Captain Semper

dark-aposotle-chaos-marine.jpeg

LESS THAN A MONTH TO GO!!!

I can finally add some completions of my own :biggrin.:

Hidden Content

gallery_30308_10249_55200.jpg

gallery_30308_10249_17221.jpg

gallery_30308_10249_18119.jpg

While I could claim this is 50% of my vow that's only in units :laugh.: Another 16 models to go...

I think I've got it right but pls check to make sure I ticked the correct units. :wink:

Well today I realised I am not going to be able to complete the Call. Again. Like our glorious Warmaster Abaddon it seemed I will need 13 tries before I succeed. Real life concerns have taken up my free time. No matter, I shall embrace my spawndom and return better next year

Are you sure? A bit less than a month to go - are you sure you're out? If so, the Spawn badge is in the rules' post! :laugh.:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Damn it all. While washing some of the legs for my Brass Scorpion, I spilled, and totally lost, my pot of Agrax Earthshade. And my local GW is now closed until Wednesday. Gah! :laugh.:

I swear, if it's not one thing it's another.....

Edited by Gederas

It's a sad fate for a pot, not just in the waste but also the clean up... at least you didn't get your model - silver linings! :smile.: My next unit assembled and ready :biggrin.:

gallery_30308_10249_32293.jpg

There I was thinking the Rubric box was amazing! Keen to get started on him but I'll need the Rubrics assembled to prime them together. Maybe I can replicate the Daemonettes and get them primed this week? Though with such exquisite detail to paint I suspect I won't get anywhere near close to finishing :laugh.:

I've updated my vow post with the new WIP, here's hoping we get to see some more Thousand Sons updates here soon :thumbsup: I fear my Daemons might have very strong competition for my affection... :wink:

It's a sad fate for a pot, not just in the waste but also the clean up... at least you didn't get your model - silver linings! :smile.: My next unit assembled and ready :biggrin.:

Well, it got on some of the Brass Scorpion's legs. But it wasn't too bad since I was washing them already :lol:

Lots of amazing inspiration in this thread as always. Making good progress on my contemptor. Think I'm basically done with the painting barring a few touch ups and deciding on what to do with the gem/orb in the headpiece. Otherwise, just basing and transfers and I should be done.

gallery_68171_12457_812063.jpg

Edited by Galloway

Just dropping an update.  I'm behind where I want to be, especially with the bulk of my traitor infantry left to paint (really should have left out that part of the vow... the holidays and real life always get me this time of year.... and I forget to take that into consideration when I do this challenge)

But here's where Harvey/Brent and the other two sentinels are at the moment, still in-progress. I'f fairly sure I'll finish them on time, but I know the 24 traitor guardsmen will get me. I could see them done by years end.  Well...... I also got distracted by a sculpting/conversion project. Y'all can check the "Cults of DOOooom" thread for the rest of the progress.

sentIP01.jpg

sentIP02.jpg

HarveyspawnIP1.jpg

Looking forward to seeing all these models finished in the next couple weeks! This looks to be a very productive CoC already.

For my vows, I'm pleased and more than a little surprised to report that I've finished my entire vow!

Here's vow number 5 - Bloodmaster (aka Herald of Khorne)

Uq6JWop.jpg?1

I still can't quite decide if I actually like this model or not. It was fine to paint, but not sure how I feel about the sculpt of the face and how it looks next to the rest of the bloodletters.

And vow number 6 - another Bloodmaster (aka Herald of Khorne)

HpZSdo3.jpg?1

A rather unoriginal kitbash but effective I think.

I tried a slightly different set up for the photos and it is a bit better, I guess. I think the color of light is making the background look 'warmer' than it is - I'll keep tinkering and may eventually figure it out.

Here's the total output for this Call - a Battalion of Bloodletters - Finished just in time to get one or two games in before Chapter Approved and whatever sort of point cost change that comes with it.

31agJqc.jpg?1

I hope I can add my completion soon too, excellent work :thumbsup:

gallery_30308_10249_31702.jpg

Having my remaining vow units all built and primed is a good bit of progress, now I'm freed up to spend my hobby time until the deadline getting paint on models - the important bit :biggrin.: There's a lot of great detail - plus some final colour choices to make (going to go for white on cloth) - but there should be enough time for me to plod slowly through :smile.:

I've updated my vow post with the final WIP shot also, let's all make the final push! Especially my Thousand Sons brothers :wink:

All quiet in here, I hope that's because everyone is busy painting :wink: I've been doing my bit:

gallery_30308_10249_73346.jpg

Progress is slow, but not unexpectedly so. With the time left before the deadline I should be able to work my way through. That's the bad thing about such fancy models, but it's a price I'm willing to pay :P

Let's see if we can't get more progress pictures in here, lest everyone think you're not painting anything :laugh.:

So good to see that CoC is going strong.

@Captain Semper, you have no idea how glad I am to see you at the helm of this madness. If I realised much earlier I may have been tempted to put a mini in. Not enough time for my slow painting.

@Captain Semper, you have no idea how glad I am to see you at the helm of this madness. If I realised much earlier I may have been tempted to put a mini in. Not enough time for my slow painting.

I'm sure you can manage one little model... it could be your returning celebratory gift :wink:

@Warriorfish... what do you think of that gold primer? I've always been curious, is it easy to paint over?

It's very good, covers well and easily. Painting on top is fine, I feel it's sort of an in-between compared to Skull White and Chaos Black with regards to dark/light colours. For example Naggaroth Night covers nicely in a couple of coats but that's probably what you'd need on black (maybe a third). If you've experience of painting over metallic paints then that will be your best comparison (it is what it is after all!) :thumbsup:

I'm sure you can manage one little model... it could be your returning celebratory gift :wink:

Not while I'm still painting a bust and another figure.

Perhaps in the new year I'll completely deface a Primaris mini for old time sake.

Until then; keep going you lot. You can smash your vows and please your chosen gods. Or your eternal souls be eaten in the depths of the warp for infinity.

I'm looking forward to sitting atop my throne as a Warmaster. Presumably all the spawn have to bring us tea and biscuits, and mop the floor. If that doesn't sound too bad; remember that this is chaotic floor. It gets dirtier as you clean and is also inside out :laugh.: Best get painting everyone :wink:

My vow to the Chaos gods is now COMPLETE!

World Eaters rhino. I got this model 10 years ago from a friend who all but butchered it while trying to put it together. After stripping away who knows how many layers of paint, the model underneath looked horrible. I did what I could, but it just looks rough. I have determined after I buy a replacement this one will be come terrain, so I didn't stress over making it look pretty.

Rhino

This is my completed chaos terminator lord, By-Tor, Lord of the Wrathful Host.

By-Tor 1

By-Tor 2

By-Tor 3

Lastly, shots of my completed vow (with the exception of Khârn, I just had to include him in some shots).

CoC vow completed

AL Contemptor

By-Tor on Rhino

Rakkarth

Warlords

Chosen

CSM combat squad

Berzerkers

IMG 4043

I had a blast and look forward to participating again next year. I also look forward to taking up the mantle of WARMASTER! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!!