+++Call of Chaos XI+++

Captain Semper

Why not post pictures directly into the comment? It couldn't be easier: rightclick on the image on imgur, select 'copy image', then put your cursor into your comment where you want the image to be, then press 'paste'. It's literally exactly as much work as coppying URLs into your comment (in fact, the only difference is that you select the image instead of the URL, which arguably is even easier to do, as you need less accuracy with your cursor) , but it's orders of magnitude more friendly to potential viewers :smile.::thumbsup:

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Hello tordeck and welcome to the B&C!

Good to see you joining the Call - I understand you did not make an initial vow - but nevertheless you completed 5 units. I have updated the first page with those 5 and you have earned the title of Lord of Chaos! 

But do I have I go this correct? 5 units and you're calling it? 

Haha I've been here in 2005 but thanks for the Welcome back.

I was late to the party and just grabbed what I had finished.  I completed 1 Kill Team, 2 Commanders and 1 min CSM Squad. So 4.

OK then, I fixed your entry (I think) - good to have you back! :D

Finished my aspiring champ, happy overall with how he looks but the pics didn't wanna cooperate, so gonna do a full picture set with fluff when I get back home and get a better setup, but, for now...

Valimar T'Soros, Second claw champion, Eighth of the Knyrapterax, Hel-born, The Bound Lord, and master of the Pallid Brethren.

Hidden Content

p.jpeg?size=1280x960&size_mode=3p.jpeg?size=1280x960&size_mode=3p.jpeg?size=1280x960&size_mode=3p.jpeg?size=1280x960&size_mode=3p.jpeg?size=1280x960&size_mode=3p.jpeg?size=1280x960&size_mode=3

Congrats on the completion Aeternus but the links above don't work - at least I cannot see them... I have updated the first page to record your completion but when you get the time  have a look at those you loyal servant of Chaos you! :laugh.:

Any better Cap? 

Hello tordeck and welcome to the B&C!

Good to see you joining the Call - I understand you did not make an initial vow - but nevertheless you completed 5 units. I have updated the first page with those 5 and you have earned the title of Lord of Chaos! 

But do I have I go this correct? 5 units and you're calling it? 

Haha I've been here in 2005 but thanks for the Welcome back.

I was late to the party and just grabbed what I had finished.  I completed 1 Kill Team, 2 Commanders and 1 min CSM Squad. So 4.

OK then, I fixed your entry (I think) - good to have you back! :biggrin.:

Mostly. The Poxwalkers and Plague Marines are the Kill Team so for the op listing can you edit it to - Kill Team "The Undying Blemish"?

As I predicted in my original post I didn't manage to finish all my units. I got five out of six completed, missing out on the Bloodcrushers. 

Here are my finished units

5x Flesh Hounds

BqdwoKC.jpg

5x Flesh Hounds

J96kc6S.jpg

20 Bloodletters

zuMn25j.jpg

Skullmaster

t4QflXJ.jpg

Bloodthirster

KKbXI4w.jpg

Many Thanks

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/Call_of_Chaos_11_Poster.jpg

THE ELEVENTH CALL OF CHAOS IS OFFICIALLY OVER!

Another Call of Chaos has come to an end.

This year the Chaos crowd outdid itself with a monumental effort in both quantity and (what has now become its trademark) quality! Interestingly, in the last day of the event, GW released some juicy new daemon minis... Well, there will be opportunities in the not so distant future... :whistling: Maybe after Tzeentch and Nurgle, Khorne and Slaanesh will get some love.

It's great to see the community embracing the Call, not only with the die-hard veterans but also with new blood, attracted to the faction... And this year we had a wave of participants that literally joined during the last week of the event, collectively known as the "crazies"! :laugh.: Let's see if this will catch-on or if it was a one-off freak occurrence.

Now before I go any further:

PLEASE CHECK THE FIRST PAGE TO MAKE SURE YOUR STATUS IS CORRECTLY DEPICTED!

So what happened this year?

Well, we had 38 participants of which only 16 turned into hideous spawns - that's a completion rate of 58% - at similar level than last year. Participation however was more subdued vs. last year, which suggests to me that it's time to shake thing up! The Call of Chaos is the longest running event in the B&C - with 11 incarnations... It has mutated over the years and I think it's time to revisit the format of next year... So expect the unexpected! :biggrin.:

So time for the badges. If you think I got your stats wrong, before you reach for the bolter, pick the badge you believe is correct and then notify me to correct any mistake.

