Your Adepta Sororitas war songs

Bjorn Firewalker

Within Temptation's "A Demon's Fate".

Don't Homura and Madoka look like living embodiments of an Adepta Sororitas member's ideals?

Sisters of the light by Xandria.

Some of the lyrics could do with changing... such as instead of daughters of sin changed to daughters of him

? Good find!

That's really cool Slasher. My sisters army is called Nightfall after Xandria's song.

Did you create an original Order Militant, i.e., the "Order of the Nightfall"? What is its in-universe namesake? A "Battle of the Night's Fall" in which your Sisters defeated a Necron army and the Shard of the Nightbringer the soulless xenos brought to the field?

It's a splinter of Our Martyred Lady. Black and red, elites in black and black (night falling when they attack), or they will be when i get to paint them. Didn't really have a good back story, I like what you came up with. Mind if I use it and expand on it? My dream of plastics are about to come true.

It's a splinter of Our Martyred Lady. Black and red, elites in black and black (night falling when they attack)

How about black and midnight blue?

Didn't really have a good back story, I like what you came up with.

Thanks!

Mind if I use it and expand on it?

Go ahead! Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oooooh, good topic.

Let's see...so I've been an anime fan since...well, since the late 80s. As such, I'm a fan of The Dirty Pair, the Lovely Angels Key and Yuri, which are based on novels by the same man that created Crusher Joe...but I digress.

Anyway, Kei has what I think is one of the best quotes of all time:

"Explosions, infernos, a few thousand casualties here and there...and, incidentally, a solution to every case."

So what, if anything, does that have to do with Adepta Sororitas?

Well you see, there's a song by Tommy Shaw: Girls With Guns. It was one of the very, very first AMVs made waaaaay back at the dawn of time. And if Girls With Guns isn't Sisters song material, I don't know what is:

"Stand tall

Don't think small
Don't put your back
Against the wall
Shoot straight
Don't wait
Aim for the heart
And fire away"

But then (for whatever reason) I have to look to the works of Coheed & Cambria (woo boy, my favorite) and the song No World for Tomorrow:

"In the light we'll sing, as all hurt must bring
In the falling cusp of all broken things
In the coming dusk, you will call on us
And unite we must, I'm the Crowing, :censored:!"

But...lately...my tastes have wandered into harder stuff.

Which leads me to Arch Enemy.

I mean, then entire Will to Power album could be Sisters inspirational music. The first song is Set Flame to the NightDreams of Retribution and A Fight I Must Win...yup. That's music to purge heretics to. As is War Eternal. Nemesis. Under Black Flags We March. Have I mentioned I love Arch Enemy? No? Well...I do. :happy.:

Also, that reminds me that I need to codify Saint Ambellina as the patron of the Order of the Black Iris.
Edited by CrusherJoe

Gabriela Gunčíková's cover of "You Know My Name" is quite appropriate.

I've seen angels fall from blinding heights;

But you yourself are nothing so divine,

Just next in line.

Arm yourself because no-one else here will save you;

The odds will betray you,

And I will replace you.

You can't deny the prize, it may never fulfill you;

It longs to kill you;

Are you willing to die?

The coldest blood runs through my veins;

You know my name.

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

• 2 weeks later...

On SpaceBattles.com's Creative Writing Forum, Guardian Box wrote this "Let It Go" parody for Gremlin Jack's The Saga of Tanya the Evil fanfic:

The embers glow white in the trenches tonight

Not a survivor to be seen

A battlefield of devastation

And it looks like I'm the queen

The shells howling like this swirling mana inside

Didn't keep it in, heaven knows I haven't tried!

Don't hold back, let them all see

Be the devil you always wanted to be

Acquire target, release, let the world know

Enjoy how they explode!

Watch them blow! Watch them blow!

Can't hold it back anymore!

Watch them blow! Watch them blow!

Laugh and dance in joy above them all!

I don't care

They are trying to pray

Let the war rage on!

The battlefield never bothered me anyway!

All Adepta Sororitas Retributors, Avengers and Exorcist crews should sing this until they know the lyrics by heart.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nonoc's "Kodo", used in the opening for Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka:

And GARNiDELiA's "Rebel Flag", used in the anime's ending:

Don't they inspire you? I want to make the Magical Five the core of an original Order Militant, with Prioress Tamara "the Phoenix" wielding an entire flamestorm cannon- not a heavy flamer, a flamestorm cannon.

As my Sororitas army is going to be Winter/Christmas themed I actually like the idea of using the more spiritual x-mas songs like "Joy to the World" - Violent Strings Ensemble  Or Angels We Have Heard on High - Mannheim Steamroller with the original lyrics.   Though I am toying with the idea of Through the Fire and Flames by Dragonforce and To Be Free - Stella Furst.  It just has that nice choir backing.

Edited by CommissarZac

As my Sororitas army is going to be Winter/Christmas themed I actually like the idea of using the more spiritual x-mas songs like

Or
with the original lyrics.
Interesting concept. Will the Sisters' "reindeer" be actual reindeer, mechanical reindeer- maybe mechanical steeds with kitbashed antlers- Space Marine bikes adapted to fit them, Predator tanks with quad heavy bolter or multiple launch rocket "antlers," or Leman Russ tanks with the aforementioned "antlers"?

Though I am toying with the idea of Through the Fire and Flames by Dragonforce and

. It just has that nice choir backing.
Good choice of music. I regret not seeing Sol Bianca when it was available. Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

• 1 month later...

I'm closing this topic for a bit, as I've noticed that a lot of posts videos and links have little to do with Sisters, if at all. Once I've tidied it up, it'll reopen. When it does, I expect links and videos to actually be relevant to the matter at hand.

Remember, this Forum is about Warhammer 40,000, not for posting Anime links for the hell of it.