Rules Questions

Calyptra

As part of my quest to eventually some day play this game and get all the rules right, I thought I'd start a thread for rules questions.

When a model lose its last wound, further hits from the same weapon are not resolved - thus, you only make one injury roll no matter how many wounds were caused with that heavy bolter. How does that sequence with rules like Inured to Suffering or Disgustingly Resilient, which are triggered after the wound is lost?

So for example, my Wych is shot and wounded three times. Do I roll for Inured to Suffering once, because after the first shot reduced him to 0 wounds, the other two are not resolved, or 3 times?

If the unresolved shots come back into play if the wound is restored, wouldn't flesh wounds, which also restore a lost wound, have the same effect?

Another question: Pray They Don't Take You Alive (a Drukhari tactic) says "use this tactic if a model from your kill team takes an enemy Leader out of action in the Fight phase." Does that mean it has to be used immediately, or can it be played at any time once those criteria have been met?

And finally, are command points used in matched play? It says they can be used in narrative and open play, but doesn't mention matched. I think that implies that they aren't used in matched play, but I'd really like some clarification on that.

As part of my quest to eventually some day play this game and get all the rules right, I thought I'd start a thread for rules questions.

When a model lose its last wound, further hits from the same weapon are not resolved - thus, you only make one injury roll no matter how many wounds were caused with that heavy bolter. How does that sequence with rules like Inured to Suffering or Disgustingly Resilient, which are triggered after the wound is lost?

So for example, my Wych is shot and wounded three times. Do I roll for Inured to Suffering once, because after the first shot reduced him to 0 wounds, the other two are not resolved, or 3 times?

If the unresolved shots come back into play if the wound is restored, wouldn't flesh wounds, which also restore a lost wound, have the same effect?

Another question: Pray They Don't Take You Alive (a Drukhari tactic) says "use this tactic if a model from your kill team takes an enemy Leader out of action in the Fight phase." Does that mean it has to be used immediately, or can it be played at any time once those criteria have been met?

And finally, are command points used in matched play? It says they can be used in narrative and open play, but doesn't mention matched. I think that implies that they aren't used in matched play, but I'd really like some clarification on that.

Easy.

You don't roll Disgustingly Resilient etc. after you lost the wound. It doesn't restore that wound, it prevents the model from losing it in the first place ("the model does not lose that wound"). So since it didn't lose its last wound the remaining hits still have to get resolved. ;)

So in your example you would have to roll 3 times for your Wych and if you fail any one of them you have to take the Injury Roll.

By the time you do your Injury Roll to determine whether your model suffered a Flesh Wound or not the whole sequence is already done. It restores 1 wound but the shots are gone and don't come back.

Immediately once the enemy Leader got taken out of action in the Fight phase by one of your models.

Yes, of course! Command points are an important part of Kill Team in Matched play as well. On page 64 it doesn't restrict Command points and Tactics to any game type. It simply says "When you choose a Battle-forged kill team, you gain access to Command Points. These can be spent to utilise Tactics, each of which represents a tactical asset available to your kill team." Later on the same page when it says "If you are playing an open play or narrative play game, you may choose to use the Command Point rules [...]" it means that while in Matched play it's a core mechanic in the other two game types you may decide to not use them if your opponent agrees.

So:

Matched Play -> Yes, always

Narrative Play -> Yes, unless you and your opponent don't want to

Open Play -> Yes, unless you and your opponent don't want to

Archived