Show Your Finished Kill Team Terrain

Dr_Ruminahui

One thing B&C is missing is a dedicated area for terrain related posts, so I thought I would post my recently painted terrain here, as it will most likely see play in kill team games with my friend.

fkf6LTm.jpg

1rkQyNP.jpg

These were a lot of fun to paint - some nice little details, but not overdone so they only took me a couple of weeks to paint.  Look forward to having my AM kill team use them for cover. :)

One thing B&C is missing is a dedicated area for terrain related posts, so I thought I would post my recently painted terrain here, as it will most likely see play in kill team games with my friend.

Terrain is generally posted in the Forge (Hall of Honour for finished terrain, WIP for terrain in progress) or in the game-/faction-specific forum to which it is relevant (in this case, terrain for the Kill Team game would be appropriately posted here). :wink:

I've put it in the right place, then - the Hall of Honour is too intimidating, what with all the professional painters and other great talent there. :)

Anyway, I forgot to put in my original message, but I'm hoping that we can make this a thread of everyone's painted kill team terrain, not just my own.

Finished a couple of shipping containers.

DLaABNT.jpg

Iv8ZKky.jpg

5hfctEA.jpg

MG7hF9v.jpg

I'm particularly happy with the grey one, though I'm not sure it shows up well in the picture.

I've also finished painting some barrels and crates, but they actually aren't quite finished - I plan to group, base and weather them a bit.

8jW6ffl.jpg

Hmm, guess I can put up my kill team sets. I should get a better picture of 'em, buuut we'll see. Still need to snap up some FLG mats to finish 'em off.

gallery_107230_14721_152774.jpg

gallery_107230_14721_14497.jpeg

gallery_107230_14721_730.jpeg

Man, these Kill Zone sets are terrific. I'd be getting more, ostensibly to support those 4 person games, but a titan tapped me out for the time being.

Good job on le Fran

I started making a modular board. It's 24*30.5, but concensus seems to be that that's close enough. I hope to make about another 12 tiles with more difficult and dangerous terrain to add variety. It looks much smoother in person. For some reason the pics show a lot more color variance than the board does live.

vol6Wqf.jpg

f4bYAIk.jpg

Good job on le Français, Doc!  Got a laugh from me. 

Glad you like it.  Way back when I started painting my sisters in 3rd edition I decided that French was their version of Gothic as a) I know some French, but no Latin; :cool.: it let me put parts of the French version of the Canadian national anthem as inspiration slogans on my tanks; and c) it was part of an inside joke that my sisters were painted in the colours of the Quebec (the French province in Quebec) flag.

Your terrain is amazing, BTW.  You are sure a quick painter to have gotten that all done since it came out.

Yours is nice too, Kinstryfe.  How much difference have you found the modular tiles make to creating more diverse battlefields?  As well, what made you decide on construction yellow for your terrain?

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

Wow, that's amazing Vykes.  You are sure a quick painter to have gotten that all done since it came out.

Yours is nice too, Kinstryfe.  How much difference have you found the modular tiles make to creating more diverse battlefields?  As well, what made you decide on construction yellow for your terrain?

I literally finished the first 24 tiles yesterday, so haven't played on it yet, though I may get to tomorrow. I think it'll help diversity once I get some more tiles made up for diverse terrain, as most of the board is currently just open ground.

As for the yellow, I had bought a can of yellow primer for some Lamenters that was...off. So rather than ruin more minis, it got shifted over to terrain usage. It seems to work though, as it's a relatively bright and clear base to see scatter terrain and minis on

Glad you like it.  Way back when I started painting my sisters in 3rd edition I decided that French was their version of Gothic as a) I know some French, but no Latin; :cool.: it let me put parts of the French version of the Canadian national anthem as inspiration slogans on my tanks; and c) it was part of an inside joke that my sisters were painted in the colours of the Quebec (the French province in Quebec) flag.

Your terrain is amazing, BTW.  You are sure a quick painter to have gotten that all done since it came out.

-laughs- thanks mate.  Nice, very nice.  Yeah, despite being a Quebecois in Alberta, my French is abysmal and my Latin is even worse but it's still great to see a bit of the lingua franca perfectum del gothica rolling around (it means nothing but it's fun to say!).  With the fleur-de-lis as such a big part of the Sister's aesthetic, I can see it, heh. 

I was sorely tempted to put some numbers on my munitorum shipping containers but I... kinda got ahead of myself and just weathered everything then thought about it again.  Oh well, next time!  And on that note, I'm off to go pick up more Sanctum Imperalis terrain this afternoon, because I have :censored:  impulse controls. :wink:

I was sorely tempted to put some numbers on my munitorum shipping containers but I... kinda got ahead of myself and just weathered everything then thought about it again.  Oh well, next time!  And on that note, I'm off to go pick up more Sanctum Imperalis terrain this afternoon, because I have :censored:  impulse controls. :wink:

I think we've all done that - weathered something and realised later that we missed some detail that we wanted to do first.  Ah well - numbered or not, they look really nice.  How did you do the yellow on your crates and construction equipment?  I have another crane and set of tractors I think I'll go in yellow if it's straight forward enough.

I think we've all done that - weathered something and realised later that we missed some detail that we wanted to do first.  Ah well - numbered or not, they look really nice.  How did you do the yellow on your crates and construction equipment?  I have another crane and set of tractors I think I'll go in yellow if it's straight forward enough.

The part where the numbers used to be could've been too damaged so someone re-painted the numbers on them without repainting the whole thing. ;)

~drowning in grey and tan plastic-

Man, I try not too but it happens a lot more than I'd like.  I practically have to write it on a post it note and stick it next to my oil paints to say 'NO, big boy model stickers first, goopy paint and coloured dust later'. 

The yellow is actually pretty quick.  White base coat, airbrush some light brown where the shadows should fall, then add some airbrush golden yellow, then seal with gloss varnish, and wash in umber oil paints. Then further detailing and weather from there.