The Children of Kane Cometh - Brotherhood Of Nod Themed GSC!

Mordian Glory

Love it - how are they going to be based?

Thanks, I am going to base them in Agrellan Earth, to represent the Tiberium sucking the moisture and minerals out of the ground. I am also going to put 1 or 2 Tiberium Crystals on each base. Gonna make the crystals out of bits of sprue cut up and painted green :)

I am enjoying the contrast between the dark uniforms and the bright accents/gun casings. As others have said, the Patriarch is great- the dramatic lighting made it very intimidating looking!

This is too much. I used to daydream about a Nod themed Imperial Guard army years back, but GSC fits perfectly. I am so happy to see someone use the theme well. I also decorate my bases with green crystals that are a nod (no pun intended) to Tiberium.

The Aberrants look interesting as well. I'll have to keep an eye on this plog. :)

This is too much. I used to daydream about a Nod themed Imperial Guard army years back, but GSC fits perfectly. I am so happy to see someone use the theme well. I also decorate my bases with green crystals that are a nod (no pun intended) to Tiberium.

The Aberrants look interesting as well. I'll have to keep an eye on this plog. :smile.:

Thanks :) I too have always wanted a Command and Conquer army for 40k. I went with Nod for this army because I thought it would give me lots of conversion opportunities. Glad you like the aberrants, I have some pretty good ideas for converting some Hybrid Metamorphes in the future so watch this space ;) 

Greeting Brood Brothers,

I am pleased to report another successful weekend spent in service of our Lord and Savior Kane! Whilst I have been working on my Cadian cultists recently, I still had several of the mining cultists models left to finish. Many of them were in various stages of being painted and so on Saturday I knuckled down and did as many as I could. The end result,14 more loyal soldiers to the cause have been added to my ranks :) This just leaves 7 left (3 I need to scavenge from a Goliath Truck kit)  and I will have finished all the Civilian Neophyte models for my Brotherhood.

The Brotherhood also received major reinforcements this weekend. My 3 boxes of Cadian Cultists finally arrived from Triple Helix Games. Whilst the 25% discount was nice, having to wait 2 weeks for them was painful :P I have already put together 1 squad and will be working on putting together the next 2 over the next 2 weeks. When they are all built I will have 107 Neophyte Hybrids! That is quite a horde :D

No pictures at the moment, but I will update the thread when I have some :) 

ONE VISION, ONE PURPOSE!!!

Great to see another Nod army, the last one has been a while...I think 6th edition...

The GSC armour just looks so much better on those guys than the cadian one, and the painting theme matches nicely. The only two things stopping me from doing a Nod GSC with the new awesome models right now are my Pile of Shame and the fact that I don't like the tyranid parts/mutations, which might make some conversions necessary.

However, for some conversion ideas, here's pics from my old (5th-6th edition) Nod IG: Gallery

Kane, Slavic, saboteur, commando cyborg and so on. Tiberian Sun and Tiberium Wars were the best games of the tiberium timeline IMO, so most conversions are based on that.

ONE VISION, ONE PURPOSE!!!

Great to see another Nod army, the last one has been a while...I think 6th edition...

The GSC armour just looks so much better on those guys than the cadian one, and the painting theme matches nicely. The only two things stopping me from doing a Nod GSC with the new awesome models right now are my Pile of Shame and the fact that I don't like the tyranid parts/mutations, which might make some conversions necessary.

However, for some conversion ideas, here's pics from my old (5th-6th edition) Nod IG: Gallery

Kane, Slavic, saboteur, commando cyborg and so on. Tiberian Sun and Tiberium Wars were the best games of the tiberium timeline IMO, so most conversions are based on that.

KANE LIVES IN DEATH!!!

Its great to meet another Brotherhood of Nod/Command and Conquer fan. I actually came across some of your pictures over a year ago and it was a big inspiration for me starting my Army :D  And I know what you mean about not wanting to use lots of tyranid bits. I have mostly stuck to using lots of Neophytes and trucks and am not planning on using many of the obvious mutations. Those mutants I do have, such as aberants and acolytes, I am saying are the result of excessive tiberium exposure :)

KANE LIVES IN DEATH!!!

Its great to meet another Brotherhood of Nod/Command and Conquer fan. I actually came across some of your pictures over a year ago and it was a big inspiration for me starting my Army :biggrin.: 

...and now, you're tempting me in turn to go back to those guys. Touché. :biggrin.:

I'll need some bikes/a quad for a Raptors conversion anyway, so a Nod biker test model or two couldn't hurt...[sarcasm] I see no way this could escalate again...[/sarcasm] :whistling:

KANE LIVES IN DEATH!!!

Its great to meet another Brotherhood of Nod/Command and Conquer fan. I actually came across some of your pictures over a year ago and it was a big inspiration for me starting my Army :biggrin.:

...and now, you're tempting me in turn to go back to those guys. Touché. :biggrin.:

I'll need some bikes/a quad for a Raptors conversion anyway, so a Nod biker test model or two couldn't hurt...[sarcasm] I see no way this could escalate again...[/sarcasm] :whistling:

Rise up! Join the Brotherhood! Down with GDI... I mean down with PDF :P

So now that they've added Nod buggies to the GSC roster and attack bites I think you've been quite, quite vindicated.

