Captain Semper's Adeptus Titanicus project

Captain Semper

+++ADEPTUS TITANICUS+++

maxresdefault.jpg

So it begins!

When this new game came out, I was totally smitten! The minis are fantastic and the game itself is , I think outstanding. Not only the mechanics work, but there is an immersion quality that I haven't felt, since BFG!

So in my attempt to build an Axiom Maniple I purchased my first Warlord!

Here it is:

gallery_27176_14912_172329.jpg

I'm really excited! The funny thing is I have not decided on the Legio yet! Krytos seems a good option, as does Mortis and Metallica... Atarus is not bad either!

This will also be my first attempt ever in magnetisation... AND I plan to use my airbrush for the first time since the late 80s! :ohmy.:

I will go through this project step by step, form building, to magnetising, to painting and applying the decals... I will also maintain a sister thread in the Forge WIP - possibly getting more people interested in this game (or at least its modelling side! :smile.:

So, what Legio? The five ones in the box sort of have the advantage of specific decals - but that's not so limiting for me...

My Legio Krytos force (completed 22 December 2018)

Hidden Content

gallery_27176_14912_145763.jpg

My Legio Atarus force (completed 24 March 2020)

Hidden Content

gallery_27176_14912_264162.jpeg

I’ll be following this closely! I’m sure you’ll have no trouble with the magnets. I’ve been doing it for years, starting with the old crisis suit weapons. So if an idiot like me can do it, it’ll be a walk in the park for you!

Good luck! Legio Ignatum salutes you!

Looking forward to this!

I'm totally in love with the models, the little colour/pattern variations you can do between titans, and as you say, it's nice to gain confidence with something new - I've fully magnetised all of mine and broken out the airbrush too!

As long as you've got some masking tape, I'd vote for Legio Krytos; really cool scheme, bad guys, sounds psuedo-Greek, and they hang around with the Iron Warriors, who are also fairly Greek...ish... I'm tempted to do them myself once I finish all my pesky loyalists...  :thumbsup:

Excellent! I will follow this closely as I have never magnetised anything either!

I will be glad to share my experience... The thing is, this is supposed to be an easy to magnetise kit - so it'll be a bit like cheating... :tongue.:

I’ll be following this closely! I’m sure you’ll have no trouble with the magnets. I’ve been doing it for years, starting with the old crisis suit weapons. So if an idiot like me can do it, it’ll be a walk in the park for you!

Good luck! Legio Ignatum salutes you!

Fingers crossed... Will you be starting a Legio Ignatum blog?

Looking forward to this!

I'm totally in love with the models, the little colour/pattern variations you can do between titans, and as you say, it's nice to gain confidence with something new - I've fully magnetised all of mine and broken out the airbrush too!

As long as you've got some masking tape, I'd vote for Legio Krytos; really cool scheme, bad guys, sounds psuedo-Greek, and they hang around with the Iron Warriors, who are also fairly Greek...ish... I'm tempted to do them myself once I finish all my pesky loyalists... :thumbsup:

Krytos Nothing beats pseudo-Greek! :tongue.: But whatever little background we have and the colour scheme rock!

Metaluca for the win, great name, bold red and glorious gold, plus some industrial stripes

Not to mention black and white stripes - not the over-used red black and yellow! :wink:

Anyways, here's some progress:

gallery_27176_14912_195899.jpg

gallery_27176_14912_241531.jpg

gallery_27176_14912_76581.jpg

gallery_27176_14912_29002.jpg

OK, first off, I try to re-familiarise myself with the airbrush:

med_gallery_27176_14912_84399.jpg

To that, I start with the "easy" task of spraying War Paints' gun metal on the body of the Titan:

med_gallery_27176_14912_154545.jpg

And the end-result:

med_gallery_27176_14912_133148.jpg

Not easy! It turns out I'm completely out of touch - I need to re-learn the basics... I kind of regret to have to get my first try with this model. :ermm:

Be that as it may, I carry on to the Nuln Oil phase:

gallery_27176_14912_96383.jpg

STILL HAVE NOT DECIDED ON THE LEGIO!!!!

And it's not because I can't find the right one, it's because I cannot eliminate so many good options! Krytos maybe...

Thanks for posting it step-by-step. I've only seen beautifully painted complete titans or finished legs, etc. It's good to see the model going together a bit at a time. What were the legs like to assemble? Read complete nightmare stories and even seen examples with them on backwards!

Thank you sir - glad to be of service! :biggrin.:

The legs are indeed tricky... I was alerted to the fact that some people got it wrong and I was extra careful. The instructions are pretty clear but you need to follow them closely - sometimes things are a bit counter-intuitive... As a matter of fact, it found it very difficult to pose it correctly. There are the ball-joints in the hip and the knees that have a wide ark movement (more than 180 degrees! :ohmy.:) and the ball-joints in the ankles. An all these must be glued in a position to keep the waist parallel with the ground -even a small deviation of a few degrees and you'll end up with a Titan looking at the sky or at his toes! :laugh.:

Anyways, some progress:

Metals on the top part BEFORE shading:

med_gallery_27176_14912_185850.jpg

med_gallery_27176_14912_76931.jpg

med_gallery_27176_14912_19366.jpg

Yeah, maybe the pic is actually flattering... there is some unwanted texture - I did something like 15 layers of metallics and washes. If you tell me to do again, I don’t even remember how. Will give it a go still, but I’m a bit disheartened.

Oh, and ignore the rats.. :p