Predators: Successor Chapter WIP

RG-Predators

Ever time I read the new posts on this I look at a few more pictures. Holy crap your Korvydae model smashing the head off the genestealer is amazing. Also the eyes on your scout... those are probably some of the best eyes I've seen. You can actually tell where the model is 'looking' with how you painted them. Very nice.

The bright green really works against the black.

Really great looking units; can't wait to see what you do with Primaris. You have a Thunderfire cannon; I'm so jealous..

It would be fun busting out quotes from the movies in friendly games.. :wink:

No reason why a Predator style alien can't exist in 40k, unrelated to 'nids. They could be quite well hidden or live on their ships. In fact I have 4 not-Predator aliens with big guns, made by Foundry. Once played a special game VS a guard army where I had to kill them all before they got to a building and my aliens could teleport around the board with these waypoint markers. It was really fun.

What would be a good datasheet to counts-as for Predators?

Eldar phoenix lord Karandaras, don't know his profile for 8th, but tweak the stats & stealth abilities to taste and done. He's pretty much based on a predator anyway.

And as for these predators, I don't know where to start. The posing on some of these models is awesome.

I feel the urge to blatantly copy them, sorry, I feel like I'm inspired by them.:smile.: 

oh snap.........very nicely done

Thank you!

Ever time I read the new posts on this I look at a few more pictures. Holy crap your Korvydae model smashing the head off the genestealer is amazing. Also the eyes on your scout... those are probably some of the best eyes I've seen. You can actually tell where the model is 'looking' with how you painted them. Very nice.

Thanks I appreciate that! Picking up a photo-booth next paycheck to do these models some honor. BTW did you notice Shrike uppercutting a hormagaunt? It's been my favorite since I completed him. :happy.:

The bright green really works against the black.

Really great looking units; can't wait to see what you do with Primaris. You have a Thunderfire cannon; I'm so jealous..

It would be fun busting out quotes from the movies in friendly games.. :wink:

No reason why a Predator style alien can't exist in 40k, unrelated to 'nids. They could be quite well hidden or live on their ships. In fact I have 4 not-Predator aliens with big guns, made by Foundry. Once played a special game VS a guard army where I had to kill them all before they got to a building and my aliens could teleport around the board with these waypoint markers. It was really fun.

What would be a good datasheet to counts-as for Predators?

Eldar phoenix lord Karandaras, don't know his profile for 8th, but tweak the stats & stealth abilities to taste and done. He's pretty much based on a predator anyway.

And as for these predators, I don't know where to start. The posing on some of these models is awesome.
I feel the urge to blatantly copy them, sorry, I feel like I'm inspired by them.:smile.:

Yeah the Primaris models are going to be a challenge, being that there aren't many different model options poses as opposed to the Mark 8's.

Creating a Predator style army would be legit, but if I was to do that I'd definitely want to create all new models and I don't see myself putting that much time into it. At least not at this point in my hobby career. Maybe in the future when I could just 3D-print a whole army!

I'm glad to be an inspiration to you. Most of my ideas are definitely influenced by all the stuff I've seen when I used to browse Dakka-Dakka.

• 1 month later...

Archived