[Peace through power intensifies]

Huzzah! Already got myself some of the bikes preordered as well :D 

What an exciting Weekend :D I preordered the new Cult codex, got 2 lots of the dice and 1 of each of the new kits coming out, except the bikers which I got 2 kits off! 

I had another productive weekend and got 8 out of 10 Aberants finished :) I enjoyed painting these guys but they did take some time, on average 2-3 hours per guy when painting relaxed and with TV. The plan is to speed up and get the last 2 guys done tonight I have included pics below for all loyal followers of Kane:

kN4Vnje.jpg
q15rS1W.jpg
CoYH84P.jpg
wlDEdxR.jpg

KANE LIVES! 

I love this army, such a good idea! Now you just need an Imperial Guard regiment styled on GDI to crush them! :P Titans and hover tech over Nod sneaky shenanigans for me!

KANE LIVES! 

I love this army, such a good idea! Now you just need an Imperial Guard regiment styled on GDI to crush them! :tongue.: Titans and hover tech over Nod sneaky shenanigans for me!

Thanks! And I have an Armageddon Steel Legion fully mechanised army that is painted in tan colours, so they would do for a GDI force :D

Greetings Brothers,

My cult has been working very hard in week running up to Accession Day! With the points decreases to Acolytes I have been motivated to finish the first 10 man squad. I have another 14 of these guys to do but I have made a big dent into them.

Also had my first game with the new cult rules. 1500pts vs Chaos Space Marines. The final result was a very solid victory for the cult. I must say the new codex is very empowering and you always feel in control, with the enemy having to react to your moves. 

As always, pics below for all loyal followers of the true path.

UhmBSMo.jpg
DpkoaGb.jpg
zRlvXv0.jpg
BPlb0nE.jpg

Greetings Followers of Kane,

I had another 1500pt battle with the cult yesterday. This time against Blood Angels. I tried the Hivecult Gene Sect out and I have to say I am really really impressed. I genuinely think it might be a hidden gem and one of the more powerful traits. How I leveraged it was I put a Magus, Jackal Alphus, Iconward and Patriarch Underground along with 60 Neophytes. I brought them all in on T2 in a big blob, with layers of Neos screening the characters. Thanks to the Jackel Alphus I was able to give +1 to hit against a unit and with the Hivelord Warlord Trait I had reroll 1s to hit. I managed to do a wound with the first squad, so I popped the Hivecult Strat, Chilling Efficiency and I got another +1 to hit. Suddenly my neos were hitting on 2s rerolling 1s against one of the enemy units, in this case I was able to kill a whole bunch of scouts. Which was important as I still had a big blob of acolytes that I wanted to bring in after clearing the enemy screen. 

When the Blood Angels countered with Sanguinary Guard and a Captain, I was able to fall back and still shoot. Even though I was at -1, I again used the Jackal Alphus and bam, hitting on 4s, I managed to sneak a wound on to the Sang Guard with the Jackels sniper and again I used chilling efficiency. So even though I had fallen back I could still hit the chosen enemy unit on 3s rerolling 1s.

It was really powerful and I think if I was able to take a few heavy weapons (i was just spamming autoguns) and I took another of these blobs then it will be extremely powerful list. Now this blob did cost me 628 points, so its not cheap. But you could make it cheaper by taking a Kelamorph and you dont need the Magus in the blob either. I found the Key part was the reroll 1s, the +1/+2 to hit and the 6+ Feel No pain from the banner. Morale was not an issue as I was either fearless or only took 1 or 2 extra casualties due to the Hivecult Trait. 

Looking forward to trying out the other Gene Sects. I have used Bladed Cog, Twiste Helix and now Hivecult. I will be trying out Rusted Claw next I think and see how durable my Neos can get >:)

As always pics below :)

Hu8SEvN.jpg
eAmes9q.jpg
mHaqo9i.jpg

• 1 month later...

Greetings Loyal Followers of the Great Green Crystal!

I know I have not updated this thread in many weeks but don't worry, I have been lurking in the shadows working diligently to advance Kanes plan. I have been sticking to my self imposed painting goal of doing on average 1 infantry model a night. As a result I have now completed all my built neophytes! I have about 95 of the little buggers painted up now and they have been doing really well on the table top.

I now just have 6 more acolytes, an abominant and a truck and then I have completed all my unpainted minis! I still have a truck, 12 neos, 12 acolytes, 2 ridgerunners, 2 bike squads and about 5 of characters to build and paint, but I have done over 150 models :smile.:

As always I have been doing many battles against the vile oppressors, action shots below:

FdwM77v.jpg
ZAlICz5.jpg
O81CJGE.jpg
nNfhDIE.jpg
Edited by Mordian Glory

• 1 month later...

Greetings Brood Brothers!

It has been an eventful month for the Brotherhood of Nod. We attend our first tournament and also made very good progress on the painting front.

