Rumour engine tracker sticky post

Jarl Caldersson

The rumour engine has been a great way to give GW publicity, and it generates great discussion. However we are now running into the issue that the rumours are hard to keep track of. I suggest a sticky post with the rumour and the solution. I don't care if I have to do it from scratch but I've noticed that there has been some confusion as to what is solved and what isn't. I believe this would resolve this issue and enable an easier time to track the rumours.

I don't see the rumor engine topics as universal enough in interest to warrant taking up space at the top of the forum via a sticky topic - that's just another topic to scroll past. For those that are really interested in the rumor engine discussions, can't you just use a combination of tags? Perhaps each rumor engine topic could have the "Rumor Engine" tag. When an image is solved, the "Solved" tag could be added. That way, all you have to do to find all rumor engine discussions is click on the "Rumor Engine" tag; and the "Solved" tag (or lack thereof) will identify the status of the discussion.

Tags would be a great way to do this, but the main issue is really down to GW. This is a marketing tool by GW and not designed to be good for anyone but them - otherwise they'd just announce the product :P

If each N&R post is updated with the full reveal (which I know has happened in the past) that would keep each one self contained and complete. I'm afraid that the rumour engines aren't that important so don't warrant a sticky, but there's nothing stopping a compilation topic if someone is willing to maintain it.

Archived