Your Adepta Sororitas war songs

Bjorn Firewalker

I know some Garbage songs that are perfect for certain situations:

"

" when your Sisters are raining boltshells and burning promethium on the enemy, "
" when they're pushing towards an Objective, "
" when they serve alongside the Inquisition and/or fight the forces of Chaos, and "
" when punishing wayward Sisters for losing their way (the lyric "Can't believe you'd fake it," referring to the wayward Sisters' faith in Chaos' false gods, of course).

Thoughts?

Honestly, you need ‘Deadly Sinners’ by 3 Inches of Blood in your life as a Sisters Player.

As the song is in the soundtracks of 'Tony Hawk's Underground 2' and 'Brutal Legend', did you kitbash Sisters on (what were once Space Marine) bikes and/or wielding electric guitars with integral combi-flamers, to go with the song?

I'm finding a lot of the posts rather tenuous in relation to Sisters, especially the last post (which I've removed). Please post music that relates to directly to the feel of Sisters, or I'll be prompted to close the topic. Edited by Aqui

I just had a morbid idea to rewrite the lyrics to "Someday My Prince Will Come", from Disney's Snow White, to better reflect an Adepta Sororitas member's true desire:

Someday my death will come,

Someday I'll prove my love,

And how thrilling that moment will be,

When honorable death finds me.

Standing at the Emp'ror's side,

Golden Throne shining bright,

Through Terra is far away,

I will prove my faith someday.

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

• 3 weeks later...

For a Sisters playlist? I'd recommend looking into E Nomine/Schlafes Bruder. They have quite a few songs that fit the Sisters, as a lot of their songs are using lyrics that are lifted from the bible, such as

and
and those that aren't using biblical passages for lyrics still have religious overtones like
Edited by Gederas

Loving this topic! So I'm an old-school anime fan (I mean...my handle is Crusher Joe...) and musically I'm all over the place.

Now this is pure 80s rock bliss, but I find myself humming Tommy Shaw's Girls With Guns while painting Sisters or making lists with them. This remaster of the original AMV of that song to the Dirty Pair is pure nostalgia for me.

Also, the chorus:

Stand tall, don't think small
Don't get your back against the wall
Shoot straight, I can't wait
Aim for the heart and fire away

Come to think about it, Kei's quote from one of the Dirty Pair novels also works for Sisters: "Explosions, infernos, a few thousand casualties here and there... and, incidentally, a solution to every case."

Big Bad WolfComanche and Iron Army -- all by In This Moment -- set the right tone. "Even in these chains you can't break me" woohoo! Also, I swore undying loyalty to Maria Brink many years ago...

Two Steps from Hell's Invincible album makes good Sisters theme music (well, pretty much any Two Steps from Hell does, really).

Let me think about it -- I'm happy to know I'm in the good company of fellow metalheads here (not that it's a surprise).

Edited by CrusherJoe

Now this is pure 80s rock bliss, but I find myself humming Tommy Shaw's

while painting Sisters or making lists with them. This remaster of the original AMV of that song to the Dirty Pair is pure nostalgia for me.

Also, the chorus:

Stand tall, don't think small

Don't get your back against the wall

Shoot straight, I can't wait

Aim for the heart and fire away

Come to think about it, Kei's quote from one of the Dirty Pair novels also works for Sisters: "Explosions, infernos, a few thousand casualties here and there... and, incidentally, a solution to every case."

Ah, a man of excellent taste!

• 2 months later...
Does anyone think Bebe Rexha's "
" (warning: language) is appropriate- maybe after some lyrics are rewritten, e.g., replace "crazy" with "devout" or "faithful"? It really suits Lady Inquisitor Tanya von Degurechaff, as demonstrated in this AMV:
Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

Does anyone think Bebe Rexha's "

" (warning: language) is appropriate- maybe after some lyrics are rewritten, e.g., replace "crazy" with "devout" or "faithful"? It really suits Lady Inquisitor Tanya von Degurechaff, as demonstrated in

Not bad :)

• 6 months later...

Mell's "

", used in the Black Lagoon anime, is a good war song- if you can tolerate the innuendo and the obscenities. "I have a big gun, I took it from My Lord!" is strangely appropriate as an opening line, don't you think?

MYTH & ROID's "

", from Overlord Season 3, is great- once you understand the singers use "eating" as an analogy for wars of conquest. (The light novels-turned-anime's protagonist is a lich- undying, like the God-Emperor- he no longer has a digestive system, a need to eat, or the ability to feel physical hunger.)