I went to the Warhammer World doubles tournament last month with my cult and they performed really well. My teammate (who was running guard) and I managed to win 3 games out of 5 and all the games were very close :D Lots of fun was had and lessons learned that I can incorporate into my future battles. The main thing I learned was just how nasty aberrants were. I ran a full squad of 10 with 2 hypermorphs and they killed anything they touched, from 30 ork boys to imperial knights there was nothing this squad couldnt do. I buffed them every game with the Biophagus extra attacks and also put might from beyond on them. This meant that each aberrant had 4 attacks base and the hyper-morphs had 5 (which they doubled to 10 thanks to Improvised Weapons!)

In terms of painting, I have now finished all my neophytes! 120 of the buggers :D It was a milestone event, but I am kinda sad I wont be painting anymore of these guys for a while. I could get more, but being honest with myself there are other models in the army which need attention and also I have more then enough for my lists. 

I also finished nearly all the acolytes, just 4 left! I have enough painted now to run a full 20 man squad with saws, but I want the extra ones so I can more easily break down into smaller squads. I am toying with the idea of getting another squad 20 man squad with hand flamers but that would add another month of painting to the army. 

The list of whats left is pretty small. I have about 6 characters, 10 bikers, 2 ridge runners and 2 trucks (+ the aforementioned 4 acolytes). Less than 25 models remaining, about 15% of the army. My aim is to have all this finished by end of next month, unless I get the extra 20 acolytes in which case it will be the end of June. 

Well thats all for now, I leave you with a picture of Patriarch commanding his forces in the tournament

26MohuL.jpg

How are you arming your aberrants - picks, hammers or a combination?

And how are you getting them into combat? I'm guessing perfect ambush, but I can't make that work with the abominant too.

Edited by Rogue

How are you arming your aberrants - picks, hammers or a combination?

And how are you getting them into combat? I'm guessing perfect ambush, but I can't make that work with the abominant too.

I have 6x picks, 2x Hammers and 2x Heavy Improvised Weapons. The picks are good all round weapons and also give me volume of attacks against hordes. The two hypermorphs give me a balance between tank busting and horde clearance, high strength, high volume of attacks but low AP. I have the 2 hammers because sometimes you just NEED a big ass hammer to destroy something.

I use perfect ambush + cult of the 4 armed emperor + Clamavus. I havent bothered with the abominant since the codex dropped, I really dont find he is worth it any more. I would rather take an extra 4-5 pick guys then him. 

Sounds good. My own inclination is to build two sets of aberrants and give each frame the two alternate load-outs, leading to hypermorphs with hammer and improvised weapon, and four each of picks and hammers. But practically, I've found that the hammers are really unreliable at 4s to hit with only two attacks. 

Next time I field them, I want to try the four-arms and clamavus combo, maybe with a primus chucked in for the +1 to hit.

Sounds good. My own inclination is to build two sets of aberrants and give each frame the two alternate load-outs, leading to hypermorphs with hammer and improvised weapon, and four each of picks and hammers. But practically, I've found that the hammers are really unreliable at 4s to hit with only two attacks. 

Next time I field them, I want to try the four-arms and clamavus combo, maybe with a primus chucked in for the +1 to hit.

I have found aberrants are over coasted at their base level, but become can be buffed by an insane amount. I would never leave home without the Primus + Clamvus as a minimum, and nearly always take a Biophagus and Iconward as well :)  

In isolation, that's part of the aberrants' issue - an expensive and fragile unit that needs another 200 points of characters and elites to function effectively.

In practice, and deployed right, three of those four can be buffing lots of other units too, so it's not quite as bad as it might look.

But for the cost, I want aberrants to be good on their own, and not need babysitters.

In isolation, that's part of the aberrants' issue - an expensive and fragile unit that needs another 200 points of characters and elites to function effectively.

In practice, and deployed right, three of those four can be buffing lots of other units too, so it's not quite as bad as it might look.

But for the cost, I want aberrants to be good on their own, and not need babysitters.

One of my favourite things about GSC is that individually their units are kinda weak and crappy, but by applying lots of synergies you improve units up by a crazy amount. Take Neophytes for example, no other army has the ability to take the equivalent of a Guardsmen and by applying layers of buffs, make them hit on 2s rerolling 1s, with reroll 1s to wounds, have a 6+ feel no pain and they can deny a psychic power with 12"!

Its just mad and I love it :P 

Greeting Brothers,

The Brotherhood of Nod have not been ideal these past weeks and our command structure is now complete! I was able to complete my 6 remaining characters: the Iconward, Magus, Sanctus, Locus, Nexos and Abominant! I still need to put washes on 4 of them but that will only take an evening :)

I have fully completed my acolytes as well! The final count on the Acolytes is 25 men, with 8 saws, 2 Icons and 2 leaders with Lashwip and bonesword. I will get some pictures of these guys when I have a moment.

Thats all for now. The end is drawing close. I just have the bikers, 2x ridge runners and 2x trucks left and then the brotherhood will be ready rise up and overthrow the vile GDI oppressors!

9jiKSUr.jpg