Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ferrum Aeternum

Iron Hands Primaris Conversion

• Please log in to reply
212 replies to this topic

KrautScientist

KrautScientist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,822 posts
  • Faction: World Eaters

Well, IHs got nerfd, I'm out.

Fun fact, though: When I read about the nerf and saw internet awash with - possibly even justified?! - ridicule for people who had just painted their Ultramarines black, my first actual concern was to ask myself what this might mean for your extraordinary army -- very glad to hear you're hanging in there! Plus I can sympathise -- us World Eaters know a little something about being let down by GW ;)

Seriously, though: Please keep doing what you're doing! :)

• PowerHungryMonkey likes this

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,553 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company

Nah, never, bionics for life, keep on going till im more machine than man. Like the thread says, Ferrum Aeternum!

You're a man after my own heart. The hobby and the fun will always trump the rules, every single time. Besides, if you abandoned this army I'd have to find you and glue your face to your hobby desk.

The good news is that GW ebbs and flows with power. We've all experienced the highs and lows of GW rules writing.

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

PowerHungryMonkey

PowerHungryMonkey

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 262 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands

Heheh, fair call Cryptix. Just felt like poking fun at all the stupid posts on FB I've seen wingeing this week about the FAQ. And Kraut, the army was never in danger. I don't even play, why the heck would I care about a silly thing like "rules" or "table legal" or "Codex compliant"?

May the Glorious Iron Tenth march for another ten thousand years!

Edited by PowerHungryMonkey, 02 March 2020 - 07:38 AM.

• PeteySödes, Amadeo, Gederas and 3 others like this

Grey, however, failed to capture the ape. It escaped to France where it murdered a rich widow and was hanged.

Ferrum Aeternum - Truescale Iron Hands Army

Saga of the Lost - Feral Space Wolves Army

Monkey Business - PHM's Random Works and Past Projects

Ryltar Thamior

Ryltar Thamior

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 671 posts

You're a man after my own heart. The hobby and the fun will always trump the rules, every single time. Besides, if you abandoned this army I'd have to find you and glue your face to your hobby desk.

The good news is that GW ebbs and flows with power. We've all experienced the highs and lows of GW rules writing.

A brief moment of silence for those of us who may actually have glued our faces (etc.) to our hobby-desks in the past due to ... prolongued periods at work For The Emperor. 

But seriously; great log, and some highly innovative use of the Primaris range to make really cool stuff; that often manages to feel a lot more 'true' to 40k in the older sense than some of the actual places GW's taken the range more recently. Well done. 

Vox Stellarum efforts:
The Unyielding Adamanticores [truescale Astartes, auxilia, and sectorial AdMech; M37/38]
The Haunting Harii of Hvergelmir [truescale Astartes ... and associates] 
The Unification Wars [truescale Thunder Warriors, (Proto-)Astartes, Army of Unification, Aegyptian-style Proto-Mechanicus raiders, etc.] 
Combat Archaeology [Tomb Raiding for Fun & Prophet] 
Horus Heresy [truescale loyalist IVth, VIIIth; Agents of the Sigillite; VIth; and so much more; and Umbral's amazing Traitors] 
The Worlds-Wide Webway [(Dark) Eldar, Imperial Inquisition, an a-maze-ing realmweave of fear and wondermeant]
Thorian Inquisition [some rather different Inquisitorial Storm Troopers, true-scale Fire Hawks, Black Dragon, Inquisitor and associates, etc.] 
For Whom The Great Bell Tolls Thrice [attempts to put the 'priest' back in 'tech-priest' with more-medieval mechanicus] 
InquisiNecronMunda [the log that incepted it all - at least two Inquisitors, truescale Deathwatch, local enforcers, cultists, etc.] 

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,154 posts

Fun fact, though: When I read about the nerf and saw internet awash with - possibly even justified?! - ridicule for people who had just painted their Ultramarines black, my first actual concern was to ask myself what this might mean for your extraordinary army -- very glad to hear you're hanging in there! Plus I can sympathise -- us World Eaters know a little something about being let down by GW msn-wink.gif

Seriously, though: Please keep doing what you're doing! smile.png

Mate, there's a difference between us Chaos (Especially the World Eaters, Emperor's Children and Night Lords) players being let down by GW's rules writing team, and GW taking a bat to the knees of a super overpowered force laugh.png

Now.... PowerHungryMonkey, any more slick conversions to show off? laugh.png

Edited by Gederas, 02 March 2020 - 05:48 PM.

• KrautScientist and PowerHungryMonkey like this

PowerHungryMonkey

PowerHungryMonkey

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 262 posts

Fun fact, though: When I read about the nerf and saw internet awash with - possibly even justified?! - ridicule for people who had just painted their Ultramarines black, my first actual concern was to ask myself what this might mean for your extraordinary army -- very glad to hear you're hanging in there! Plus I can sympathise -- us World Eaters know a little something about being let down by GW msn-wink.gif

Seriously, though: Please keep doing what you're doing! smile.png

Mate, there's a difference between us Chaos (Especially the World Eaters, Emperor's Children and Night Lords) players being let down by GW's rules writing team, and GW taking a bat to the knees of a super overpowered force laugh.png

Now.... PowerHungryMonkey, any more slick conversions to show off? laugh.png

I think you mean arrow...

