Adeptus Titanicus Tactica - Reaver

Vogon

Blatantly copying Captain Idaho’s idea here we have the second in a selection of Tactica advice topics for us to work on as a community.

This topic will focus on the Jack of All Trades but master of none the Reaver, not as fast as the Warhound and not as heavily armed/armoured as the Warlord nonetheless this is probably going to be the most versatile unit available for a while.

As the game is still in its infancy right now, I expect this topic to change and evolve as time goes by and new releases come out. Once all 3 of the main Titans are released we'd probably have a completely different opinion on the tactics and strategy for this engine than now.

Reaver Titan

Concepts to discuss:

- Weapons systems

- Tactical uses of this Titan

- Load out combinations

- Role in Army/Maniple builds

- Best counters

- Miscellaneous additional content

First off I want to discuss the options in the box, most notably the power fist.

While the rule of cool says hell yes! Is it actually worth arming with one?

Cheers

Vogon

I'm thinking of running Reavers in pairs- one with a melta and fist, the other with either paired laser blasters or gatling blasters. The idea is for the paired Reaver to wipe out shields for my backfield Warlords or to wipe Knight banners while the CC Reaver supports a dash up the flank. Late game, the CC Reaver punches damaged engines to death while the paired Reaver keeps shields down and shoots up whatever is left on the board.

Paired Reavers sound a formidable force. I've toyed with the idea but I'm worried one will go down to combined fire and leave the other impotent.

An Apocalypse Launcher Reaver with 2 melta interests me greatly as a Titan killer. What do folk think?

• 4 weeks later...
Personally I like the idea (in a multi reaver list) of twin Fists and a warp missile. You shoot off the warp missile turn one, then you can push your reactor all the way up the board to slap some other titans around. Given that the game is mostly a shooting game, your opponent is likely to ignore the seemingly “useless” titan only for it to become a mid game “distraction carnifex.” It also looks hilarious

Personally I like the idea (in a multi reaver list) of twin Fists and a warp missile. You shoot off the warp missile turn one, then you can push your reactor all the way up the board to slap some other titans around. Given that the game is mostly a shooting game, your opponent is likely to ignore the seemingly “useless” titan only for it to become a mid game “distraction carnifex.” It also looks hilarious

Yes

Ta. You know, after I hit post I remembered that I'm working at home and got have wandered through to the other room and looked at the rule book...In my defence, I'm meant to be working (not posting on B&C :) ) and that would inevitably have led to ten minutes of playing with warhound parts.

Archived