Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Kill Teams & Kill Zones of the Odothese Sector; Update 10Feb

Kill Team game Space Marines Chaos Space Marines terrain The Legion of Taurus

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

firestorm40k

firestorm40k

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 952 posts
  • Faction: Legion of Taurus
Thanks Bjorn Firewalker! :)

I still need to varnish those Avenging Eagles Marines so I can game with them, two things stopping that are 1) awaiting pay day so I can go get some matt varnish spray, and 2) the typically grim British weather.

While I've been waiting for that I've been chipping away at other things. Firstly getting some terrain pieces ready for painting. The thing with those Mantic Battlezones sets is, while they make some useful pieces, there are loads of gaps where connectors are meant to go. So I spent some time cutting plasticard rod and spare connectors to sort that out:
IMG_20190204_202519_700_zps2khymtlo.jpg

Just need the weather to improve so I can get them painted!

I've also been chipping away at that Librarian conversion. I've forgotten how much I dislike working with green stuff! Several attempts with the push molds, managed to get a few Librarian symbols I could work with. I just need to add a finishing touch (to represent his psychic powers manifesting), then he's done.
2019-02-10%2020.09.48_zps6a5gyszf.jpg

As well as him, as fluff-wise the Marines I've been painting are part of a campaign where the Legion of Taurus are the opposing force, I wanted to make a Sorceror to command their Kill Team. Ironically, I did consider making a Sorceror for that army back when I started work on it over 10 years ago, but in the end didn't get round to it..!
IMG_2019-02-10_20-13-33_zpsozokgjxv.jpg

The body is the current Finecast Sorceror, which I picked up incomplete and in a bit of a state off eBay. The head is a Forgeworld Berzerker Terminator head, and the hand is from one of the Dark Vengeance Cultist champs. I need to finish filling out the right side so I can put his other arm on. Then add some flame effects in his left hand, and he's done! (Oh, the random Marine arm that's coming out of his base will be partially buried in rocks.)

I'll carry on with these, then hopefully get some good ebough weather to start priming/varnishing models.

Oh, wait, that's not all I've been working on...

2019-02-10%2020.06.27_zpssf7loilq.jpg
Something a bit Malevolent is coming to this project..! ;) :D

Edited by firestorm40k, 10 February 2019 - 09:10 PM.

My new Kill Team project - http://www.bolterand...dothese-sector/

My Chaos Marine project log, the (infamous!) Legion of Taurus: http://www.bolterand...arine-army-log/

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,464 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
I like the green stuff Daemon skulls on your Librarian. Is he from the Exorcists Chapter?

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

firestorm40k

firestorm40k

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 952 posts
  • Faction: Legion of Taurus

I like the green stuff Daemon skulls on your Librarian. Is he from the Exorcists Chapter?

Thanks Bjorn Firewalker - you've made me realise though that I've put the shoulder pads on completely the wrong way round censored.gif censored.gif censored.gif censored.gif   I just hope I can get them back off now to correct them facepalm.pngunsure.png ermm.gif  

My new Kill Team project - http://www.bolterand...dothese-sector/

My Chaos Marine project log, the (infamous!) Legion of Taurus: http://www.bolterand...arine-army-log/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kill Team game, Space Marines, Chaos Space Marines, terrain, The Legion of Taurus

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users