Alas, no more hobby at the moment. I've got those Dev's sitting there all armless, headless and sad but I just can't work up the mental strength to start chopping into terminator arms to get the posing right. I'm kinda hoping I can magically scrounge 3-4 sets of Suppressor arms to make it easier but while they're still only available in Shadowspear I think that's a looooong shot.

I've also tried to catch up on a lot of shows I've not yet watched or half started and thus hobby has taken a back seat. When I finish this season of Mind Hunter, and The Boys and Altered Carbon and Sabrina, plus there's more Umbrella Academy out soon, and Haunting of Hill House and.... hmmm. TV = procrastination.

There will certainly be more to come, I've got a few Thallaxii still to build for my 'Intercessor' squad plus a funky sarge idea, may jump on them instead. Soon.

Cheers

PHM

• Ryltar Thamior likes this

Grey, however, failed to capture the ape. It escaped to France where it murdered a rich widow and was hanged.

PowerHungryMonkey

PowerHungryMonkey

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 262 posts

Been very quiet on the hobby front recently, just a bit of a lack of mojo. But to live up to my word and prove I haven't dropped the Hands due to rule-related hobbling, here's a few pics:

gallery_115548_14900_594392.jpg

The Devastator Sarge has had a bit of work. He now sports a dashing neck ornament along with a backpack-mounted storm bolter.

gallery_115548_14900_532113.jpg

gallery_115548_14900_471755.jpg

The Techmarine has also had a little work just to bring him up to finished. Added the targeter to the Beamer and a the backpack wires. He now looks very much like my other Conversion Beamer Techmarine.

And just for funsies, here's all the Techmarines and Iron Fathers together:

gallery_115548_14900_582448.jpg

They're rather impressive altogether I feel.

As you can see, very little work done to the Iron Hands. Some of this is due to apathy, but mostly its coz my brain has finally thrown up and idea for another project that has stuck and really taken hold. Its all in the mental stage at the moment while I gather funds and bitz but lets just say its about as far from the IHs as you can go while still being an Imperial Space Marine. More when this develops.

I'm not dropping the bionic boys at all but progess will slow considerably while funds are being channeled elsewhere. Still plenty of ideas for these guys before they get paked in.

Cheers

PHM

• Trokair, Llagos_Tyrant, KrautScientist and 6 others like this

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,825 posts
  • Faction: Warriors of Mayhem/Iron Hands

Really digging the Devastator sergeant, the pose and various bits of equipment are spot on.

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,817 posts
  • Faction: TODESKOMPANIE
Looking great as always.

Any advice on sculpting cogs on top of the armor ?

In darkness I am light. In times of doubt my faith is strong. In fits of rage I hone my craft. In vengeance no mercy is given. I have no fear. In the face of death I show no remorse.

=][=my 40k blog:https://greenblowfly.../alan-seds.html - Terminus Est - Space Marines 247=][=

wc.jpg

Blood and Honor!

PowerHungryMonkey

PowerHungryMonkey

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 262 posts

Looking great as always.

Any advice on sculpting cogs on top of the armor ?

Yeah, don't sculpt biggrin.png I've used flexible decals from Zinge Industries. They work a treat. I've been using them all over the place on these guys.

Thanks to both you and Pearson. Its comments like that that keep me sticking to this army despite all the shiny that comes out of GW each month.

In other news, Project "Not IHs" has had its first purchase. Gotta source some bitz but hopefully something new will be hitting the WIP forums soon.

• Black Blow Fly likes this

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,817 posts
  • Faction: TODESKOMPANIE

Thanks for the link !

In darkness I am light. In times of doubt my faith is strong. In fits of rage I hone my craft. In vengeance no mercy is given. I have no fear. In the face of death I show no remorse.

=][=my 40k blog:https://greenblowfly.../alan-seds.html - Terminus Est - Space Marines 247=][=

wc.jpg

Blood and Honor!

KrautScientist

KrautScientist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,822 posts
  • Faction: World Eaters

Man, that group picture is really awesome! What a collection of mean cyborg dudes! ;)

I do have one nitpick, though, and one that rears its ugly head when looking at that group picture: Somehow the head on that Abaddon conversion seems a tad too small, like it's almost a bit lost within that massive body? I cannot help wondering whether something like the slightly bulkier rebreather head from the second guy from the left would maybe work better in combination with that massive body?!

Anyway, keep up the fantastic work! :)

PowerHungryMonkey

PowerHungryMonkey

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 262 posts

Man, that group picture is really awesome! What a collection of mean cyborg dudes! msn-wink.gif

I do have one nitpick, though, and one that rears its ugly head when looking at that group picture: Somehow the head on that Abaddon conversion seems a tad too small, like it's almost a bit lost within that massive body? I cannot help wondering whether something like the slightly bulkier rebreather head from the second guy from the left would maybe work better in combination with that massive body?!

Anyway, keep up the fantastic work! smile.png

Thanks Kraut.

I know what you're saying about the head. It is smaller than a marine head. Its off the Kataphron kits. Its such a great head but I've been loath to use it before because of its size. When I tried it on power armoured guys it looked seriously wrong. Funny thing is tho, when I tried a whole heap of other heads on the Abaddon body they all looked too big or just plain wrong. The only one that looked right was the one thats there. I don't get it but it felt right. The actual Abaddon head is pretty small too but the top-knot makes it look larger. I don't know if its the modifide chest plate on him my guy or what but nothing else worked. I think it also makes him look even larger and more hulking.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Iron Hands, Primaris, Conversion

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1), Chaos Moomin