Missionary Man by Eurythmics. [When Taddeus drives 3 elite priests and 27 Arcos into a wall of enemies and tears it to pieces]

18 Wheeler by Pink [When Celestine just... keeps... getting... up... Again]

We belong/ Love is a Battlefield by Pat Benetar [First Martyrdom and the righteous wrath in its wake/ Deployment]

Crazy on You by Heart [Repentia slaughterfest]

Blueberry/ Wake up call by Lita Ford [Pious Vorne/ Seraphim]

Almost anything by Joan Jett, but especially Victim  of Circumstance and Hate Myself for Lovin You [mass BSS advance/ Sacred Rose overwatch death rain]

Sinead O' Connor! Troy, Jerusalem, Drink Before the War [character hand to hand/ same/ deployment and first turn]

Dua Lipa's "Swan Song", from the Alita: Battle Angel soundtrack, is a good choice, in my opinion. The lyrics are appropriate for a Sister of Battle.

What is the point

Of my lips if they don't make noise? Uh!

What is the point of doing nothing at all?

Watching it fall.

We will not stay quiet. We will not do nothing.

We will give voice to our faith. We will pray to the God-Emperor. We will fight on.

And we will PUNISH all enemies of the Imperium He built, for having the audacity to defy His will.

The flicker burning,

You know the time is runnin', runnin' out.

Only I see,

All the diamonds, diamonds breaking down.

I won't stay quiet, I won't stay quiet,

'Cause staying silent's the same as dying.

I won't stay quiet, the flicker's burning low.

This is not a, this is not a

Swan, swan song.

This is not a, this is not a

Swan, swan song.

We just gotta, we just gotta hold on tonight.

This is not a, this is not a swan song, swan song.

Swan dive.

Yeah, it's a new life

A new life at the God-Emperor's side. Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

• 2 weeks later...

Listen to Sabaton's The Last Stand and tell me you don't picture the Sister of Battle in your mind. I dare you. I double dare you.

I mean, it's about the Last Stand of the Papal Swiss Guard in the 1527 Sack of Rome, so.... yeah. A bunch of Catholic Bodyguards laying down their lives to save their leader? Fitting for the sisters :lol:

Magia was already mentioned in the OP but I feel Credens Justitiam might be the most Sororitas anime song in existence. Even if it's in a fictional language (inspired by Latin, mind) it really does call to mind the "avenging angels" image that accompanies the Battle Sisters.

Likewise, Mami's theme from the first movie, Mirai, sounds extremely Sisters-of-Battle-y, and even the Japanese lyrics are quite fitting. The song is about Mami no longer having fear because she isn't alone anymore, which if you replace Mami with a Battle Sister and Madoka and Sayaka with her fellow Sisters and belief in the Emperor, is poignant, uplifting and incredibly 40K.

And now I need to make a small Sisters army with colours and Canoness inspired by Mami Tomoe. :biggrin.:

Magia was already mentioned in the OP but I feel Credens Justitiam might be the most Sororitas anime song in existence. Even if it's in a fictional language (inspired by Latin, mind) it really does call to mind the "avenging angels" image that accompanies the Battle Sisters.

Likewise, Mami's theme from the first movie, Mirai, sounds extremely Sisters-of-Battle-y, and even the Japanese lyrics are quite fitting. The song is about Mami no longer having fear because she isn't alone anymore, which if you replace Mami with a Battle Sister and Madoka and Sayaka with her fellow Sisters and belief in the Emperor, is poignant, uplifting and incredibly 40K.

And now I need to make a small Sisters army with colours and Canoness inspired by Mami Tomoe. :biggrin.:

Will her head be magnetized? :P

Magia was already mentioned in the OP but I feel

might be the most Sororitas anime song in existence. Even if it's in a fictional language (inspired by Latin, mind) it really does call to mind the "avenging angels" image that accompanies the Battle Sisters.

Likewise, Mami's theme from the first movie,

, sounds extremely Sisters-of-Battle-y, and even the Japanese lyrics are quite fitting. The song is about Mami no longer having fear because she isn't alone anymore, which if you replace Mami with a Battle Sister and Madoka and Sayaka with her fellow Sisters and belief in the Emperor, is poignant, uplifting and incredibly 40K.

Will her head be magnetized?
No, but it's attached to an AdMech Skitarii Alpha body.

Poor Sister Superior Mami suffered grievous injuries when the Daemon Prince Charlotte destroyed her Leman Russ Vanquisher Tiro Finale. She hasn't allowed the tragic loss of her crew, or the fact augmetics have replaced 80% of her body, stop her from continuing to serve the God-Emperor's will.

And she will not accept the honor of martyrdom until she has punished the Daemon Prince for having the audacity to defile the God-Emperor's realm with its very existence.

I've always been a fan of music like Powerwolf for 40k related things.

A good song by Powerwolf:

The rhythm and the lyrics are most inspiring. The images in the video, though, make me think it's more appropriate for a Space Wolves army. Have you posted in the Your Anthems for your Company, your wolves thread?

The rhythm and the lyrics are most inspiring. The images in the video, though, make me think it's more appropriate for a Space Wolves army. Have you posted in the Your Anthems for your Company, your wolves thread?

I have not. It is more about the music than the random pictures that come with it though. I try to stay clear of Space Wolves. Cool army... but I'm not cool with warp tainted people. I like to purge them.:happy.:

• 2 weeks later...