Captain Semper's Adeptus Titanicus project

Captain Semper

Why not model some damage as if it had been blown off? It would give the Warhound more character as well. I ran into a similar problem with one of my Knights, I lost a head and I have no idea where it went. I used an Ork skull in it's place.

I also nearly lost one of these. Since then I always try to pinch the tiny piece between my fingers.

Two solutions:

(1) Let your nails grow Fu-Manchu style

Face%2Bof%2BFu%2BManchu.JPG

(2) Use a small box into which to cut so you limit the space into which the piece can fly

Of course no guarantee that works 100% of the time.

Another trick I used to determine the likely flying direction of the missing piece was to cut another one (exactly similar or very closely similar) from the sprue in exactly the same way. The risk of course is to loose both pieces. I don't advise this for AT void shields generators nor other similarly small pieces. For the 40K piece I tried this trick, I eventually found it, 6-7 meters away, one floor below.

well, Warhounds do have tiny parts that I wish they didn't, one of the Void Shield Generators flew off the sprue when I clipped it and now I can't find it, even after a week of searching... so I can't finish that titan, and I can't just leave the other side missing sense I'd already glued that one in place...

It’s okay, the Legio Ignatum Warhound featured at Warhammer Fest EU and in WD didn’t have them on at all, so you’d be in good company! I don’t understand why they couldn’t be moulded on (but I’m not a sprue designer...)

like I said I already had the other side's Void Shield glued in place, creating a vary noticeable asymmetry that I did not want.

on the subject of why it's a separate bit in the first place, there is a little bit of over hang and side profile detailing that maybe couldn't be done if the generator was molded directly onto the armor plate, though I'd not miss it if they had just sunk the part deeper into the plate and lost that detail.

it's also possible that they were being considerate to hobbyists who might want these bits to be separate for customizing/converting purposes, though I feel that that's less likely then them just wanting to preserve more of the 40K sale kit's detail in Titanicus

Why not model some damage as if it had been blown off? It would give the Warhound more character as well. I ran into a similar problem with one of my Knights, I lost a head and I have no idea where it went. I used an Ork skull in it's place.

for now I'm just leaving this guy off to the side, either I'll end up finding the missing shield generator, or rules for Chaos Titans come out and I Nurgle-affy the thing with globs of Green Stuff and spare Chaos bits.

whichever comes first

I'm going to need to buy more Warhounds to fill out my Maniple anyway, especially sense I don't want to use the carapace with Horus iconography on it, but still want to use the spikey rimmed/future chaos styled armor bits for that particular Maniple.

Hey Bryan! :D

Well, Definitely the Black Arrow - a Reaver with the gatling and the cannon. The latter is currently unavailable but should become available soon - hopefully within 2018 (?).

The question is: I have a second Reaver. Should I do him as Krytos and give me the optionality of having two Maniples (Axion and Venator with attached Warlord) or should I forfeit that option and have the second Reaver as the beginning of a different Legio?

Decisions, decisions... :P

Very nice!

I guess all depends on how many more titans you are planning to add in the longer run and how many games you are planning in the short run. I would go for the two maniples option, especially if you can have several games in a near future, knowing that a second legio would likely appear down the road.

If you can't decide, just roll a dice or toss a coin.

Next week you can pre-order the new warlord and the cerastus knights

I don’t know about the games - it’s more of a theoretical approach...

Fatigue over the scheme is more of a concern. Black Arrow will happen but I will re-evaluate the situation after that.

I sure look forward for the new Warlord and the new opportunities for another Legio build around another Maniple. I guess Titandeath would be an important factor in the decision process. :)

If fatigue concern is the primary concern, then I would go for starting another Legio. Or alternatively, squeeze in a few knights before the next titan. Or a few terrain elements.

I have a tendency to switch from one to the other, hence a somewhat chaotic global process, even if I am pretty methodical for some things (e.g. magnetising).

That Warhound is looking good Semper. I'm impressed with how quickly you've been painting.

I agree with the suggestion to do some terrain (or some knights) if you get bored with Krytos. Titan Death will be along soon and I'm sure it will be filled with things to get the hobby juices flowing.

Now for the real question. Who will finish their Krytos Reaver first? :p

From your track record, I have a sneaking suspicion it may be you.

Keep up the good work.

Looking forward to seeing your work on the new resin bases.

Dallo

Alright so I’m coming over and you can do my transfers.

Hahaha, by all means! Although it’s a simple use of the Skitarii decal sheet and the Warhound decal sheet... nothing too exotic...

That Warhound is looking good Semper. I'm impressed with how quickly you've been painting.

I agree with the suggestion to do some terrain (or some knights) if you get bored with Krytos. Titan Death will be along soon and I'm sure it will be filled with things to get the hobby juices flowing.

Now for the real question. Who will finish their Krytos Reaver first? :p

From your track record, I have a sneaking suspicion it may be you.

Keep up the good work.

Looking forward to seeing your work on the new resin bases.

Dallo

Regarding speed, it’s been a while that a model range inspired me so... I literally can’t wait to paint them on a daily basis!

My Reaver (the Black Arrow from the rulebok) will carry the cannon that is not yet available, and although I may paint a proxy in the mean time, it’s not really going to be done until the new Reaver is out (or the new Reaver weapon sprue). What’s the load out for your Reaver?

Also, when is Titandeath coming out? Within 2018?

I hope Titandeath at least gives us some hints about those new in-between Titan classes that where confirmed to be coming but we've got nothing else about them... I've lost a lot of my drive to plan out my homebrew Legion, Arcana, sense I learned those where in the works, sense I want to theme each Titan around a Tarot card, having 3 or 4 more types of Titans really expands the possibilities for better theming.

Arcana is a good name.

I based the name on how Tarot decks are split into the "Major" and "Minor" Arcana(the 22 Majors would be specific venerable Battle Titans, the Minors would the Scout Titans and maybe "newer" Battle Titans, I'm excited about the news of a class of Titans smaller then Warhounds sense that can give them some variety), plus the general association the word has with magic doesn't hurt(going to have at least one Psi-Titan to represent "The Magician" maybe more depending on if Psi-Titans come in more classes then just Warlords)

but this is getting off topic sense this is someone else's project blog/thread.

Edited by RipOffProductions

I don’t know about the games - it’s more of a theoretical approach...

Fatigue over the scheme is more of a concern. Black Arrow will happen but I will re-evaluate the situation after that.

I sure look forward for the new Warlord and the new opportunities for another Legio build around another Maniple. I guess Titandeath would be an important factor in the decision process. :smile.:

Was literally just posting about being fed up painting red (I have a Mars Ad Mech army) in the AT chat thread! So I know exactly where you are coming from. Am having my head turned by Legio Gryphonicus - the yellow and grey look amazing.

Great progress on the Reaver!