Congratulations @Spyros, that's one excellent looking Pod! You've certainly earned a little something for your signature!

Still time for another vow :whistling::whistling:

Thank you. It's just basic colours in nice thick layers...

I 'm afraid all other models suitable for vow would take me beyond the deadline and I would lose the badge :)

I will however post all my Archangels at a later stage.

I decided last night to try and rein in my perfectionism heavily and stop faffing about with graduating my red if I'm going to have any hope of finishing. Still, stopping fiddling on that leaves 7 just needing all over edge highlighting, power weapon glows* and black cleanup and they're done, and another 5 coming along. Any interest in in-progress pics, or should I wait til a batch is fully finished?

* Still waiting on my airbrush parts, goddamn paypal doing it as an echeque taking 10 days to clear.

I 9x19 Parabellum (previously known as Rocmistro)

rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete the following as a primary vow: 1 Blood Angels Chaplain Venerable Dreadnought (using a regular dreadnought body and various Blood Angel conversion bits) and the following secondary vows: Finishing my Storm Raven, including decals, base and optional weapons, on or before November 30th, 2018. Should I bring honour to the Blood Angels, will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUSbadge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

Just need a starting picture and then you're good to go :thumbsup:

Updated to here

Inside the final month folks! Best get cracking with those vows!

Hey Jolemai:

Here's the pic of the partially assembled dread (in pieces) and the receipt from yesterday's purchase with the date circled:

gallery_95196_14997_51953.jpg

And here's the progress as of this morning. (sorry for the graininess, my phone camera lens is cracked):

gallery_95196_14997_136249.jpg

Infinitely better :wink:

It's interesting that they don't appear off from a scale point of view either. Thanks for the WIP!

Actually in some cases it depends on the angle. The new Primaris bald heads seem larger than those with any hair. The most important factor with the non-issue heads for Scouts is that they do have any kind of neck, That gives a lot. The figure itself is still rather short and stocky but less ape-ish.

Here is another shot with more new faces. I actually left one guy with the standard head. The one with the black undercoat on the said head. Among the crowd he doesn't look so bad. Also 2 metal ones get to keep their own heads, but those are smaller and so look much better anyway.

gallery_105306_14251_1367854.jpg

And a group shot:

gallery_105306_14251_34909.jpg

I actually started doing some random actions, so:

1. Scouts got new heads and those parts of their armor that got red paint got also shading.

2. Aggressors got their heads almost done (eyes left and maybe one more highlight) as that was needed in order to assemble them. Shading is also 99% completed. Then I decided to base them...

3. ... so I based the Scouts as well.

4. In the meantime I also started applying metalics to the boltguns and bolt pistols...

5. ... and this work spilled out also to the devastators (which for now still got their helmets red).

So some randomness of actions, but it kept me painting and I'm happy with the progress :smile.:

Ok so here's the secondary part of my vow, my incomplete Stormraven:

gallery_95196_14997_1126237.jpg

gallery_95196_14997_847805.jpg

gallery_95196_14997_1706204.jpg

gallery_95196_14997_1442147.jpg

It may not look like it, but I have a lot of detail work to do. Edge highlighting over the whole thing, exhaust lines near the intakes and engines, and finishing the blood angel icons, the land gears, the disembark plates, and the "headlights" on the front, as well as all the inset glowy lights and such, and, of course, decals & transfers.

rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete the following as a primary vow: 1 Blood Angels Stormraven Gunship on or before November 30th, 2018. Should I bring honour to the Blood Angels, will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUSbadge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

gallery_95196_14997_1216341.jpg

gallery_95196_14997_1036450.jpg

So just to recap, that's 2 primary vows:

1 Venerable Chaplain Dread (completed)

1 Stormraven Gunship (just purchased)

And 1 secondary vow:

1 Stormraven Gunship (almost done).

Airbrush parts to repair mine finally collected from the depot at last! 

I now have a frankenbrush, with the guts, trigger and grip of an xtreme 105, the body of a standard 105* and a fine needle set (which I think is the one in a standard 105) Yes, I should have picked a standard 105 in the first place, lesson learned. All ready to have a go at the power weapons. Then onto the black edge highlighting, cleanup and faces, varnish then metals and jewels. If all goes well (crosses fingers) I should have this half of my vow done by end of the weekend.

