Intercessor Armament

Dark_Master

So I did a thing, I only went in for some gold paint. £8 for a Intercessor squad, don’t mind if I do.

Required some work to reduce the ‘repeats’.

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b606/Dark_master1/ED9BCEF7-279C-4181-B1C8-3C58CC814CD3_zpskjleranf.jpg

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b606/Dark_master1/B3C1526D-FAD1-4F20-B855-31751FB06423_zpsz75nfvbo.jpg

Probably run them with Stalkers in the back field.

What have other people chosen as their main armament?

DM

Grim resolve does make heavy weapon on objective holder more attractive.

But its so expensive, not worth it. Better to get 5 scout at 1/2 the price to do the same job. Or get a tac unit with a lascanon for the same points.

The only Tac unit I find even remotely worth using is a HB one, because you can dish out backfield mortal wounds from a reasonably innocuous unit. Intercessors with bolt rifles are way better than a tac squad with one lascannon. 1D6 damage isn't going to do a whole lot, and it's not reliable enough to be a finisher.

I think that, in a pure primaris army, a stalker squad could be a decent back field objective holder.  I wouldn't bring it to a tournament, but for most games they should be OK.  Grim resolve is nice since it means they won't need an HQ to baby sit them.  I think stalkers are going to work for us better than any other chapter, except maybe raven guard.

Honestly, I prefer the standard bolt rifles on intercessors.  30 inch range is pretty good and rapid fire means they can be mobile when they need to and that they are (slightly) more dangerous withing 15 inches.

I am in no way advocating for tac marine.

Even heavy bolters are better on scout, or even better on devastator.

My point was that if you're gonna invest 90 point in a backfield unit, might as well be one that can shoot something. Even 36" range is sometime short for objective holders.

Thus, I can see no use for Stalker intercessor at all, I would even take las canon tac over them.

Archived