause my Legion of choice is IW
“Battles are won by courage, by standing firm in the face of overwhelming adversity, by advancing into certain death when every instinct is screaming at you to turn.”

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 16,588 posts
Yes. But keep in mind, if you’re into Heresy, a dedicated HH event is coming up in January. But yes, for CoC, all traitors count... :)

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,738 posts

Yes. But keep in mind, if you’re into Heresy, a dedicated HH event is coming up in January. But yes, for CoC, all traitors count... :)

40k IW i do ;)
“Battles are won by courage, by standing firm in the face of overwhelming adversity, by advancing into certain death when every instinct is screaming at you to turn.”

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 16,588 posts

:tu:

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,672 posts

How do you plan to use them in your games? Or are they just for display?

Some of it is counts-as Ad Mech for Kill Team which is obviously not Chaos. Most is for INQ28, though. I can come up with something but I'll also have Knights to vow (and Gellerpox Mutants I'll assume). 

DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 16,588 posts
Ok, AdMech Kill Team then! Just make sure they say Dark Mechanicum all over! :lol:
  • DuskRaider and Kierdale like this

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,672 posts

Ok, AdMech Kill Team then! Just make sure they say Dark Mechanicum all over! laugh.png

Oh trust me, as you can see here there's no mistaking where their allegiance lies msn-wink.gif

• Captain Semper and Kierdale like this

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,032 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force
How long does this run for?

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 16,588 posts
Three months, until Dec 15th. You can jump in at any point between Sep 15th (kick-off date) and the end of the event. :)

Atia

Atia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,369 posts
  • Faction: The Horus Heresy

Long answer: you may want to wait until early January for an Adeptus Titanicus dedicated event! ohmy.png (because Adeptus Titanicus is the best). By then I bet all the known Titans will be released and if we are lucky possibly some more weapon options too... you can design your Maniples, schedule your purchases and be ready to bring death and destruction in an enormius scale!

Or do both, the day that I’ll stop someone from painting Titans (of any scale) has not dawned yet! smile.png

Hehe awesome! Will do a mix of Legio Mortis and Gellerpox Mutants than! :)

Get your daily news, rumours and hobby stuff  http://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/

My WIP Thread (30k, Kill Team, Necromunda and ADEPTUS TITANICUS!)

gallery_29004_10383_126.pngL_T_2_2016_Badge_09_Delegatus.jpgsml_gallery_29004_12090_760.pngETL_2016_Badge_10_Badge_of_the_Artificergallery_29004_10383_2014.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Medal_01f.gifgallery_29004_9303_10186.pnggallery_29004_15471_5616.pnggallery_48988_15151_1164.pnggallery_48988_15151_6604.png

>> Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? <<

Chaeron

Chaeron

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,392 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

Are traitor Adeptus Titanicus Titans allowed smile.png? Or not "chaosy" enough?

Long answer: you may want to wait until early January for an Adeptus Titanicus dedicated event! ohmy.png (because Adeptus Titanicus is the best). By then I bet all the known Titans will be released and if we are lucky possibly some more weapon options too... you can design your Maniples, schedule your purchases and be ready to bring death and destruction in an enormius scale!

Or do both, the day that I’ll stop someone from painting Titans (of any scale) has not dawned yet! smile.png

Well this is glorious! happy.png Now the dilemma of what to vow...!

sml_gallery_48988_11572_15880.pnggallery_48988_15465_14148.png?w=330l_t_3_2017_badge_06_magos.jpg?w=100etl_2016_badge_09_badge_of_the_martyr.jpetl_2018_medal_01_custos_fidei_05.gif?w=etl_2016_medal_01_custos_fidei05.gif?w=3call_of_chaos_9_medal_01f.gif?w=33gallery_29004_10383_2014.png?w=33sml_gallery_29004_10691_4416.png?w=33gallery_29004_9903_10777.png?w=33gallery_29004_10383_9506.png?w=33gallery_29004_6198_5690.png?w=33img_ch00_08awards_07_coc_2013.gif?w=33img_ch00_08awards_06_etl_2013e.gif?w=33

WarriorFish

WarriorFish

++ PRÆFECT SOCIORUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,940 posts
  • Faction: Hunter Legion

I've been kit bashing a Dark Apostle on and off recently, but I think this might be what I need to get some Daemons done...