* The PAC screw on the xtreme 105 was very loose (too small for the hole I think) and leaked substantial air, while achieving nothing of value. I like the taller trigger and finger rest though, and when you're paying the same Birthday discount price for either, I was lured by the xtreme coating...

rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete the following as a primary vow: 1 Blood Angels Chaplain Venerable Dreadnought (using a regular dreadnought body and various Blood Angel conversion bits) and the following secondary vows: Finishing my Storm Raven, including decals, base and optional weapons, on or before November 30th, 2018. Should I bring honour to the Blood Angels, will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUSbadge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

Just need a starting picture and then you're good to go :thumbsup:

Updated to here

Inside the final month folks! Best get cracking with those vows!

Hey Jolemai:

Here's the pic of the partially assembled dread (in pieces) and the receipt from yesterday's purchase with the date circled:

gallery_95196_14997_51953.jpg

And here's the progress as of this morning. (sorry for the graininess, my phone camera lens is cracked):

gallery_95196_14997_136249.jpg

Chaplain Venerable Dread finished:

gallery_95196_14997_67246.jpg

gallery_95196_14997_36546.jpg

gallery_95196_14997_30497.jpg

gallery_95196_14997_1273.jpg

I particularly like how the assault cannon conversion turned out, fitted to the armature of the forearm

EDIT: Adding a few more shots, this time with the flash turned on, to help pick out the details of the blood drops and such...

gallery_95196_14997_24468.jpg

gallery_95196_14997_27569.jpg

gallery_95196_14997_41994.jpg

Ok so here's the secondary part of my vow, my incomplete Stormraven:

gallery_95196_14997_1126237.jpg

gallery_95196_14997_847805.jpg

gallery_95196_14997_1706204.jpg

gallery_95196_14997_1442147.jpg

It may not look like it, but I have a lot of detail work to do. Edge highlighting over the whole thing, exhaust lines near the intakes and engines, and finishing the blood angel icons, the land gears, the disembark plates, and the "headlights" on the front, as well as all the inset glowy lights and such, and, of course, decals & transfers.

Thanks for the updates, your Chaplain Dreadnought is a really great conversion and certainly food for thought given the FW model is now OOP. I'll echo Charlo with the plaudits for the assault cannon too :smile.:

That Stormraven is looking great too and I especially like the red. What's left to do there, is it just the highlights?

rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete the following as a primary vow: 1 Blood Angels Stormraven Gunship on or before November 30th, 2018. Should I bring honour to the Blood Angels, will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUSbadge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

gallery_95196_14997_1216341.jpg

gallery_95196_14997_1036450.jpg

So just to recap, that's 2 primary vows:

1 Venerable Chaplain Dread (completed)

1 Stormraven Gunship (just purchased)

And 1 secondary vow:

1 Stormraven Gunship (almost done).

As per the event rules, I can't log your second pledge until your entire first pledge is completed (i.e the Primary and Secondary component) - so get cracking with finishing that red Stormraven!

Airbrush parts to repair mine finally collected from the depot at last! 

I now have a frankenbrush, with the guts, trigger and grip of an xtreme 105, the body of a standard 105* and a fine needle set (which I think is the one in a standard 105) Yes, I should have picked a standard 105 in the first place, lesson learned. All ready to have a go at the power weapons. Then onto the black edge highlighting, cleanup and faces, varnish then metals and jewels. If all goes well (crosses fingers) I should have this half of my vow done by end of the weekend.

* The PAC screw on the xtreme 105 was very loose (too small for the hole I think) and leaked substantial air, while achieving nothing of value. I like the taller trigger and finger rest though, and when you're paying the same Birthday discount price for either, I was lured by the xtreme coating...

Link's borked but I'm glad to hear you've sorted your airbrush problems :smile.: because...

Updated to here - inside the final three weeks of the event!

"Squeaky bum time" here as I'm still painting Drop Pod internals :ermm::wacko.:

How's everyone else getting on?

Definitely some buttock clenching going on. Apologies for the potato camera, will do proper shots at the end.

Where I was on Saturday with frankenbrush assembled: (hopefully this link works!)

