Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Children of Kane Cometh - Brotherhood Of Nod Themed GSC!

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Mordian Glory

Mordian Glory

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 260 posts

Love it - how are they going to be based?

Thanks, I am going to base them in Agrellan Earth, to represent the Tiberium sucking the moisture and minerals out of the ground. I am also going to put 1 or 2 Tiberium Crystals on each base. Gonna make the crystals out of bits of sprue cut up and painted green :)

"I once gave the order to one of my platoons to fix bayonets and charge a squad of genestealers. If they believed in the emperor hard enough they could win... I don't think they believed enough..."

WhkeMH9.jpg
v9Z8gMi.jpg
oJPD61i.jpg

Azekai

Azekai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,860 posts
  • Faction: Warp Locusts, Traitor Guard

I am enjoying the contrast between the dark uniforms and the bright accents/gun casings. As others have said, the Patriarch is great- the dramatic lighting made it very intimidating looking!

Corruption is our armor.
Infection is our weapon.
Immortality is our reward.

gallery_48988_13169_3872.pngETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Chaos_LATD.jgallery_63428_7083_8312.png3DrnTQ5.png

Mordian Glory

Mordian Glory

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 260 posts

I am enjoying the contrast between the dark uniforms and the bright accents/gun casings. As others have said, the Patriarch is great- the dramatic lighting made it very intimidating looking!

Thank you! Really appreciate the positive comments :) 

"I once gave the order to one of my platoons to fix bayonets and charge a squad of genestealers. If they believed in the emperor hard enough they could win... I don't think they believed enough..."

WhkeMH9.jpg
v9Z8gMi.jpg
oJPD61i.jpg

Flame Boy

Flame Boy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,445 posts

This is too much. I used to daydream about a Nod themed Imperial Guard army years back, but GSC fits perfectly. I am so happy to see someone use the theme well. I also decorate my bases with green crystals that are a nod (no pun intended) to Tiberium.

The Aberrants look interesting as well. I'll have to keep an eye on this plog. :)

• Shinespider likes this

Mordian Glory

Mordian Glory

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 260 posts

This is too much. I used to daydream about a Nod themed Imperial Guard army years back, but GSC fits perfectly. I am so happy to see someone use the theme well. I also decorate my bases with green crystals that are a nod (no pun intended) to Tiberium.

The Aberrants look interesting as well. I'll have to keep an eye on this plog. smile.png

Thanks :) I too have always wanted a Command and Conquer army for 40k. I went with Nod for this army because I thought it would give me lots of conversion opportunities. Glad you like the aberrants, I have some pretty good ideas for converting some Hybrid Metamorphes in the future so watch this space ;) 

WhkeMH9.jpg
v9Z8gMi.jpg
oJPD61i.jpg

Mordian Glory

Mordian Glory

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 260 posts

Greeting Brood Brothers,

I am pleased to report another successful weekend spent in service of our Lord and Savior Kane! Whilst I have been working on my Cadian cultists recently, I still had several of the mining cultists models left to finish. Many of them were in various stages of being painted and so on Saturday I knuckled down and did as many as I could. The end result,14 more loyal soldiers to the cause have been added to my ranks :) This just leaves 7 left (3 I need to scavenge from a Goliath Truck kit)  and I will have finished all the Civilian Neophyte models for my Brotherhood.

The Brotherhood also received major reinforcements this weekend. My 3 boxes of Cadian Cultists finally arrived from Triple Helix Games. Whilst the 25% discount was nice, having to wait 2 weeks for them was painful :P I have already put together 1 squad and will be working on putting together the next 2 over the next 2 weeks. When they are all built I will have 107 Neophyte Hybrids! That is quite a horde :D

No pictures at the moment, but I will update the thread when I have some :) 

WhkeMH9.jpg
v9Z8gMi.jpg
oJPD61i.jpg

MajorNese

MajorNese

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,162 posts

ONE VISION, ONE PURPOSE!!!

Great to see another Nod army, the last one has been a while...I think 6th edition...

The GSC armour just looks so much better on those guys than the cadian one, and the painting theme matches nicely. The only two things stopping me from doing a Nod GSC with the new awesome models right now are my Pile of Shame and the fact that I don't like the tyranid parts/mutations, which might make some conversions necessary.

However, for some conversion ideas, here's pics from my old (5th-6th edition) Nod IG: Gallery

Kane, Slavic, saboteur, commando cyborg and so on. Tiberian Sun and Tiberium Wars were the best games of the tiberium timeline IMO, so most conversions are based on that.

gallery_6494_6331_8260.pnghhoth_majornesehts27.jpggallery_48988_11572_4635.pnggallery_48988_11572_4164.pngETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gifgallery_48988_10069_1c2j5g.png

Mordian Glory

Mordian Glory

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 260 posts

ONE VISION, ONE PURPOSE!!!

