I keeblerartillery rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete the following as a primary vow: 10 primaris intercessors and 5 primaris hellblasters on or before November 30th, 2018. Should I bring honour to the Carmine Blades I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

gallery_70131_10318_140693.jpg

gallery_70131_10318_177706.jpg

I also finished them during the outage :)

gallery_70131_10318_579238.jpg

Vow complete

gallery_92746_14190_252666.jpg

Exquisite work, well done! Really neat and great attention to detail. I like the shadow on his head too. Were the blood drops green stuff and if so, easy to achieve?

In the meantime you've earned this:

gallery_62972_14467_3723.jpg

Anything else you're working on this side of the end of November? Feel free to vow that :)

I Spyros rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete the following as a primary vow: one Drop Pod on or before November 30th, 2018. Should I bring honour to the Blood Angels I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

What a lovely must-have badge! Got to help those Death Company get to enemies' throats as fast as possible, hence out of my pile of shame I pulled a Drop Pod, our fastest means of travel... 

Some Drop Pods were bought soon after their first appearance, editions ago... never got to build them. So, it's also the perfect model for the spirit of this painting event!

It's also not too ambitious because I 'm in the middle of reorganizing/completing/correcting/repainting my 1st company Archangel Terminators.

Welcome to the event Spyros, happy to have you onboard :)

The badges are a must-have, yes :wink: and you're right, a Drop Pod in the pile of shame is a suitable choice. Hope you can get it done on time - same scheme as your Land Raider?

I,Escaflowne_Z, rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete the following as a primary vow: Death Company squad of seven members and transport Razorback on or before November 30th, 2018. Should I bring honour to the Blood Angels, I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

med_gallery_17039_6112_255342.jpg

Welcome to the event and welcome back to the B&C :)

Sadly I'm not familiar with your work, so I'm looking forward to what you come up with :) From a modelling point of view, will you be adding chainswords to those bolter DC? Only, it's something I plan on doing with mine - either using the chainswords from the Burning of Propero box or putting a bit of green stuff around some other ones to hang them in place.

My fire raptor!

gallery_70131_10318_106539.jpg

gallery_70131_10318_42604.jpg

gallery_70131_10318_140633.jpg

gallery_70131_10318_65356.jpg

Stunning work. For some reason though, I always expect more white? Anyway, you can ditch the 2015 and this year's DC badge if you wish :smile.:

I keeblerartillery rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete the following as a primary vow: 10 primaris intercessors and 5 primaris hellblasters on or before November 30th, 2018. Should I bring honour to the Carmine Blades I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

gallery_70131_10318_140693.jpg

gallery_70131_10318_177706.jpg

I also finished them during the outage :smile.:

gallery_70131_10318_579238.jpg

Cheeky :laugh.: First off I'll allow it, however, you're missing four heads... were those Marines not included in the vow?

Also, what beer is that in the entry picture?

Thanks Jole. The blood drops were a bit of a pain. He has fast become one of my favorite models. To answer your question I was also working on a dreadnought and sanguinary guard. The SG are too far gone, but I'll throw up a WIP of my DC dread to check for eligibility.

Edit: uploaded picture of dread.

gallery_92746_14190_462326.jpg

Welcome to the event Spyros, happy to have you onboard :smile.:

The badges are a must-have, yes :wink: and you're right, a Drop Pod in the pile of shame is a suitable choice. Hope you can get it done on time - same scheme as your Land Raider?

I 'm starting early (hopefully I 'll finish early) 'cause I 'll be traveling for Halloween.

Yes, I 'll use the same style of painting, if I change now it will look like a different army! LOL

The only difference is that due to the nature of the pod, the interior will be less white and more metallic.

No posts in the (event) horizon...

I guess I have to fill the gap...

Vow work in progress, good progress in fact! Assembly went well, except that the Storm-bolter can't rotate any more by accident :(

Look Jolemai! White interior in pod too!

RTS2018 vow1 Wip

I Arkhanist wish to requite my past failings and recover my honour by completing my failed vow of 14 Death Company and Lemartes from ETL VI on or before November 30th, 2018. During this time I shall wear the insignia of the Death Company, only to be cast aside once my shame is finally avenged.

Now the forum is back up, it's time for my shamed Death Company to come back - I wasn't quite sure what loadout I'd pledged for ETL. I was very unhappy with the way my black was coming out, after several different attempts. I was trying to be clever with an airbrushed gradient, which played merry hell with correcting edge highlight failures. Still ended up too grey for me, and trying to fix that with nuln oil destroyed the edge highlights and graduation, and still was too grey! Then I got promoted* at work, my toddlers got ill and free time went all to hell so I ended up stopping coming here for a few months.

This last couple of weeks I've done a fair bit of work on some genestealer cultists - something completely different - to get my hand back in and build a bit of confidence. I have a new magnification visor, new brushes, new paint and this time I'm going to stick to a much simpler GW style all-over near-black + edge highlight. Time is going to be tight though; I've got about 3 days per marine, which at my normal rate is maybe 2 hours a marine. I will have to find some more time in the next 6 weeks to get it done. Wish me luck!

Here's where I'm at. Some of the detail is already kinda filled, so these guys are likely going in the Biostrip before doing black scheme v4, depending on how I do for time with the other 10.

WAKoM2X.jpg

And the rest:

F9mF0gq.jpg

* It's still technically a promotion if you get more work and more responsibilities but no budget or authority, right?

Thanks Jole. The blood drops were a bit of a pain. He has fast become one of my favorite models. To answer your question I was also working on a dreadnought and sanguinary guard. The SG are too far gone, but I'll throw up a WIP of my DC dread to check for eligibility.