6TP2n3X.jpg

And just now.

qCjYc2z.jpg

Completely redid the white wings and chapter icons as it was looking too blue to be worth finishing. Was missing a bunch of ropes and purity seals all over, so they're done. Power weapons done, first time using an airbrush, quite pleased with them even if probably took twice as long as doing it with a hairy stick. (Scale 75 does not play well in an airbrush, for me).

Need to finish off the faces, final detail round the power weapons, then onto the black and metals - keep saying that, will eventually be true! Man, there's a lot of fiddy details on DC, and it takes 10 times longer than I think it's going to.

Still doable to do another 8 in the time remaining I think, given I've got this far from scratch on these 7 in the last 4 weeks, but i'm going to have to pick up the pace even further. At least I've finally dialled in my schemes, so that should speed things up.

(edit: updated image links)

For me it's going slow. 

Scouts got their first and possibly final highlight on the armor (I want to keep them toned down a bit compared to the fully-fledged Astartes, similar to what Luther did on his Raptors)

Still need to do their non-armored parts and belts, pouches etc, and faces

Aggressors are still not completely assembled and only started first highlights on the armor.

I'd say that I'm half way done as "final touches" always take the longest to complete.

Stormraven 1 is done and I'll be putting up pics tonight.

Bird 2 is well on it's way but still much to do. However, it will be done by Friday, as that's the date of the big event and I HAVE to have it done by then.

Pics please! A WIP of your second bird would be brilliant too :) Will it also be red?

"Squeaky bum time" here as I'm still painting Drop Pod internals :ermm::wacko.:

Definitely some buttock clenching going on. Apologies for the potato camera, will do proper shots at the end.

Where I was on Saturday with frankenbrush assembled: (hopefully this link works!)

uRnHAaWNI9qlmRY6tHG9wRMUdZ7DNhhjqAuFvXq7

And just now.

nxFwaIHL87xaIhOHFs7HkzLgM4xPAWjOVqhKH5a3

Completely redid the white wings and chapter icons as it was looking too blue to be worth finishing. Was missing a bunch of ropes and purity seals all over, so they're done. Power weapons done, first time using an airbrush, quite pleased with them even if probably took twice as long as doing it with a hairy stick. (Scale 75 does not play well in an airbrush, for me).

Need to finish off the faces, final detail round the power weapons, then onto the black and metals - keep saying that, will eventually be true! Man, there's a lot of fiddy details on DC, and it takes 10 times longer than I think it's going to.

Still doable to do another 8 in the time remaining I think, given I've got this far from scratch on these 7 in the last 4 weeks, but i'm going to have to pick up the pace even further. At least I've finally dialled in my schemes, so that should speed things up.

Aye, definitely doable and what you've shown so far is excellent. We're eager to see more! :tu:

I spagunk rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete the following as a primary vow: 1 sanguinary priest w/ plasma pistol on or before November 30th, 2018. Should I bring honour to the Blood Angels I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

gallery_40907_9492_11991.jpg

I spagunk rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete the following as a primary vow: 1 sanguinary priest w/ plasma pistol on or before November 30th, 2018. Should I bring honour to the Blood Angels I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

How are you getting on with this and where's the sword from?

Only...

Two Weeks to go!

10 days to go I think - they need to be done by end of Friday 30th local time? Or is the deadline a specific time on Friday?

Low stress challenge, uuuhuh. First batch of 7 is basically done, just need more bases. 2nd batch assembled, primed and red airbrushed, pre shade. Balancing the red with a hairy stick took me like 4 nights on the first round, did them on these in an hour with the airbrush so still hope to make it! Red is darker in the flesh, it's pure mephiston as the highlight.

rYybqyn.jpg

How are you getting on with this and where's the sword from?

Only...

Two Weeks to go!

Terrible and horrible. Barely have anything done! :rolleyes: :laugh.::tongue.:

gallery_40907_9492_515582.jpg

I am very close to being done with my Death Company squad.  Razorback is done, and I am down to touching up the black where the paintbrush slipped.  Pics will have to wait until the weekend, as that retail management life owns my soul this week. 

Vow Completed:

gallery_40907_9492_145859.jpg

gallery_40907_9492_41394.jpggallery_40907_9492_105906.jpg

gallery_40907_9492_846384.jpg

Not gluing the front piece to the main body was a mistake even if it meant not getting the dangling chain on his groin done properly. The lines on the sides are too much for me.

Archived