• Honda, Captain Semper and Kierdale like this

gallery_48988_15465_8206.pnggallery_30308_9518_1551.pnggallery_30308_3239_3185.pnggallery_30308_9518_17558.pnggallery_30308_3239_193.pnggallery_30308_3239_17729.png
Painting Oaths Completed:
gallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_84.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gif
gallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gif
In the grim predictability of online 40k, there can be only Sun Tzu quotes

SM Ironclad | IG Stormies | =][= Stormies | AM Armigers

CSM Defiler | TSons Rubrics | Daemons Daemonettes

DE Warriors | Tyranids Genestealers

Supe robot gangster #1

Supe robot gangster #1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 667 posts
  • Faction: All the legions!
Now does Legio Xestobiax count as traitor? Or do I need to work on my Mortis engines first?

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,038 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

My Nurgle bits quiver.

My Slaanesh bits are moist
with primer.
Oh we have such sights to show them!
Actually I don’t have much ready!
A Slaaneshi IW TDA lord, plasma raptors...and that’s it.
I can’t get my Noise Oblits converted in time.

Build more spawn!!!
  • Captain Semper and Kierdale like this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

Kilofix

Kilofix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,185 posts
  • Faction: Radicals, Renegades & Heretics
Yay Adeptus Titanicus, Kill Team / Gellarpox!
gallery_75122_9925_245.pnggallery_75122_9925_845.pnggallery_75122_9925_2931.pnggallery_75122_9925_34773.jpeggallery_75122_9925_17742.pnggallery_75122_9925_17937.pnggallery_75122_9925_15020.png
“Imperial counter-strike massacred on Isstvan Five. Vulkan and Corax missing. Ferrus Manus dead. Night Lords, Iron Warriors, Alpha Legion and Word Bearers are with Horus Lupercal”

Supe robot gangster #1

Supe robot gangster #1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 667 posts
  • Faction: All the legions!
Also. What about chaos cults in necro?

Stormborn

Stormborn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 665 posts
  • Faction: Angels Revenant

I  might, I'll probably get as far as pledging then lose motivation. 

I'm sort of working on (haven't done anything for about 18 months) a nurgle fast attack army (raptors mainly with some bikes),when I started it wasn't codex legal as I completely ignored the force organisation requirements of the time, it was legally for 7th Ed but I haven't bothered moving to 8th Ed yet so not sure if still the case.  If I just pledge raptors and HQ's is that going to be ok? 

If not I may finish/do a Black Legion Kill Team I started when Talon of Horus came out (1 member completed so far although I don't think he is actually legal under GW KT rules so may need to redo him).

“Anyone who can be proved to be a seditious person is an outlaw before God and the emperor; and whoever is the first to put him to death does right and well. Therefore let everyone who can, smite, slay and stab, secretly or openly, remembering that nothing can be more poisonous, hurtful, or devilish than a rebel."

TheOneTrueZon

TheOneTrueZon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 968 posts
  • Faction: Silent Sword Crusade

I've been working on a post-Gallium Falkus Kibre, might be the time to finish that beast....

"My blood is the same colour as yours. And what I do, I do to protect Earth, same as you. You don't like how I do it, that's your prerogative. But there are things going on out there that you know nothing about. Threats to the human race that no one never hears about, because we stopped them. There are dangers all around us. And whether you like us or not, we may be all that stands between you and the abyss."
- Bester, Babylon 5

http://www.bolterand...-sword-crusade/

http://www.bolterand...age-of-silvana/

http://www.bolterand...primal-marines/

gallery_48988_15094_4739.pnggallery_48988_15094_6220.pnggallery_48988_15094_6389.pngO787td6.jpg 

Trokair

Trokair

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,482 posts
I would answer the call, but I am deep into my current Deathwatch project. Maybe if I need a break I’ll take part for a little bit.

How Chaosy do any conversions have to be. Back in 6th edition I did a Khorne demon Lizardman army that I build but never got far with painting, they then saw some more play with the demonkin codex. I have been planning to expand this to all four gods. AoS and actual demon lizards plus the larger scale greater demons have given me pause so they have been sitting in a box since. So if a mostly Lizardmen model with minimal chaosy look counts then I may have a few models if I need a break from the Deathwatch.
My Assorted Projects
Facing the Unknown , Facing the Unknown II

He's a psychic-power immune (kind of) chaincannon armed Havoc Marine - I think Tro has enough toys! tongue.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Call of Chaos, Call of Chaos XI

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users