Captain Semper's Adeptus Titanicus project

Captain Semper

If it were me... and obviously it's not so take it for what it is... I'd think about doing the purple in a chameleon color or something to make it markedly different from the red (which I'd stipple or attempt a marble effect). Something like one of these:

http://www.greenstuffworld.com/en/chameleon-acrylic-paints/680-chameleon-colorshift-toxic-purple-paint.html

For the trim I'd go a pale gold or platinum type color, keep it looking metal.

If it were me... and obviously it's not so take it for what it is... I'd think about doing the purple in a chameleon color or something to make it markedly different from the red (which I'd stipple or attempt a marble effect). Something like one of these:

http://www.greenstuffworld.com/en/chameleon-acrylic-paints/680-chameleon-colorshift-toxic-purple-paint.html

For the trim I'd go a pale gold or platinum type color, keep it looking metal.

They say on their site that stuff is okay to brush on but I've heard that's not the case.

Hmmm 

A hard colour combination to pull off as red is purples 'mother' colour and so can dominate it very easily however it can be done with some thought. 

My take is thus.

Make the red darker, browner and a natural shade  personally I'd go for mahogany and leave it Matt 

Push the purple brighter and add an effect again personally I would go Violet and either metallic or pearlesant and a huge gloss finish. 

Keep the trim colours bone to help delineate where they meet.

Hope this helps 

To be honest purple is really not a favourite colour of mine. I don't actually own any purple paint!

That said, I think the reaver looks decent. The bone-coloured edges help because they give you a really strong contrast, so there's never a border with red against purple.

First of all, the good news:

med_gallery_27176_14912_164806.jpg

med_gallery_27176_14912_82658.jpg

That means that Black Arrow's Volcano Cannon has arrived. As did all the new decal sheets... :smile.: Also, Titandeath is here - very, VERY happy! :yes:

And the even better news: The Cerastus are done!

gallery_27176_14912_236098.jpg

Thx! :)

Regarding posing, the legs are a single piece each so the striding position is pretty much fixed for each one. I suppose you can mix the legs between different models if you do more than two but that’s about it. The hands have more poseability as you can change the angles of the shoulders and the elbows... so the lance can point a bit more to the sky or to the ground and pointing more outwards or inwards... There is poseability on the waist too, so I guess every one might look very different. Especially given the three different kinds of heads. :)