Great to see another Nod army, the last one has been a while...I think 6th edition...

The GSC armour just looks so much better on those guys than the cadian one, and the painting theme matches nicely. The only two things stopping me from doing a Nod GSC with the new awesome models right now are my Pile of Shame and the fact that I don't like the tyranid parts/mutations, which might make some conversions necessary.

However, for some conversion ideas, here's pics from my old (5th-6th edition) Nod IG: Gallery

Kane, Slavic, saboteur, commando cyborg and so on. Tiberian Sun and Tiberium Wars were the best games of the tiberium timeline IMO, so most conversions are based on that.

KANE LIVES IN DEATH!!!

Its great to meet another Brotherhood of Nod/Command and Conquer fan. I actually came across some of your pictures over a year ago and it was a big inspiration for me starting my Army :D  And I know what you mean about not wanting to use lots of tyranid bits. I have mostly stuck to using lots of Neophytes and trucks and am not planning on using many of the obvious mutations. Those mutants I do have, such as aberants and acolytes, I am saying are the result of excessive tiberium exposure :)

WhkeMH9.jpg
v9Z8gMi.jpg
oJPD61i.jpg

MajorNese

MajorNese

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,162 posts

KANE LIVES IN DEATH!!!

Its great to meet another Brotherhood of Nod/Command and Conquer fan. I actually came across some of your pictures over a year ago and it was a big inspiration for me starting my Army biggrin.png 

...and now, you're tempting me in turn to go back to those guys. Touché. biggrin.png

I'll need some bikes/a quad for a Raptors conversion anyway, so a Nod biker test model or two couldn't hurt...[sarcasm] I see no way this could escalate again...[/sarcasm] whistling.gif

gallery_6494_6331_8260.pnghhoth_majornesehts27.jpggallery_48988_11572_4635.pnggallery_48988_11572_4164.pngETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gifgallery_48988_10069_1c2j5g.png

MrZakalwe

MrZakalwe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 267 posts
  • Faction: 609th Octavian regiment
So now that they've added Nod buggies to the GSC roster and attack bites I think you've been quite, quite vindicated.

[Peace through power intensifies]

“Gentlemen, may I have a moment of your time?” - Last words of Captain Jon Talman of the Octavian 609th before his death at the hands of heretic Astartes bearing the colours of the Flesh Tearers.

Mordian Glory

Mordian Glory

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 260 posts

KANE LIVES IN DEATH!!!

Its great to meet another Brotherhood of Nod/Command and Conquer fan. I actually came across some of your pictures over a year ago and it was a big inspiration for me starting my Army biggrin.png

...and now, you're tempting me in turn to go back to those guys. Touché. biggrin.png

I'll need some bikes/a quad for a Raptors conversion anyway, so a Nod biker test model or two couldn't hurt...[sarcasm] I see no way this could escalate again...[/sarcasm] whistling.gif

Rise up! Join the Brotherhood! Down with GDI... I mean down with PDF :P

So now that they've added Nod buggies to the GSC roster and attack bites I think you've been quite, quite vindicated.

[Peace through power intensifies]

Huzzah! Already got myself some of the bikes preordered as well :D 

WhkeMH9.jpg
v9Z8gMi.jpg
oJPD61i.jpg

Mordian Glory

Mordian Glory

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 260 posts

What an exciting Weekend :D I preordered the new Cult codex, got 2 lots of the dice and 1 of each of the new kits coming out, except the bikers which I got 2 kits off! 

I had another productive weekend and got 8 out of 10 Aberants finished :) I enjoyed painting these guys but they did take some time, on average 2-3 hours per guy when painting relaxed and with TV. The plan is to speed up and get the last 2 guys done tonight I have included pics below for all loyal followers of Kane:

kN4Vnje.jpg
q15rS1W.jpg
CoYH84P.jpg
wlDEdxR.jpg

WhkeMH9.jpg
v9Z8gMi.jpg
oJPD61i.jpg

Reyner

Reyner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,732 posts
  • Faction: IV Legion, XIII Legion

KANE LIVES! 

I love this army, such a good idea! Now you just need an Imperial Guard regiment styled on GDI to crush them! :P Titans and hover tech over Nod sneaky shenanigans for me!

gallery_60566_6038_242.gifgallery_26119_9644_9137.pnggallery_60566_6038_826.gif
"I don't need my left arm to run." - Sergeant Arkad VII Legion bad-ass.

