Show Your Finished Kill Team Terrain

Dr_Ruminahui

Great work on those xenos plants, Fr33dom - they are definitely eye catching and alien. :)

While the site was down, I did a fair bit of terrain building & painting, and am happy to finally have the opportunity to share it here.

First of all, I painted all the crates and barrels from the munitorium terrain set and the droptroops box - arranged as one huge supply stockpile in this picture (along with 3 open crates from the 40K objectives box that I had done earlier):

jtCYYwa.jpg

I then glued them to textured plasticard to create some small scatter terrain:

TQ78pkS.jpg

pOCg5Q5.jpg

As well, I finished 1 more shipping container (just 4 left) - its in the camo scheme for my astra militarum vehicles.  I always found it silly that shipping containers were better armed than space marine APCs, but wanted 1 with the stormbolters anyway (for no other reason to use one of the Tactics from the militatum box, which lets you shoot with the storm bolters) - I figured doing a camo version which I could imagine being used to rapid build defence positions would be a good compromise.

4K0GObX.jpg

A question and an observation.

Question: Did you glue the ends onto the container? I've tried leaving it unglued as it says but they just fall out immediately. If unglued, how do you get it to stay?

Observation: I noticed that if you don't assemble a container, you get 4 pieces suitable to being used as a walkway between terrain pieces. I did that with 2 of my 6 and they've gotten more use in Kill Team than the actual containers have.

I glued the ends on the container - I never noticed that that wasn't the recommended way.  Even if the doors didn't fall open, I would probably still glue them shut, as it saves from painting the insides.  That said, I do intend to do 2 containers with an open end... I'll likely do them last.

I hadn't thought of using them as bridges - I can see how that would work.

Spent most of today airbrushing and shading this happy with it for now but it was a pain in the :cuss to prime. 

pZA9zVyl.jpg

Looks good. That's the next kit I plan on painting and boy does it look intimidating to get started on.

I recommend priming it on the sprue mate. And watch yourself when cutting off the mold lines as the joins to the sprue are thick and tough to cut. I cut my thumb trying to do so

I finished my Sector Imperialis set from the core box a couple of days ago. I’ve never really painted scenery before, it was a refreshing change.

gallery_103206_14940_35138.jpg

gallery_103206_14940_16211.jpg

gallery_103206_14940_33675.jpg

gallery_103206_14940_15913.jpg

I’m considering buying the Sector Munitorum expansion, the crates look really cool. Could anyone give me any info on how the storm bolsters attach? I’m wondering whether they could be magnetised.

Edited by golfdeltafoxtrot

Very nicely done terrain.  I know what you mean about it being a nice change of pace - I'm not sure I want to go back to painting my chaos marines just yet, even after I finish my munitorium set.

They could easily be magnetized.  There is a round peg on the bottom of the pintle mount that goes into a round indentation on top of the crate.

In the picture below, you can see the indentation just in front of the top hatch.

DLaABNT.jpg

Just started building the basilicanum today. Can’t upload any pics as my laptop is out of action for a few days. Hopefully have it built and painted over the next week and once my laptop is back I’ll upload pictures

gallery_13265_14954_509760.jpggallery_13265_14954_9949.jpgBeen awhile since I have played 40K so I only have a few larger pieces of terrain. And I mostly played at the LGS, not at home. But Kill Team is something my friends are interested in so I needed to make more terrain. I also need more scatter terrain so I made some barrels to go with my landing pad and some crates/boxes to serve as barricades. All of it is printed on my 3D printer that I got a few weeks ago. It is great for this kind of stuff.

Edited by Mordekiem

And here are a couple buildings I created. One is the set from the Kill Team box. I wanted a big piece that could go in the middle or a side and provide extra levels. The other is some old peices I had lying around that I put on top of insulation to create more cover and LOS blockage.

gallery_13265_14954_518396.jpggallery_13265_14954_222705.jpg

I made a ton of terrain, meant to look almost like a Munitorium shipping yard. Every piece is pretty much separate, so I've used it in both 40k and Kill Team. It was originally a KT project that got out of hand, like hobby projects often do.

xUsFjMa.jpg

Also, for anyone needing scatter terrain the Necromunda Barricades and Objectives kit is great. It's mostly all self standing so doesn't need basing and one kit is enough to pretty heavily add obstruction to a board

Edited by Kinstryfe

Trying to push through painting the death world terrain and I must say that painting mechanicus terrain is alot easier to paint. Coming up with a colour scheme that's natural yet unique and colourful.

Once done I'll post some pics to check them out and critic

Cheers

Trying to push through painting the death world terrain and I must say that painting mechanicus terrain is alot easier to paint. Coming up with a colour scheme that's natural yet unique and colourful.

Cheers

It’s a crazy bunch of scenery to paint that deathworld stuff

Cheers

I got the Deathwatch starter box and it cam with like 3 trees. Yeah it was ridiculous. Im doing the sector munitorum now, the crane fully built isnt much easier but is fewer colors.

Cheers

I got the Deathwatch starter box and it cam with like 3 trees. Yeah it was ridiculous. Im doing the sector munitorum now, the crane fully built isnt much easier but is fewer colors.

Same, I messed with it and I guess kind of finished it.  But I am not excited about how it looks and all my other stuff is ruins and city.  I guess I could have some deathworld right on the edge of the city, but....

• 3 weeks later...

Finally finished my munitorium terrain - bought the boxed set, plus got 2 sprues with the AM scion killteam.  Pretty happy with it.

rZRAxw8.jpg

One thing I tried was open ended containers - 1 with one end open, one with both.  Unlike the other containers, I painted the insides, glued them, and then painted the outsides.  I'm pretty happy with the result, even though its twice the work, but I certainly learned how I should have put them together.  I painte Using regular "crazy" glue, the one with both ends fell apart as I painted the outside - the bonds of the crazy glue weren't strong enough to hold against the compressive force of my hand, lacking the ends to hold the sides rigid.  So, I scraped the glue and paint off of the joins, then glued it back together with plastic glue.  Seems to be holding fine this time.  Anyway, here they are.

VH5Uo2K.jpg

Finally, I have bought and assembled the wall of martyr terrain set, but don't know where two small pieces on the bunker sprues are supposed to go - can anyone help me?  They are the 2 pieces at the bottom of this picture:

UTDBuoQ.jpg

Finally finished my munitorium terrain - bought the boxed set, plus got 2 sprues with the AM scion killteam.  Pretty happy with it.

rZRAxw8.jpg

One thing I tried was open ended containers - 1 with one end open, one with both.  Unlike the other containers, I painted the insides, glued them, and then painted the outsides.  I'm pretty happy with the result, even though its twice the work, but I certainly learned how I should have put them together.  I painte Using regular "crazy" glue, the one with both ends fell apart as I painted the outside - the bonds of the crazy glue weren't strong enough to hold against the compressive force of my hand, lacking the ends to hold the sides rigid.  So, I scraped the glue and paint off of the joins, then glued it back together with plastic glue.  Seems to be holding fine this time.  Anyway, here they are.

VH5Uo2K.jpg

Finally, I have bought and assembled the wall of martyr terrain set, but don't know where two small pieces on the bunker sprues are supposed to go - can anyone help me?  They are the 2 pieces at the bottom of this picture:

UTDBuoQ.jpg

I did that last night! Finally figured out they're steps that go right below the doors.