Burni's Legio Ignatum plog

Burni

Thanks all. Feels odd to not have a titan waiting on the painting table! Really looking forward to some more releases - I think there's a GW presentation scheduled for the weekend at SPIEL. Maybe we'll hear something there.

I learned long ago to set realistic painting levels & goals for myself (due to said shakey hands), as I found myself putting off painting things from a sort of minor 'fear of failure'. But I still try and do something new on each project, to improve. The chevrons were my goal this time, and I'm really pleased with how they turned out.

Edited by Burni

Thanks, that very kind of you to say. I don't think I've ever enjoyed being a part of the community as much as I have in this AT sub forum - it just so great.

Hmmm SPIEL is 25th to 28th Oct but now I can't find anything about GW being there this year (they did some big announcements there last year). I think I read it on Dakka but maybe it was someone speculating. Hopefully they'll be there.

Thanks all. Feels odd to not have a titan waiting on the painting table! Really looking forward to some more releases - I think there's a GW presentation scheduled for the weekend at SPIEL. Maybe we'll hear something there.

I learned long ago to set realistic painting levels & goals for myself (due to said shakey hands), as I found myself putting off painting things from a sort of minor 'fear of failure'. But I still try and do something new on each project, to improve. The chevrons were my goal this time, and I'm really pleased with how they turned out.

My hands are shaky too, I hope it’s not a result of years playing with glues. I find it challenging to do small details too. :(

• 1 month later...
++ Praise the Omnissiah. Commence manufactorium initiation. His favour has granted us more God-Machines to bring destruction on the enemies of Mars  ++

After a bit of a break, I'm now building the remaining Warlord from my GME in preparation for the separate weapon sprue release early next year. Plan is to get it built and painted but wait for the front carapace armour and head from the new sprue. The weapon will of course be magnetised.

I also picked up a cheap Reaver and box of Warhounds on Black Friday. And have got my Cerastus Knights coming. Yeesh! The Tech-Priests are going to be busy!

The Reaver will be similar to the Warlord as I want to use a head/mask from the new sprue next year. Will probably have a Volcano cannon arm too. So I'll get it built and painted ready to be finished next year.

I wish I knew what was going on with the Knight carapace weapons though - still got the remaining 3 from the box to do but would like to magnetise them so need the weapons to plan that out.

Anyhoo, will start getting some images up soon as I work through them!

I wish I knew what was going on with the Knight carapace weapons though - still got the remaining 3 from the box to do but would like to magnetise them so need the weapons to plan that out.

There is a little hole right in the middle of the questoris' carapace. I was thinking of maybe sinking a 1x1mm magnet in there (after some drilling if needed) to allow for magnetising the carapace weapons, if they are eventually released. I haven't glued nor painted the carapaces yet.

There is a little hole right in the middle of the questoris' carapace. I was thinking of maybe sinking a 1x1mm magnet in there (after some drilling if needed) to allow for magnetising the carapace weapons, if they are eventually released. I haven't glued nor painted the carapaces yet.

I'm having the same debate: let me know how you both get on!

New stuff!

New stuff!

Nearly finished building my Warhounds. Reaver and Warlord are done and ready to prime (weather and time permitting. I miss the summer evenings...)

Will get building the Cerastus this week and report back on the kit. AT's builds have been excellent so far, imho, so hoping they continue the trend!

Nice looking army. If you are still look8ng for transfers, you might look at the Armiger ones. They may be small enough for your titans.

Good idea! I'll have a look. Although I did my only Armigers as Taranis so might have used them already... Maybe I can swap with a Tereryn player...

I've got some 1x1 somewhere, will have a look. You don't think they'd do any stupid like them being part of the carapace on another version of the sprue do you?

I don't know that the missile is worth the points.  If they eventually introduce air units I could see an autocannon and missile turret being useful.

Rule of cool wins every time for me! Plus I'll probably end up with so many Questoris, I might as well have the option!

I'm having the same debate: let me know how you both get on!

I've got some 1x1 somewhere, will have a look. You don't think they'd do any stupid like them being part of the carapace on another version of the sprue do you?

I don't know that the missile is worth the points.  If they eventually introduce air units I could see an autocannon and missile turret being useful.

Rule of cool wins every time for me! Plus I'll probably end up with so many Questoris, I might as well have the option!

Definitely rule of cool.

I'll most likely go add some 1x1mm magnets. Even if no carapace weapon is released that would allow for easily adding banners or flags. Wondering if the poles that came with the original epic infantry might allow for 1x1mm magnets as well.

Currently undercoated: Warlord sans head and carapace armour (going to use the ones from the separate sprue) Reaver sans head and one arm (going to get the new Reaver and mix and match), 2 Warhounds (with a total of 3 plasma blast guns between them...) and 2 Cerastus Knights.

It’s looking like I’m going to wait to carry on painting until Jan for the AT painting event. So will be doing my Starstriders, Electro Priests and after Christmas Day, my Blackstone minis. But can’t wait to get back to painting big robots!

Between AT and my AdMech with Knights I’ve used 4 cans of leadbelcher this year...

Here's the result of last night's nuln oil session! I also realised I've done all the hazard stripes on the carapaces - I think of it as undercoating, as I do it with the spray cans but it's not really, is it.

I might need a judges ruling to see if I can take part in the painting event!

IMG 3079

IMG 3078

IMG 3077

(Ignore the attack squig and Aximillion! :D)