Canis Rex

UniWolf

nope

I don't belive for a moment there's going to be a werewolf knight. Not now, and I hope not ever.

Spaces wolves are not proud of the wulfen show...they aren't going to made a big giant posterboy of it.

GW on the other hand ... 

We've known for awhile Canis Rex was going to be a Imperial Knight.

I agree with GrFlur, I hope there is never a werewolf knight even the Wulfen dread is a bit far in my opinion. As we've seen in the lore being a Wulfen is something to be ashamed of. Logan is still concerned about trying to stop the curse as seen about his concern with the Primaris.

A little known Knight World of Argentor is pretty much right next to Fenris on the galactic map. Freeblades mesh well thematically with the rejection of authority and embracing individualism aspects. And well, folk of Fenris aren't exactly averse in making unusual alliances.

Most importantly in my view, any fluff reasons why we might field one?

our codex has an entry about a hawkshroud knight swearing loyalty to us

i have my own fluff for my knight detachment as well

i field house mortan

they were present for the most recent attack on fenris as part of the DA assembly. my knights were part of the fighting on svellgard (with sven and harald)

they saw great martial prowess from the wolves in the fight against demons

They have sworn an oath of loyalty to make amends for being tricked and fighting against loyalists

Logan has assigned them to my task force as we seek revenge on a private hunt

Plus the whole space wolves save a knight world from orks and exterminatus from the last campaign (to early to recall names)

Alaric Prime. This was the infamous campaign where Krom and Ragnar basically made a fool of themselves. Mostly Krom though, but thankfully he wised up after that, volunteering to stay at the Fang when the CoTW and WoM happened. Ragnar I think at one point, blindly charged into an Ork Horde even when Logan told him to hold the line.

I believe the Knights at Alaric Prime were Terryn, which is a very decent house by itself, both rules wise and fluff wise. Gerantius the lone Green Knight was also part of the campaign, so a case can be made for a Gerantius like Freeblade to fight with the Wolves.

Most importantly in my view, any fluff reasons why we might field one?

Wolves respect honour and courage in their allies which are traits that Knights tend to exemplify. I can easily imagine Knights and Wolves being fielded together and the Knights dying to give the Wolves a chance to win the battle with just a lone survivor. Afterwards the Iron Priests patch up the surviving Knight who swears fealty to the Wolves in return. This then gives you an excuse to run one of these!

54ea2fe4853d5c6b1c64df96b70be955.jpg

Archived