Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Children of Kane Cometh - Brotherhood Of Nod Themed GSC!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Mordian Glory

Mordian Glory

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 186 posts

"On the Hive World of Tiberius IV a strange green crystal can be found. The crystal is believed to be xenos in origin the Imperial forces on the planet have decreed it be destroyed, as the Tiberius Crystal spreads quickly, is tough to eradicate and causes rampant mutations. 

However, not all agree with this plan. Many people of power believe that it has great potential, that it can be used as a power source as well as being rich in valuable minerals. Illegal Mining operations have been taking place for a long time on the planet and there is a well established black market. The people used in the mining operations are often the downtrodden and abused. They are forced to work in the Tiberius mines and most die from exposure to the toxic crystal or mutate into horrible beasts. 

It is in this community that the Genestealer Cult has been established. Several years ago, a single genestealer landed on Tiberius IV. As per usual it quickly infiltrated the lower classes of society and began infecting the population, beginning to evolve into a patriarch. It didn't take long for the creature to learn of the Tiberius crystal and with alien cunning it began to unlock the secrets of the great green crystal.

As the cult began to grow it became known simply as The Brotherhood, a religious group who gives help to those working in the mines, providing a small glimmer of hope in an otherwise bleak existence. This appearance has allowed for the cult to grow strong and quickly, as many miners will do anything to improve their meager lifestyle, as well as a chance to strike back against their oppressors one day. 

The Brotherhood has been able to create many technologies and weapons based on Tiberius. Instead of flamers they use Liquid Tiberius Spewers. Tiberius power cells can used to enhance traditional mining lasers, or power the vehicles of the cult. Green crystal knifes that are light as a feather yet cut through flesh and bone with ease. 

With an almost limitless supply of crystal to work with, The Brotherhood is expanding quickly and soon it will be time to rise..."

Greetings Fellow Cultists,

I have decided to start a thread to document to rise of my Brotherhood of Nod themed cult army. I am a huge Command and Conquer fan and have always had a love for the Brotherhood. I already have gathered many followers for my cult, but I need motivation to paint them all up. I have done painting logs in the past (Steel Legion and Black Templars) and they have helped to keep me going on an a project :)

I plan on only using units from the Genestealer Cult army, no Tyranid or Guard allies. There are 2 main reasons for this, firstly I think every faction can stand on its own two feet and secondly it doesn't really fit with the fluff that I am going for.

I want the army to be heavily mining based, with lots of trucks and cultists. There will also be lots of aberrant and acolytes to represent those mutated by the Tiberius. There will be some Purestrains in the army, but not a huge amount, around 20ish. This is because the infection on this planet was started by a single Genestealer so it is going to take some time for lots of Purestrains to be spawned. For now the mutants and cultists are going to be doing the heavy lifting :)

In terms of paint scheme, I already have painted a few guys I am going for a Grey/Black/Red scheme. This is because Tiberian Sun is my favorite C&C game that was the overall scheme for the Nod forces. 

rnwUuY5.jpg
YmHMb8E.jpg
x5ENX7T.jpg
JSvmudG.jpg

• walter h, The laughing raven, brother_b and 1 other like this

"I once gave the order to one of my platoons to fix bayonets and charge a squad of genestealers. If they believed in the emperor hard enough they could win... I don't think they believed enough..."

WhkeMH9.jpg
v9Z8gMi.jpg
oJPD61i.jpg

Captain_Krash

Captain_Krash

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 684 posts
  • Faction: Lamenters

PEACE THROUGH POWER!

Mordian I love everything about this!!!

Krash

Ad Victoriam

Mother of the Cult

Mother of the Cult

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15 posts
  • Faction: Genestealer cults

Lovely fluff and marvelous color scheme!. I want to see more <3. Cheers whit my four arms.

+My doggo has six arms+

Mordian Glory

Mordian Glory

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 186 posts

PEACE THROUGH POWER!

Mordian I love everything about this!!!

Krash

THE TECHNOLOGY OF PEACE!

Thanks, I plan on using cultists as light infantry, Goliath Trucks as Nod Buggies and Rockgrinders as Devils Tongues :D

Lovely fluff and marvelous color scheme!. I want to see more <3. Cheers whit my four arms.

Thanks! I am a pretty slow painted but aim to have a 2k points army done by the end of the year :) 

• walter h likes this

"I once gave the order to one of my platoons to fix bayonets and charge a squad of genestealers. If they believed in the emperor hard enough they could win... I don't think they believed enough..."

WhkeMH9.jpg
v9Z8gMi.jpg
oJPD61i.jpg

Captain_Krash

Captain_Krash

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 684 posts
  • Faction: Lamenters

You should ally in Guard to take Flame tanks AHEM I mean hell hounds

Krash

Ad Victoriam

Xenith

Xenith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,541 posts

I think you're really missing out by not having guard allies in there. 

Hellhound = flame tank

Termite = Montauk/Sub Terra APC

Ogryn/Abherrants = cyborg

bASILISK = Artillery

Mordian Glory

Mordian Glory

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 186 posts

I think you're really missing out by not having guard allies in there. 

Hellhound = flame tank

Termite = Montauk/Sub Terra APC

Ogryn/Abherrants = cyborg

bASILISK = Artillery

You should ally in Guard to take Flame tanks AHEM I mean hell hounds

Krash

You both make some great suggestions. However, I already have a huge IG force. If needed to I can "borrow" those units from my IG. I am really keen on building a pure Cult force, at least for now :) Maybe in the future if I expand on the army to a big extent.

WhkeMH9.jpg
v9Z8gMi.jpg
oJPD61i.jpg

Mordian Glory

Mordian Glory

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 186 posts

Greeting Followers of Kane,

Last week was a slow week for The Brotherhood. It has been a busy week with not much painting completed, I have managed to get 2 Neophytes/Militia 75% completed. After they are done I have 4 more to do and then I will have completed my first 20 man blob :) 

They aim is to really focus and get the last few models painted this week, then treat myself with painting a Primus!

PEACE THROUGH POWER!

WhkeMH9.jpg
v9Z8gMi.jpg
oJPD61i.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users