Sorry, I thought I'd answered this. FWIW he was probably too close to completion (seeing as it took you maybe three days to complete in the end?) Perhaps you'd like to follow up something else? :)

Vow work in progress, good progress in fact! Assembly went well, except that the Storm-bolter can't rotate any more by accident :sad.:

That looks great :ohmy.: How did you tackle the harness? Did you construct it and then paint it, or paint it individually and glue it afterwards? Trying to find the time to work on mine at the moment...

Sloooowly, but coming about:

gallery_105306_14251_50750.jpg

Looking menacing :tu:

I Arkhanist wish to requite my past failings and recover my honour by completing my failed vow of 14 Death Company and Lemartes from ETL VI on or before November 30th, 2018. During this time I shall wear the insignia of the Death Company, only to be cast aside once my shame is finally avenged.

Now the forum is back up, it's time for my shamed Death Company to come back - I wasn't quite sure what loadout I'd pledged for ETL. I was very unhappy with the way my black was coming out, after several different attempts. I was trying to be clever with an airbrushed gradient, which played merry hell with correcting edge highlight failures. Still ended up too grey for me, and trying to fix that with nuln oil destroyed the edge highlights and graduation, and still was too grey! Then I got promoted* at work, my toddlers got ill and free time went all to hell so I ended up stopping coming here for a few months.

This last couple of weeks I've done a fair bit of work on some genestealer cultists - something completely different - to get my hand back in and build a bit of confidence. I have a new magnification visor, new brushes, new paint and this time I'm going to stick to a much simpler GW style all-over near-black + edge highlight. Time is going to be tight though; I've got about 3 days per marine, which at my normal rate is maybe 2 hours a marine. I will have to find some more time in the next 6 weeks to get it done. Wish me luck!

Here's where I'm at. Some of the detail is already kinda filled, so these guys are likely going in the Biostrip before doing black scheme v4, depending on how I do for time with the other 10.

fodUPKQhayp_DVKhnC-uImZ7BAGOJEHKye5TDHJC

And the rest:

i_DlIKYjceO73_8sffAp68aL1u19JVo12kNf8hb3

* It's still technically a promotion if you get more work and more responsibilities but no budget or authority, right?

Thanks for checking in and giving us an image update :thumbsup: I've already got your vow logged and it will be great to see them complete. It is a lot to get done but should you blast through the basecoat stage (which I gather is doable with an airbrush) then that will give you lots of time for the bling...

(grats on the promotion!)

Hidden Content

I've actually lost hope when the forum was down for so long and finished the models I had left from the ETL. I deserve the DC badge. :sweat:

Pics!

But I don't have any before pics to prove I've actually worked on them for the event. :ermm:

It's your ETL vow so we have them already :wink:

Well if that's the case ... time to take some pics once I'm home early enough to get some daylight again (so probably sunday the earliest lol) :biggrin.:

In case there's been some confusion, I'm just going to put this into writing for everyone's benefit (and without the event fluff that I often write alongside it):

• If a Frater fails their ETL vow then that same vow is automatically entered into the RTS. This is mentioned during the ETL (for ETL VI it was mentioned at the start, during, and end of the event)
  • There's no malice or whatever in this so please don't be offended; it's simply a method of joining the B&C events together with some BA fluff. It's also because we really, really, want to see your work finished :)
  • The RTS is a casual event: it's up to you if you want to participate regardless of how you've been entered. However, it is hoped and anticipated that a Frater will take part

Sorry, I thought I'd answered this. FWIW he was probably too close to completion (seeing as it took you maybe three days to complete in the end?) Perhaps you'd like to follow up something else? :)

Between studying and going back and forth to the hospital for clinical work I was able to get a lot done.

I've been meaning to throw some completed pictures up. Highlights were rough, i added some oil/grease coloration to the pistons, had to paint the guns and give them burned effects and some other Tid- bits I had been working on him throughout the down time of the site being down also, that's probably why I finished him so fast.

I,Escaflowne_Z, rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete the following as a primary vow: Death Company squad of seven members and transport Razorback on or before November 30th, 2018. Should I bring honour to the Blood Angels, I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

med_gallery_17039_6112_255342.jpg

Welcome to the event and welcome back to the B&C :)

Sadly I'm not familiar with your work, so I'm looking forward to what you come up with :) From a modelling point of view, will you be adding chainswords to those bolter DC? Only, it's something I plan on doing with mine - either using the chainswords from the Burning of Propero box or putting a bit of green stuff around some other ones to hang them in place.

I will not be adding any additional chainswords. Those two lads will happily be "counts as" with chainswords.

Progress update: metals and reds are done for all models. On to greens once i get home from this business trip tonight.

Vow work in progress, good progress in fact! Assembly went well, except that the Storm-bolter can't rotate any more by accident :sad.:

That looks great :ohmy.: How did you tackle the harness? Did you construct it and then paint it, or paint it individually and glue it afterwards? Trying to find the time to work on mine at the moment..,

The harnesses were painted before attachment to (the painted) central column, it's the only way.

Any updates folks? Have to admit I'm finding my Pods hard work!

Are you planning on magnetizing the doors?

No need on mine as they don't flap around :)

Originally I wanted the central column and harnesses magnetised as I often use them as Lucius Pod proxies, but this has happened less and less this edition so I don't think I'll bother.

The main problem I'm finding (besides time) is that I'm having to go over everything - for example, I've changed/improved my silver approach and each Pod has taken three evenings each to do just the external silver!

Archived