WARMASTER OF CHAOS
http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/Call_of_Chaos_11_Banner_01f.jpg gallery_29004_9303_10186.png
Atia
Augustus b'Raass
DuskRaider
Eldrick Shadowblade
Freakshow668
Gederas
Insane Psychopath
Lhorke the First
Sgt. Blank
Warrior Fish

LORD OF CHAOS
http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/Call_of_Chaos_11_Banner_01e.jpg gallery_29004_9303_671.png
Azekai

CHAMPION OF CHAOS
http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/Call_of_Chaos_11_Banner_01d.jpg gallery_29004_9303_1748.png
Scion
tordeck

ASPIRING CHAMPION
http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/Call_of_Chaos_11_Banner_01c.jpg gallery_29004_9303_10432.png

-

CHOSEN OF CHAOS
http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/Call_of_Chaos_11_Banner_01b.jpg gallery_29004_9303_5655.png

Kor Dalron
TheOneTrueZon
Tallarn Commander

SERVANT OF CHAOS
http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/Call_of_Chaos_11_Banner_01a.jpg gallery_29004_9303_8185.png
Aeternus
Dragonlover
Galloway
Kierdale
Mac_Atk
RobWrath

MARK OF THE LOST AND THE DAMNED (i.e. SPAWN)
http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/Call_of_Chaos_11_Banner_02.jpg gallery_29004_9303_950.png
Brother Sgt Arkley
Company Master Holden
FirstSonOfHorus
Iron Father Ferrum
Midnight Runner
Lord Marshal
Biohazard
Brother Argent
Brother Callidan
KillerClamato
Lord Commander Eidolon
​Mr Farson
Rednekkboss
Shinespider
Slave to Darkness
​Tankus Wokus

Medallion-style badge to follow...

So this is it for this year! I would like to take this opportunity to once again thank the Grand Master of the Inner Circle @The Shadow Guard for his invaluable support with the evocative imagery for this (and every) event. Thank you Grand Master!

Congratulations to all and until next year, farewell!

Captain Semper
Member of the Inner Circle
Master of Recruits

Well done everyone, some good work done here :thumbsup: Wonder what I'll be vowing next time..?

Same here. Maybe I'll leave the Slaanesh half of Wrath & Rapture for next year? Hmm....

Wow, you can sit on those for a whole year? Brave.

Congrats to everyone who not only completed their vows but just got models finished in general. That's what this is all about and to see so many well painted and completed Best Faction models brings a blasphemous tear to my eye.

Well done everyone, some good work done here :thumbsup: Wonder what I'll be vowing next time..?

Same here. Maybe I'll leave the Slaanesh half of Wrath & Rapture for next year? Hmm....
Wow, you can sit on those for a whole year? Brave.

Congrats to everyone who not only completed their vows but just got models finished in general. That's what this is all about and to see so many well painted and completed Best Faction models brings a blasphemous tear to my eye.

I got Dark Imperium when 8th dropped and I still haven't painted all of it :lol: So yes, I can sit on the Slaaneshi Daemons for a whole year. Especially since I have a more filled out Khorne Daemons army than a non-existent Slaaneshi daemons army :p

Congrats to all those completing their vows, tongue-in-cheek but firm rebukes to the 16 Spawn, and a massive THANK YOU to our Lord and Saviour Captain Semper for hosting the event AGAIN! Your dedication to the forum is incredible, and I thank and commend you for all your efforts, mate. Well done! :tu:

Also:

Hidden Content

The elenth call?

[snip]

THE ELENTH CALL OF CHAOS IS OFFICIALLY OVER!

[snip]

Semper made a booboo! :D

Congrats to all those completing their vows, tongue-in-cheek but firm rebukes to the 16 Spawn, and a massive THANK YOU to our Lord and Saviour Captain Semper for hosting the event AGAIN! Your dedication to the forum is incredible, and I thank and commend you for all your efforts, mate. Well done! :tu:

Thank you for your very kind words! :blush:

Also:

Hidden Content

The elenth call?

[snip]

THE ELENTH CALL OF CHAOS IS OFFICIALLY OVER!

[snip]

Semper made a booboo! :D

I’m sure I don’t know what you mean... :whistling:

• 5 months later...

OK, I'm necro'ing this to let everyone know that we now have the medallion versions of the badges! 

Feel free to take the appropriate badge in your sig!

A big thank you to Forte for his assistance, as usual he's presence was catalytic! :)