Captain Semper's Adeptus Titanicus project

Captain Semper

FELIX CULPA

REAVER CLASS TITAN OF LEGIO ATARUS

gallery_27176_14912_140793.jpeg

med_gallery_27176_14912_21556.jpeg med_gallery_27176_14912_19466.jpeg

med_gallery_27176_14912_29418.jpeg

Well, here's my start with Legio Atarus. It was a happy mistake to be sure, as it started its life as a Legio Vulpa engine. As it happened I was not at all happy with the "meaty" quality of my reds so I sort of written it off. I considered stripping it - although it was a daunting prospect and then I tried to use it as a testbed for possibly the Atarus. And it sort of worked!

Now I'm way more comfortable with the Atarus scheme, and besides I wanted to go Loyalist anyway... I know need to apply the decals although the decal sheet provides several options and I'm in two minds... The artwork does not provide a ton of examples, and the icons are kind of sparse so I need to ponder on it a bit. But I will get there. Be that as it may, I'm now committed to Legio Atarus! :smile.:

Looks great, though your timing is terrible. You could have counted this towards your event!

It's a bit weird how little guidance we get on where to put the decals. You can really make up your own mind, but in some cases it's really not obvious what you're supposed to do.

Nice work on that Reaver good Captain. I was planning on doing the Firebrands too till I decided my own Legio. You are making me waver :tongue.:

Question how did you do the metal and gold/brass on him/her?

Well, my principle is to keep it simple! Hence the metals are two kinds: the body is leadbelcher (or rather the equivalent Army Painter Gun Metal) with a Nuln Oil wash (or two) and then Agrax while the rims is Gun Metal with only Agrax. Two coats of Agrax. Works very well and it's dead easy. Then you dry brush at your heart's content! :)

With bone color that opaque you must paint some mean Deathwing.

Well, it's Ushabti over Zandri. That simple. Nothing to it. Maybe to thin coats of Ushabti but yeah. That's it. :)

Looks great, though your timing is terrible. You could have counted this towards your event!

It's a bit weird how little guidance we get on where to put the decals. You can really make up your own mind, but in some cases it's really not obvious what you're supposed to do.

Timing is OK. I now feel more confident to tackle the other Reaver that's in the post! ;) 

Decals will require some thinking... 

And before the new Reaver arrives, here goes:

gallery_27176_14912_170862.jpeg

Right, so this is giving me some options/choices/questions:

- I want to make a "historic" Atarus Warlord

- The only official depiction of an Atarus Warlord that I have found is the one in the Titandeath supplement Ex Noctia

- On the plus side: Cool name! On the minus side boring loadout and kind of boring scheme... Like a mushroom. Still not writing it off completely...

- The only other Firebrands' "historic" Warlord that I could find out is the Exultant which is mentioned in the BL Titandeath HH book. No official depiction.

- Unfortunately, although I have the book, I really cannot search to see if there is a more detailed description for the Exultant (like weapons' loadout at least).

Has any one any other info for "official" Atarus Warlords? Is there an image out there that I missed? And can anyone (who might have the e-book) help me with the Exultant?

Cheers. :smile.:

- The only other Firebrands' "historic" Warlord that I could find out is the Exultant which is mentioned in the BL Titandeath HH book. No official depiction. 

- Unfortunately, although I have the book, I really cannot search to see if there is a more detailed description for the Exultant (like weapons' loadout at least).

Has any one any other info for "official" Atarus Warlords? Is there an image out there that I missed? And can anyone (who might have the e-book) help me with the Exultant?

Cheers. :smile.:

It has a Volcano Cannon, Laser Blasters. and I think Plasma

There is a bit in Chapter 20 - Disaster at Theta-Garmon,

It describes Nuntio Dolores ripping off Exultants Volcano Cannon, then the Laser Blasters penetrating Nuntio's void shields and it describes the charging coils of something glowing blue which I assume to be plasma.

Edited by Wolf Guard Einar

Ignis Ferrus is the special character Atarus Warlord in the Loyalist Titans of Legend set. Its fluff says:

Forged during the Age of Strife, Ignis Ferrus is posessed of a machine spirit so thirsty for battle, it once overpowered any Princeps that dared bond with it. To sate its rage, the Ignis Ferrus contains a reactor modified by lost arts and able to soothe the machine spirit's fury to a manageahble level.

That seems quite cool to me. Rules wise it treats a double reactor advance as only a single and if its machine spirit takes over it's always wrathful. It also has a yellow reactor pip where other warlords have their first orange one, so it's less likely to hurt itself. Unlike some of the special characters Ignis Ferrus doesn't come with any set weapons, so I'm afraid it's no help on that score. I'm not sure if there are any pictures of it anywhere either, I'm afraid.

The Titandeath supplement has a number of colour plates of Atarus titans. It shows a Warlord called Ex Noctia, armed with double volcano cannons and laser blasters. There are also a bunch of pictures of Reavers and Warhounds, as they illustrate the Janissary maniple later in the book. A quite common design on them seems to be quite thin red and white stripes or chevrons, covering a whole panel.

I wouldn't worry too much about load-outs. If I understand the fluff right, titans would frequently change their load-out between deployments and maybe even in the field. I'd just make whatever you think is cool.