Mordian Glory

Mordian Glory

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 260 posts

KANE LIVES! 

I love this army, such a good idea! Now you just need an Imperial Guard regiment styled on GDI to crush them! tongue.png Titans and hover tech over Nod sneaky shenanigans for me!

Thanks! And I have an Armageddon Steel Legion fully mechanised army that is painted in tan colours, so they would do for a GDI force :D

• Reyner likes this

WhkeMH9.jpg
v9Z8gMi.jpg
oJPD61i.jpg

Mordian Glory

Mordian Glory

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 260 posts

Greetings Brothers,

My cult has been working very hard in week running up to Accession Day! With the points decreases to Acolytes I have been motivated to finish the first 10 man squad. I have another 14 of these guys to do but I have made a big dent into them.

Also had my first game with the new cult rules. 1500pts vs Chaos Space Marines. The final result was a very solid victory for the cult. I must say the new codex is very empowering and you always feel in control, with the enemy having to react to your moves. 

As always, pics below for all loyal followers of the true path.

UhmBSMo.jpg
DpkoaGb.jpg
zRlvXv0.jpg
BPlb0nE.jpg

• Akrim and Azekai like this

WhkeMH9.jpg
v9Z8gMi.jpg
oJPD61i.jpg

Mordian Glory

Mordian Glory

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 260 posts

Greetings Followers of Kane,

I had another 1500pt battle with the cult yesterday. This time against Blood Angels. I tried the Hivecult Gene Sect out and I have to say I am really really impressed. I genuinely think it might be a hidden gem and one of the more powerful traits. How I leveraged it was I put a Magus, Jackal Alphus, Iconward and Patriarch Underground along with 60 Neophytes. I brought them all in on T2 in a big blob, with layers of Neos screening the characters. Thanks to the Jackel Alphus I was able to give +1 to hit against a unit and with the Hivelord Warlord Trait I had reroll 1s to hit. I managed to do a wound with the first squad, so I popped the Hivecult Strat, Chilling Efficiency and I got another +1 to hit. Suddenly my neos were hitting on 2s rerolling 1s against one of the enemy units, in this case I was able to kill a whole bunch of scouts. Which was important as I still had a big blob of acolytes that I wanted to bring in after clearing the enemy screen. 

When the Blood Angels countered with Sanguinary Guard and a Captain, I was able to fall back and still shoot. Even though I was at -1, I again used the Jackal Alphus and bam, hitting on 4s, I managed to sneak a wound on to the Sang Guard with the Jackels sniper and again I used chilling efficiency. So even though I had fallen back I could still hit the chosen enemy unit on 3s rerolling 1s.

It was really powerful and I think if I was able to take a few heavy weapons (i was just spamming autoguns) and I took another of these blobs then it will be extremely powerful list. Now this blob did cost me 628 points, so its not cheap. But you could make it cheaper by taking a Kelamorph and you dont need the Magus in the blob either. I found the Key part was the reroll 1s, the +1/+2 to hit and the 6+ Feel No pain from the banner. Morale was not an issue as I was either fearless or only took 1 or 2 extra casualties due to the Hivecult Trait. 

Looking forward to trying out the other Gene Sects. I have used Bladed Cog, Twiste Helix and now Hivecult. I will be trying out Rusted Claw next I think and see how durable my Neos can get >:)

As always pics below :)

Hu8SEvN.jpg
eAmes9q.jpg
mHaqo9i.jpg

• Captain_Krash and brother_b like this

WhkeMH9.jpg
v9Z8gMi.jpg
oJPD61i.jpg

Mordian Glory

Mordian Glory

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 260 posts

Greetings Loyal Followers of the Great Green Crystal!

I know I have not updated this thread in many weeks but don't worry, I have been lurking in the shadows working diligently to advance Kanes plan. I have been sticking to my self imposed painting goal of doing on average 1 infantry model a night. As a result I have now completed all my built neophytes! I have about 95 of the little buggers painted up now and they have been doing really well on the table top.

I now just have 6 more acolytes, an abominant and a truck and then I have completed all my unpainted minis! I still have a truck, 12 neos, 6 acolytes, 2 ridgerunners, 2 bike squads and about 5 of characters to build and paint, but I have done over 150 models :)

As always I have been doing many battles against the vile oppressors, action shots below:

FdwM77v.jpg
ZAlICz5.jpg
O81CJGE.jpg
nNfhDIE.jpg

• brother_b likes this

WhkeMH9.jpg
v9Z8gMi.jpg
oJPD61i.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users