Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Orbital Assault Tactica

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

ProsperoStands

ProsperoStands

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 99 posts
  • Faction: Luna Wolves, Thousand Sons

I know it may seem strange but with all the different Legions and playstyles, how about a tactica page dedicated to the most iconic of Astartes tactics?

Orbital Assault, you know it, you love it (or hate it)

How do you like to run it? What do you like to use?

• Pearson73 likes this

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18,508 posts

Orbital Assault is a powerful Rite, however with the changes to Augury Scanners it's a little more risky. While a pod will eat the interceptor fire - if it blows up you can lose models easily, even worse with something like a Dreadclaw, that could crash!

Otherwise though, getting special weapons in range from turn one with pods is a solid tactic and the sheer amount of flyers and deep striking units available to Astartes makes this shine.

Gorgoff

Gorgoff

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,514 posts
  • Faction: IVth Legion
I guess there won't be too many players who throw their interceptor fire at those pods if killing it's content is an option. ;)

Edited by Gorgoff, 14 September 2018 - 02:46 PM.

Bring back Psycho Dad!
gallery_48988_10980_12646.png

ProsperoStands

ProsperoStands

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 99 posts

Indeed. The new interceptor rule really hurts Orbital assault, as did the loss of Marksmen vets IMO.

I do love using the 16th legion with OA as deathdealers is amazing for support squads and seekers.

Bulbafist

Bulbafist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,014 posts
  • Faction: 13th Grand Battalion
Vets are still the best infantry in the game. Don't shed tears for them!
sig.jpg
My Iron Warrior Army: Army Thread
My Painting Blog: With Tutorials, WIPs, and Bad Puns

LtDan

LtDan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 467 posts
Vets are still definitely worth taking. Dropping a ten man machine killer squad will definitely hurt. Or monster hunter Infront of mech. Weapon masters out of dreadclaw etc.
New interceptor/scanner rule definitely does hurt but doesn't stop the r.o.w

ProsperoStands

ProsperoStands

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 99 posts

Indeed. I use machine killer vets with combi metlas and they will drop a spartan.

Weapon master vets are a lot of fun with that WS 5, toss in a Chaplain and its brutal.

I have never used monster hunters before.

LtDan

LtDan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 467 posts
In 30k only really good against mech. Luckily you pick tactic at beginning of game, not on list writing. Very handy

ProsperoStands

ProsperoStands

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 99 posts

How do people feel about doing hybrid OD lists?

I have been toying with doing a large amount of jump troops with about 4-6 pods dropping in.

Jump pack units/land speeders/Jet bikes can start on the table RAW since they have the Deep Strike special rule.

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18,508 posts

How do people feel about doing hybrid OD lists?

I have been toying with doing a large amount of jump troops with about 4-6 pods dropping in.

Jump pack units/land speeders/Jet bikes can start on the table RAW since they have the Deep Strike special rule.

It's the best way to do it I think. Gives you a good backline/ second wave for turn 2.

Though the reverse is that if you go second your opponent gets to dictate the battle a little more.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users