Ultimate Apocalypse mod for DoW1 and expansions

Atrus

Only got some decent internet download limits in the past couple of months and finally got around to downloading the Ultimate Apocalypse mod for Soulstorm last night.

Curious to see if any other fraters are into the mod/game?

How have youd it/enjoyed it?

Personally having a blast thus far :D

I was really impressed with how easy it was to install the mod. Im hopeless at doing that sort of thing and usually end up breaking something; I was really impressed how user friendly it was and it pretty much installed itself. Hats off to the team that made it.

Only had a quick easy mode game so far to learn how it works, but definately looking forward to seeing some carnage.

Ultimate Apocalypse is quite fun when you play it with the extra unit cap and the titans included. I would always recommend the Codex mod as well to people, it was an attempt to model each army in DoW based around its codex, so you had things like Dark Angels, Blood Angels, Space Wolves, Mechanicus, The Lost and the Damned, and it was designed to plug and play with other race-mods, like Tyranids, Armageddon Steel Legion and so on. You could even recruit mercenary allied units in some factions; Tau could build an Ork structure, or a Marine barracks, or a IG infantry bunker and so, Space Marines could recruit GK allies, or DW, or even SoB's.

Ultimate Apocalypse is a grand time. 

It's only real downfall is infantry unit pathfinding remains hot garbage in DoW when in large numbers - for simple practicality I avoid using big mobs of Guardsmen and such in favour of veritable fields of artillery. 

But boy is there nothing like a dozen basilisks dropping the sky on an ork horde

Archived