Forge World return problem

Bat33.1

Hi looking for advice here please. I returned an order to Forge World for refund and the courier marked it delivered 8 days ago on Monday 3rd at 11.30am but forge world don't know where it is. The courier was asked for details and checked their logs which showed the driver at GW and a signature was taken but FW have done nothing. They say they've emailed other departments to locate it, tell me they will get back to me and don't bother. They've had the courier invoice, tracking number and email response all forwarded but I am getting nowhere.

Obviously the courier insurance will be useless because they say they have proof of delivery and FW seem unable to make an effort to locate it. So I am currently £409 out of pocket and getting just a bit annoyed.

Any advice on how to escalate this to get it resolved?

What courier was it?

Yodel/MyHermes have a bad habit of faking signatures.

How long have you been waiting for response from FW?

You've forwarded the name and signature of the person that received it to FW so they can identify, right?

Call them.

Indeed, calling FW is better by orders of magnitude so if possible you should call them up as soon as you can rather than email. As Xenith says this is a failure of the delivery company so you need to explain to FW exactly what has happened (or rather; not) as despite this it is FW's responsibility to get your purchase to you, so it's only FW you can deal with to resolve this.

Write down some bullet points first of everything that has happened (including your dealings with FW that have not been responded to) so you can cover them easily during the call, as well as make it easy to understand for the FW staff (they have lost out here too, you're on the same side). Having your emails open for perusal would also be good to arm you with everything you need.

Archived